What did Jet Boaters do in this Economy:
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 33

Thread:
What did Jet Boaters do in this Economy:

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    419

    Default What did Jet Boaters do in this Economy:

    I was Talking with Doc the other day and we got Laughing about what Jet Boaters had done to compensate in this Economy. We said "hell most would Drop the Old Lady to Keep the Jet Alive". What's your funny or rule-ing on this.
    Just in Fun it has been a Bitch on Some !!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,453

    Default

    Sold the Flatty and spent the money on a pump rebuild, Place diverter and droop. plus the glass work to have the intake reset.
    Bought the Hydro first, then had to sell the flat, actually.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Concord, CA
    Posts
    939

    Default cut back

    When the wifes motor froze up on her, the question was the fix the car or the boat? She said "Fix the boat, I'm not staying home all summer" We have been getting by on one car. Saved the repairs, registration, insurance...

    She's a keeper.

    Jerry

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    i got skiillllzzzz.... fast76rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    clearlake ca
    Posts
    977

    Default the economy

    i have not worked since aug of 08.and im still out with my boat every chance i get$ boats are like a good woman."recession proof"

  7. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA.
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    I traded the desert toy for jet boat parts.
    Then I sold the hot rod for jet boat part's money.
    Then I sold some of the jet boat parts to try and save the house.
    I thought about selling the jet boat, part by part, to save the house but instead I'm spending house funds on jet boat parts (don't have enough funds for the house anyway).
    You got to put your foot down for something and for me it's my jet boat.


  8. #6
    Senior Member LuckyDaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tacoma Wa
    Posts
    1,409

    Default

    Slow and steady wins the race for me. If I don't have money the project doesn't go forward. I have been working side jobs though for boat cash. Seems to be working out alright.

  9. #7
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod56cars View Post
    I traded the desert toy for jet boat parts.
    Then I sold the hot rod for jet boat part's money.
    Then I sold some of the jet boat parts to try and save the house.
    I thought about selling the jet boat, part by part, to save the house but instead I'm spending house funds on jet boat parts (don't have enough funds for the house anyway).
    You got to put your foot down for something and for me it's my jet boat.


    That is solid reasoning right there!
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  10. #8
    Classic Hotboater! GasGuzzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    High Rock Lake, N.C.
    Posts
    932

    Default

    I just put my foot down, told her to stay away from the mall, and let her shop and order my boat parts on line.......so we both happy

  11. #9
    KAM
    KAM is offline
    Southern Hot Boaters
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzzler View Post
    I just put my foot down, told her to stay away from the mall, and let her shop and order my boat parts on line.......so we both happy

    My wife said that it would be a cold day in he__ before that would happen! lol

  12. #10
    Classic Hotboater! GasGuzzler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    High Rock Lake, N.C.
    Posts
    932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KAM View Post
    My wife said that it would be a cold day in he__ before that would happen! lol
    Yea, you right But you have to admit it sounded good. Say hi to Lisa for me and give me a call sometimes

  13. #11
    Senior Member LuckyDaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tacoma Wa
    Posts
    1,409

    Default

    oh yeah, I'm getting a divorce so soon to be no more lady to worry about.

  14. #12
    Senior Member milkmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    4,194

    Default

    she would kill me if i sold the jet, not that i would. when we sold the other one she looked at me and said get me a jet boat now..and she will only drive the jet and not the big boat..

  15. #13
    Amber Racing Services BUSBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    you guys still have wives?

  16. #14
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BUSBY View Post
    you guys still have wives?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95