Lake Boat that's fast and safe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 41

Thread:
Lake Boat that's fast and safe

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    73

    Default Lake Boat that's fast and safe

    Guys, i've been jet boating for a few years now and currently have a Taylor SJ, with a 505. Cool boat but i'm thinking about selling it for something a little different. The truth is, the wife is forcing me to buy a pontoon boat next year. It's not all bad, she is going to let me keep the SJ and we are going to buy a "fixer upper" toon. So, that gets me thinking; if we have a family boat and a play boat, what would be a cool upgrade for my jet fever? Still looking to seat 4 but I just don't know what all is out there and what I would like? Power wise I will go BBC with around 600 HP. In todays world, thats easy and cheap to get that level of power. So what is the fastest set up I can buy that still holds 4 people? And what type of speed would I be looking at? I love acceleration too.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Eliminator Daytona ,Liberator , or Cheyanne pickle forks work well !

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher711 View Post
    Eliminator Daytona ,Liberator , or Cheyanne pickle forks work well !
    Thanks!!! Are they all easy to find?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    21 daytona.....I may be a little bias
    Last edited by H20MOFO; 06-04-2015 at 10:00 AM.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  7. #5
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H20MOFO View Post
    21 daytona.....I may be a little bias
    That looked sick!! How fast do you think that was?

    Leads me to another question. what is the target length I should look for? 21? Longer, shorter?

    Thanks for all the info, Guys

  9. #7
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    21 Daytona. With 600 hp you should see 80 + with little trouble. Holds 4-5 people. Engine can be covered or not. Headers can be over transom or thru transom. Lots of options.
    Boat 405.

  10. #8
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    That looked sick!! How fast do you think that was?

    Leads me to another question. what is the target length I should look for? 21? Longer, shorter?

    Thanks for all the info, Guys
    That should have been 80 ish. Lots of nice boats on here....mine is slow compared to most of the 21's.
    I think 21 is the perfect lake boat....jmo
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  11. #9
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

    Default

    A Daytona 21' open bow would be the cats ass
    Last edited by Gopher711; 06-04-2015 at 02:34 PM.

  12. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher711 View Post
    A Datona 21' open bow would be the cats ass
    LOL what type of prices should I expect? I would like to buy one already done but i've noticed that some of the best deals would be taking my motor out of the SJ and putting it in the Datona

  13. #11
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    LOL what type of prices should I expect? I would like to buy one already done but i've noticed that some of the best deals would be taking my motor out of the SJ and putting it in the Datona
    To my knowledge the open bow thing would be custom/non factory. There was a pic of one floating around here a couple years back that turned out sweet.
    Watch the spam section ...you will get an idea of what they go for.
    I paid 3500 for my pile...no motor/rigging. The guy I bought mine from was gonna hang an outboard on her....it rolled out of the factory as an I/O.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  14. #12
    Senior Member Bobsnipper110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    Guys, i've been jet boating for a few years now and currently have a Taylor SJ, with a 505. Cool boat but i'm thinking about selling it for something a little different. The truth is, the wife is forcing me to buy a pontoon boat next year. It's not all bad, she is going to let me keep the SJ and we are going to buy a "fixer upper" toon. So, that gets me thinking; if we have a family boat and a play boat, what would be a cool upgrade for my jet fever? Still looking to seat 4 but I just don't know what all is out there and what I would like? Power wise I will go BBC with around 600 HP. In todays world, thats easy and cheap to get that level of power. So what is the fastest set up I can buy that still holds 4 people? And what type of speed would I be looking at? I love acceleration too.
    My choice would be a Gullwing . Safe, fast, and drives like a go kart!

  15. #13
    Senior Member Bobsnipper110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweat View Post
    Guys, i've been jet boating for a few years now and currently have a Taylor SJ, with a 505. Cool boat but i'm thinking about selling it for something a little different. The truth is, the wife is forcing me to buy a pontoon boat next year. It's not all bad, she is going to let me keep the SJ and we are going to buy a "fixer upper" toon. So, that gets me thinking; if we have a family boat and a play boat, what would be a cool upgrade for my jet fever? Still looking to seat 4 but I just don't know what all is out there and what I would like? Power wise I will go BBC with around 600 HP. In todays world, thats easy and cheap to get that level of power. So what is the fastest set up I can buy that still holds 4 people? And what type of speed would I be looking at? I love acceleration too.
    My 2 cents is a Gullwing . Drives like a slot car , seats 4-6, and will do 9 sec in the 1/4 mile no problem!

  16. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobsnipper110 View Post
    My 2 cents is a Gullwing . Drives like a slot car , seats 4-6, and will do 9 sec in the 1/4 mile no problem!
    Lot's of fun to drive...and quick too

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95