How many hours will a pump handle?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread:
How many hours will a pump handle?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    73

    Default How many hours will a pump handle?

    I've heard that the jet pumps will last forever and was wondering if anyone had an hour estimate on their jet pump??

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    We have a Glastron CVX 20 built in 1978 that always been in the extended family, we recently acquired it for testing a new prototype part we are building and we disassembled the Berkeley 12 JE for the first time ever in its life recently , The jet drive has over 1500 recorded hrs of use over 40 years , its been stored remote at a family Lake cabin and used by 3 generations of family members , It was still working well prior to disassembly and looked very good inside , the boat was very consistent in how it worked and operated and was chosen for our testing for that reason Tom


  4. #3
    Urban Cougar Trapper Gopher711's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sandia,Tx. 78383
    Posts
    976

    Default

    Horsepower up ......Longevity down......pretty simple , . ....nothing lasts forever
    http://oathkeepers.org
    Due to the fact that GOD limited mans intelligence , it's unfortunate he did not also limit his Stupidity !!!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Mr. Denton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    We have a Glastron CVX 20 built in 1978 that always been in the extended family, we recently acquired it for testing a new prototype part we are building and we disassembled the Berkeley 12 JE for the first time ever in its life recently , The jet drive has over 1500 recorded hrs of use over 40 years , its been stored remote at a family Lake cabin and used by 3 generations of family members , It was still working well prior to disassembly and looked very good inside , the boat was very consistent in how it worked and operated and was chosen for our testing for that reason Tom

    Always loved that boat model.


    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”
    Using Tapatalk

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    112

    Default

    X2. A true classic. I intend to have one of these before I'm worm food...

  8. #6
    Senior Member DuaneHTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    Love those old boats. We just finished restoring one yesterday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0082.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	749034
    [
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0083.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	246.7 KB 
ID:	749042  

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DuaneHTP View Post
    Love those old boats. We just finished restoring one yesterday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0082.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	194.9 KB 
ID:	749034
    [
    Nice!!

  10. #8
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Denton View Post
    Always loved that boat model.


    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. The US military doesn’t have that problem.”
    Bond ---James Bond As far as life of a pump, that depends on the use and care of the pump, if you want to run it in shallow water and up on the beach cut the life down down by A BUNCH! simple explanation " would you use sandpaper for bearings on your'e crank. Alot of people don't realize that a pump will pull off the bottom in 3 feet of water depending on the build of the pump. If you don't believe me put your'e foot down under the intake at idle. A berkeley pump is designed to flow at least 72 gallons per minute And after work with the pump alot more. So before you go bitching at a builder you might want to think about how you treated the pump in the first place! Or i would recommend stand behind the nozzle. You will get a better idea of the thrust that pump puts out.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95