Former race boat?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 36

Thread:
Former race boat?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA.
    Posts
    3,605

    Default Former race boat?

    I just picked up my TX19. This is me right now---->

    Does anyone here have a pic of it from when it raced? Ever seen it/know anything about it?

    I think it's a former ski race boat. It has large side gast tanks, guessing at least 15 gallons. The steering colum was mounted about 8" off the center of the keel line. I haven't weighed it (yet) but I was told it was 350 lbs. It does seem to flex similar to a friend of mines PB Gullwing which is also supposed to weigh 350 LBS.. On the transom it used to have the following written on it:
    Mr.Dick Martin / San Diego Coin Exchange
    Golden Getaway Corp. and the whole gang
    Mr. Jim Youngblood / Dominator Jet Co.
    Super Jet Engineering / Mariner Trailer Co.
    Unique Metal Co. / Equality Plating
    Schneider Racing Cams / S & S Headers

    Any info you guys have on this boat or anything you see in the pictures is appreciated!








    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	1107 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	34103   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	1174 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	34104   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	1117 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	34105   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	1105 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	34106   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	1101 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	34107  


  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod56cars View Post
    I just picked up my TX19. This is me right now---->

    Does anyone here have a pic of it from when it raced? Ever seen it/know anything about it?

    I think it's a former ski race boat. It has large side gast tanks, guessing at least 15 gallons. The steering colum was mounted about 8" off the center of the keel line. I haven't weighed it (yet) but I was told it was 350 lbs. It does seem to flex similar to a friend of mines PB Gullwing which is also supposed to weigh 350 LBS.. On the transom it used to have the following written on it:
    Mr.Dick Martin / San Diego Coin Exchange
    Golden Getaway Corp. and the whole gang
    Mr. Jim Youngblood / Dominator Jet Co.
    Super Jet Engineering / Mariner Trailer Co.
    Unique Metal Co. / Equality Plating
    Schneider Racing Cams / S & S Headers

    Any info you guys have on this boat or anything you see in the pictures is appreciated!










    looks like it had a lenco driveline on it. i dont think you'd want to run circles (ski race) with that type of driveline. looks like dragboat type stuff.

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    457

    Default

    How much you pick that thing up for Rod?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA.
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    Good point Cyclone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pw_Tony View Post
    How much you pick that thing up for Rod?
    $4,500 w/a decent pair of BBC Bassett headers and a box of misc. parts.

  7. #5
    Senior Member moneysucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Descanso, California, United States
    Posts
    2,225

    Default

    Things look to have turned around. From losing te house and living in the streets selling your boats to buying a few different boats. I am glad things turned around. Looks like a nice pull.

    Cy
    Vinyl Graphics, Magnetic signs, Reg #s, Boat names, Banners, Boat decals, Etc. Please contact me Via facebook or e-mail [email protected].

  8. #6
    Senior Member milkmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    4,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moneysucker View Post
    Things look to have turned around. From losing te house and living in the streets selling your boats to buying a few different boats. I am glad things turned around. Looks like a nice pull.

    Cy
    cy i think you need to be working on the customers orders instead of messing around on the boards..sorry for the jack, looks good hot rod..

  9. #7
    Senior Member moneysucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Descanso, California, United States
    Posts
    2,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milkmoney View Post
    cy i think you need to be working on the customers orders instead of messing around on the boards..sorry for the jack, looks good hot rod..

    I did. You got yours. I have a couple proof that just went out as well.
    Vinyl Graphics, Magnetic signs, Reg #s, Boat names, Banners, Boat decals, Etc. Please contact me Via facebook or e-mail [email protected].

  10. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA.
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moneysucker View Post
    Things look to have turned around. From losing te house and living in the streets selling your boats to buying a few different boats. I am glad things turned around. Looks like a nice pull.

    Cy
    Funny thing about foreclosure is that sooner or later you stop making the $3,170 a month mortgage payment. It adds up quick!!! BTW, I haven't lived in the streets (yet), my family and I are still in my house for another 4 months or so.

    Someone has to of seen this boat on the water before...

  11. #9
    Senior Member milkmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    4,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moneysucker View Post
    I did. You got yours. I have a couple proof that just went out as well.
    ok let you slide this time, carry on....mine are still sitting on the table. do you think if i just carry them in the boat, the leos would be ok with that, i dont want to stick them on, you know the ocd thing..or ar ???

  12. #10
    Senior Member brgrcru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montrose
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    Congrats on the new ride. Have fun, I love mine. I got mine a couple years ago and this is still me-----

  13. #11
    steelcomp was here
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    n/e TN
    Posts
    26,275

    Default

    I agree about it being a drag boat...350# is pretty light...too light for something to be used as an endurance race boat (ski race) and ditto on the Lenco driveline. Somewhere in the rules it says a steering column needs to be a minimum distance from the center for certain classes where center steer isn't allowed.
    Nice score.
    If God is your co-pilot, change seats!
    Acts 2:38, the perfect answer to the perfect question.

  14. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA.
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    Thanks Steelcomp.

    Quote Originally Posted by brgrcru View Post
    Congrats on the new ride. Have fun, I love mine. I got mine a couple years ago and this is still me-----
    I've been asking around and all I've heard is good things about these boats which is the biggest reason why I bought it.

  15. #13
    Senior Member n8dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Santa Paula
    Posts
    1,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod56cars View Post
    I've been asking around and all I've heard is good things about these boats which is the biggest reason why I bought it.
    CONGRATS ROD! YOU LUCKY DOG!

  16. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA.
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by n8dawg View Post
    CONGRATS ROD! YOU LUCKY DOG!
    Thanks Nate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95