ALuminum driveshafts?
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread:
ALuminum driveshafts?

  1. #1
    Senior Member badbug3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,016

    Default ALuminum driveshafts?

    Anyone running aluminum driveshafts in fast jetboats? Just wondering if they were much lighter if any than a lenco driveline.
    Last edited by badbug3; 11-29-2015 at 08:15 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member bc18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badbug3 View Post
    Anyone running aluminum driveshafts in fast jetboats?
    Yep

  4. #3
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Just run more BOOST
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    The member 1bdhondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    3,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hass828 View Post
    Just run more BOOST
    You don't need to if you have a turbo motor that makes 3000k hp on pump gas ( Chevy headed ) like that's possible lol you morons actually believe that ! Lmfao ! The dyno sheet says so !!!

  7. #5
    Senior Member badbug3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hass828 View Post
    Just run more BOOST
    come on hass, you can give a better smart ass answer than that i know.

  8. #6
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badbug3 View Post
    come on hass, you can give a better smart ass answer than that i know.
    Ok, Keep your driveshaft & get a picklefork.
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  9. #7
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bdhondo View Post
    You don't need to if you have a turbo motor that makes 3000k hp on pump gas ( Chevy headed ) like that's possible lol you morons actually believe that ! Lmfao ! The dyno sheet says so !!!
    I agree those numbers sound pretty impressive but he has dyno results to prove it and Steve Morris is pretty well respected.

    I questioned about the standard "she makes 3500 hp" that all the Top alcohol guys claim.
    I've never seen dyno results of a roots blown alky motor making that hp number as of yet, and no one has produced any, but most seem to believe it.

    Is, "word of mouth" more believable to you than dyno results ?

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  10. #8
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bdhondo View Post
    You don't need to if you have a turbo motor that makes 3000k hp on pump gas ( Chevy headed ) like that's possible lol you morons actually believe that ! Lmfao ! The dyno sheet says so !!!
    That is a 5" bore spaced engine. Not really much left there that is common "chevy", especially the heads.
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  11. #9
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    I agree those numbers sound pretty impressive but he has dyno results to prove it and Steve Morris is pretty well respected.

    I questioned about the standard "she makes 3500 hp" that all the Top alcohol guys claim.
    I've never seen dyno results of a roots blown alky motor making that hp number as of yet, and no one has produced any, but most seem to believe it.

    Is, "word of mouth" more believable to you than dyno results ?
    Come on Mark! You dont buy that an alky engine with a roots can make 3500?
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  12. #10
    Senior Member bc18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    950

    Default

    3500 hp impressive. Chevy heads?
    What does your place craft run to the 660 again?

  13. #11
    The member 1bdhondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    ca
    Posts
    3,244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hass828 View Post
    That is a 5" bore spaced engine. Not really much left there that is common "chevy", especially the heads.
    I understand that but just don't see it. What dyno are they even using to take 4000+ hp.

  14. #12
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1bdhondo View Post
    I understand that but just don't see it. What dyno are they even using to take 4000+ hp.
    Steve busted the input shaft on that one. Custom made a handful of parts to get it to stand the tq.
    BangShift.com Watch A Twin ProCharged Big Block Bust the Dyno at Steve Morris Racing Engines! - BangShift.com
    Last edited by Hass828; 11-30-2015 at 10:01 AM.
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  15. #13
    Senior Member cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bc18 View Post
    3500 hp impressive. Chevy heads?
    What does your place craft run to the 660 again?
    I'd be surprised to find a conventional Chevy head that didn't crack after you hogged it out enough to flow enough to support 3,500 hp then tried to cram enough boost through the ports to make that kind of power.

    5.0 inch bore space stuff? sure. conventional stuff? probably not.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95