Rub Rail
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread:
Rub Rail

  1. #1
    Senior Member holorinhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    1,528

    Default Rub Rail

    I am trying to find some rub rail for an 18' Advantage bubble deck (18' Rogers Bonneville). It is the 5/8" wide with the flat back(no lip) and the rubber insert.
    Does any one know of a source for this type of rub rail?

    I'm not here for a long time, I'm just here for a good time!
    If your not on the edge.......your taking up too much room......Drive it like you stole it!

    73 KONA Restoration http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=10678
    '81 Spectra 20 Facelift http://www.performanceboats.com/user...-facelift.html

    18' Advantage http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-...k-project.html

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    000-OnRe! If Looks Could Kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Upland
    Posts
    242
    1992 Cole Superhawk
    1977 DiMarco #000 OnRe!

  4. #3
    Senior Member jetjunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Diamond Bar, Big River
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    I have the blue ano. I removed from mine (18' advantage) years ago hangin around here if ya want it Hal. Have the rubber insert too though it's prolly shrunk some and a tad short now. be good to get it out of my way. not sure how to transport in it's formed shape though. lemme kno.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member holorinhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetjunky View Post
    I have the blue ano. I removed from mine (18' advantage) years ago hangin around here if ya want it Hal. Have the rubber insert too though it's prolly shrunk some and a tad short now. be good to get it out of my way. not sure how to transport in it's formed shape though. lemme kno.
    Hmmm! Man, Warren there is an Idea! That would be kinda awesome! You have all of it?
    I have found the rail but they only have it in black and silver and it is in Cali, at Shoemakers shop.
    I have my old rubber that just took out, when I took the rail off. Rex Marine has the rubber but no metal.
    Let me see what I can figure out, with my old rail, about fitting it in the truck. There would be two, big, wide pieces, the front and the back.

    I'm not here for a long time, I'm just here for a good time!
    If your not on the edge.......your taking up too much room......Drive it like you stole it!

    73 KONA Restoration http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=10678
    '81 Spectra 20 Facelift http://www.performanceboats.com/user...-facelift.html

    18' Advantage http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-...k-project.html

  7. #5
    Senior Member Fonz69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Frozen Tundra, WI
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Rubrails.com
    It's been a while ago when I bought some but it was a good price and good service

    Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

  8. #6
    Senior Member holorinhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Yes that is exactly it, but Rex Marine is currently out of stock of that particular type. Mike says he will not get any more until late 2016 and I am not sure if he will be able to get the blue ano.
    I talked to Advantage and they said that they could not get it. they said they had a very hard time finding any for the one that they recently built.
    There is a guy that works for GS marine, that had acquired a lot of the rub rail when the manufacture went out of business and sells it on the side.

    My Advantage is the same year(86) as yours and has pretty much the same graphics as yours, except in a blue fade.

    I'm not here for a long time, I'm just here for a good time!
    If your not on the edge.......your taking up too much room......Drive it like you stole it!

    73 KONA Restoration http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=10678
    '81 Spectra 20 Facelift http://www.performanceboats.com/user...-facelift.html

    18' Advantage http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-...k-project.html

  9. #7
    Senior Member holorinhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fonz69 View Post
    Rubrails.com
    It's been a while ago when I bought some but it was a good price and good service

    Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
    Yea,. I have check them and just about every where else. They have something similar but it has a lip on the back and I need a flat back.

    I'm not here for a long time, I'm just here for a good time!
    If your not on the edge.......your taking up too much room......Drive it like you stole it!

    73 KONA Restoration http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=10678
    '81 Spectra 20 Facelift http://www.performanceboats.com/user...-facelift.html

    18' Advantage http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-...k-project.html

  10. #8
    Senior Member andyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Valley of the Winds
    Posts
    302

    Default Anodize

    Just my 2.0, but I would try to stay away for any anodize parts for boats, looks really cool at first but fades quickly. I actually formed/bent my rub rail, and before attaching I epoxy primed and painted, (any color you choose) and looked great for many years. Powder coating small parts are always an option too. Good example would be gauge and switch bezals.

  11. #9
    Jackwagon Patrolman Rexone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Earth
    Posts
    11,644
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by holorinhal View Post
    Yes that is exactly it, but Rex Marine is currently out of stock of that particular type. Mike says he will not get any more until late 2016 and I am not sure if he will be able to get the blue ano.
    I talked to Advantage and they said that they could not get it. they said they had a very hard time finding any for the one that they recently built.
    There is a guy that works for GS marine, that had acquired a lot of the rub rail when the manufacture went out of business and sells it on the side.

    My Advantage is the same year(86) as yours and has pretty much the same graphics as yours, except in a blue fade.
    Hal it won't be late 2016, spring 2016. I am trying go get enough pre-sold to order very soon, a mill run. Clear and Black are for sure. If I see enough demand for other colors I will run them too. Blue and red would be the likely first 2 candidates considered. Not too many people want gold any more. I also have lots of rubber insert for this and for BT1 size.

  12. #10
    Senior Member jetjunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Diamond Bar, Big River
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    Yes Hal I have all of it, insert too. correct on the two big pieces. they're hanging in my shop out of the way. I'll pm you my contact info and you let me know if/how you would like to proceed. Glad it will go to a good home.

  13. #11
    Senior Member holorinhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Hal it won't be late 2016, spring 2016. I am trying go get enough pre-sold to order very soon, a mill run. Clear and Black are for sure. If I see enough demand for other colors I will run them too. Blue and red would be the likely first 2 candidates considered. Not too many people want gold any more. I also have lots of rubber insert for this and for BT1 size.
    Mike, how can I go about ordering the rubber insert? can it be ordered through you web site? I may need the rubber insert, no matter what direction I go.

    I'm not here for a long time, I'm just here for a good time!
    If your not on the edge.......your taking up too much room......Drive it like you stole it!

    73 KONA Restoration http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=10678
    '81 Spectra 20 Facelift http://www.performanceboats.com/user...-facelift.html

    18' Advantage http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-...k-project.html

  14. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    191

    Default

    I have been trying to get blue rub rail for my 87 advantage for a year and a half. That's two orders mike how bout it? If I could just get new without the lip and find someone with a 12' oven to powder coat it. I never thought I wouldn't be able to get replacement rub rail until i removed mine and tossed it in the garbage.

  15. #13
    Jackwagon Patrolman Rexone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Earth
    Posts
    11,644
    Blog Entries
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by f-bomber View Post
    I have been trying to get blue rub rail for my 87 advantage for a year and a half. That's two orders mike how bout it? If I could just get new without the lip and find someone with a 12' oven to powder coat it. I never thought I wouldn't be able to get replacement rub rail until i removed mine and tossed it in the garbage.
    Clear and black are in stock now. Will run some blue in not too distant future.
    Please email me with any interest as I'm not on the forum a lot and may not see pms timely. [email protected]

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95