Craigslist boat - Daytona
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread:
Craigslist boat - Daytona

  1. #1
    Cas
    Cas is offline
    Angry American Cas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Craigslist boat - Daytona

    It's not mine. I just found this ad and thought someone just might be interested-

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/boa/1091294230.html


  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Cas looks nice 12k ?? hmmm

    check your pms "450" info

  4. #3
    Rollin With Fink fasterthanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    It's not mine. I just found this ad and thought someone just might be interested-

    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/boa/1091294230.html

    Boats not far from me, guy bought it with a blower motor for 10 grand. He has been trying to sell the boat for 2 years minus all the other parts 15,000 now 12. Needs lots of work and the trailer is primed... It's a 78 flat keel.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Delemorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC.
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fasterthanu View Post
    Boats not far from me, guy bought it with a blower motor for 10 grand. He has been trying to sell the boat for 2 years minus all the other parts 15,000 now 12. Needs lots of work and the trailer is primed... It's a 78 flat keel.

    So he yanked the motor and tacked on 2 G's?


    Wow what a deal
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    the ensueing fire would likely be extinguished by the sinking however

  7. #5
    Rollin With Fink fasterthanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delemorte View Post
    So he yanked the motor and tacked on 2 G's?


    Wow what a deal
    Kinda- the motor was never installed, the boat is un rigged for the most part.

  8. #6
    Senior Member Rain Maker MN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Won't get $12K for it in this market....if it needs to be completly rigged

  9. #7
    RLP
    RLP is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Maker MN View Post
    Won't get $12K for it in this market....if it needs to be completly rigged
    I hear ya cant even get 15,000
    for my brand new cond. Warhawk less power and a new hull is like 10,000
    getting ruff these days

  10. #8
    MAMA TRIED BENSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SOMEWHERE BETWEEN HEAVEN & HELL
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    Its also posted on dragboats.com

    I'd be having a new one laid up if I was going to spend 12k on a hull only.

  11. #9
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BENSE View Post
    Its also posted on dragboats.com

    I'd be having a new one laid up if I was going to spend 12k on a hull only.
    Exactly... the old molds are just that, OLD. The new daytona molds are different and better, so are the lay up schedules.

  12. #10
    MAMA TRIED BENSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    SOMEWHERE BETWEEN HEAVEN & HELL
    Posts
    1,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    Exactly... the old molds are just that, OLD. The new daytona molds are different and better, so are the lay up schedules.
    Stopped by and checked out the boat this weekend. Lookin good.

  13. #11
    Senior Member stoker2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Folsom,Ca
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fasterthanu View Post
    Boats not far from me, guy bought it with a blower motor for 10 grand. He has been trying to sell the boat for 2 years minus all the other parts 15,000 now 12. Needs lots of work and the trailer is primed... It's a 78 flat keel.
    that used to be Darrel Hamiltons boat from Granit Bay
    It used to be stored in his shop that i rented space at
    I never seen it with a motor in it
    We bought a Stoker Sport Tunnel from Darrel about eight years ago
    Whacker Smacker M/E #561 IHBA "first looser"champ 2006&2007&Sportsman Driver of the Year

  14. #12
    Rollin With Fink fasterthanu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norcal
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stoker2001 View Post
    that used to be Darrel Hamiltons boat from Granit Bay
    It used to be stored in his shop that i rented space at
    I never seen it with a motor in it
    We bought a Stoker Sport Tunnel from Darrel about eight years ago
    Read post 5, Darrel had a blown injected 427 on a stand that he sold with the boat for the 10 grand.

  15. #13
    Senior Member BigBoyToys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Spokane, WA
    Posts
    981

    Default

    That boat has been posted on Craigslist on Sacramento and Phoenix Craigslist for quite some time in various forms. Here is the old Phoenix Craigslist ad.
    19' ELIMINATOR TUNNEL (FOLSOM,CA)

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-03-24, 11:08AM MST


    I HAVE A 19' TUNNEL DRAGSTER WITH A 427 BLOWN INJECTED BBC [ NEEDS ASSEMBLY ] LOTS OF NEW SELL OR TRADE FOR A SOFT TAIL CUSTOM 916 370-5599


    Location: FOLSOM,CA
    it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    PostingID: 1089956542

    This ad included the motor. Maybe he has sold the motor since and now selling minus motor??? Here's a pic of the motor that was posted in the Phoenix CL ad.

    Last edited by BigBoyToys; 03-28-2009 at 06:24 AM.
    "That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government"
    Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776

  16. #14
    Senior Member stoker2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Folsom,Ca
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fasterthanu View Post
    Read post 5, Darrel had a blown injected 427 on a stand that he sold with the boat for the 10 grand.
    Ya i figured he would end up selling it as a project
    If you run into him,tell him hey for Kevin Kraft
    see you on the water
    Whacker Smacker M/E #561 IHBA "first looser"champ 2006&2007&Sportsman Driver of the Year

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95