mickey Thompson
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread:
mickey Thompson

  1. #1
    Pro Gas Jet RedPearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ausitn, TX
    Posts
    747

    Default mickey Thompson

    pretty cool find!! after acetoning the block for the 100th time i noticed the block was stamped (MICKEY THOMPSON) on the oil pan rail.. I know the block came from Bob Cunnignham but im not sure were he got the block from. thought this was pretty cool piece of history !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02981.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	38376  
    Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Pro Gas Jet RedPearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ausitn, TX
    Posts
    747

    Default

    this is the boss 429 block in The Red Pearl 150 boat.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02980.jpg 
Views:	521 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	38377  
    Last edited by RedPearl; 04-06-2009 at 10:22 PM.
    Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

  4. #3
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,075

    Default

    Cool, but why is that thing apart ? What year is the block ? Standard deck height ?

    What are you doing, a quick re-build ?

    S CP

    Jon

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA.
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    Very cool.

  7. #5
    Pro Gas Jet RedPearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ausitn, TX
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper CP View Post
    Cool, but why is that thing apart ? What year is the block ? Standard deck height ?

    What are you doing, a quick re-build ?

    S CP

    Jon
    this was two weekends before the elsinore race!!! standard deck height.
    Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

  8. #6
    Driver 78CoLeBBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Golden Shores,AZ
    Posts
    3,195

    Default

    like i said rob let me know when your done with the block I'll take the piece of scrap off your hands after all it's really heavy and old cant be worth much to a boat racer
    p.s. you get the girl shirts in print yet
    Its a FORD thing chevy's arent quick enough to understand

  9. #7
    Pro Gas Jet RedPearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ausitn, TX
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 78CoLeBBF View Post
    like i said rob let me know when your done with the block I'll take the piece of scrap off your hands after all it's really heavy and old cant be worth much to a boat racer
    p.s. you get the girl shirts in print yet
    next week. I'll send you a pic of the shirts when i get them. let me blow it up one more time and then you can have it !!!
    Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

  10. #8
    Pro Gas Jet RedPearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ausitn, TX
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Does anyone know Bob or Jaque Cunningham ? Midnight Oil racing team? I would like to find out from Bob were this block came from!!!
    Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

  11. #9
    Senior Member PCE680's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Manhattan Beach,CA / LHC,AZ
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedPearl View Post
    Does anyone know Bob or Jaque Cunningham ? Midnight Oil racing team? I would like to find out from Bob were this block came from!!!
    I thought Rick Green at Wilders shop built that motor.

  12. #10
    Pro Gas Jet RedPearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ausitn, TX
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PCE680 View Post
    I thought Rick Green at Wilders shop built that motor.
    Rick built the motor but he got the block from Bob Cunningham after rick blew up the talldeck.
    Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

  13. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anza, CA - Lost Lake, CA
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RedPearl View Post
    Does anyone know Bob or Jaque Cunningham ? Midnight Oil racing team? I would like to find out from Bob were this block came from!!!
    It more than likely came from Mickey's in Wilmington/Long Beach, or Bill Stroppe's in Signal Hill. May have come from Holman-Moody in South Gate, but I doubt it.

    Most of the Boss Nine stuff came out of Mickey's. We inventoried it for the auction he had way back when. There was a lot of SOHC and Boss Nine stuff up on the mezzanine in his shop. He gave up on the Boss Nine's and bucked Ford, as the SOHC's ran alot better in the both the Red Mustang(Foster's), and the Blue one(Ongais's).

    That just could've been Amos' tuning ability with a Cammer, lol. Who knows.

    I saw Midnight Oil around the races quite a bit back then, but concentrated more interest on the 'Millenium Falcon'. CP Tunnel with a Ford 385 series Wedge in it.

    Lost track of them long ago.

    RR

  14. #12
    Pro Gas Jet RedPearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Ausitn, TX
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRacer View Post
    It more than likely came from Mickey's in Wilmington/Long Beach, or Bill Stroppe's in Signal Hill. May have come from Holman-Moody in South Gate, but I doubt it.

    Most of the Boss Nine stuff came out of Mickey's. We inventoried it for the auction he had way back when. There was a lot of SOHC and Boss Nine stuff up on the mezzanine in his shop. He gave up on the Boss Nine's and bucked Ford, as the SOHC's ran alot better in the both the Red Mustang(Foster's), and the Blue one(Ongais's).

    That just could've been Amos' tuning ability with a Cammer, lol. Who knows.

    I saw Midnight Oil around the races quite a bit back then, but concentrated more interest on the 'Millenium Falcon'. CP Tunnel with a Ford 385 series Wedge in it.

    Lost track of them long ago.

    RR
    That's great information, Thanks RiverRacer !!!
    Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95