steering kit
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 26

Thread:
steering kit

  1. #1
    Senior Member bc18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    950

    Default steering kit

    I've got an old rack n pinion style steering in my 18 elminator jet. The steering cable is getting tight so instead of replacing the cable i was just gonna buy the kit for about 50 bucks more for what the cables cost. Wheres a good place to get these at?
    Thanks,
    Brad

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member milkmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    4,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bc18 View Post
    I've got an old rack n pinion style steering in my 18 elminator jet. The steering cable is getting tight so instead of replacing the cable i was just gonna buy the kit for about 50 bucks more for what the cables cost. Wheres a good place to get these at?
    Thanks,
    Brad
    first of all its daddy's boat and just replace the cable..

  4. #3
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    Ouch...Milky...
    I'll agree buy the complete kit. if one part is worn surely so is the other.

    especially if its daddy's $$
    #55

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member tx-19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    wittmann,az
    Posts
    853

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bc18 View Post
    I've got an old rack n pinion style steering in my 18 elminator jet. The steering cable is getting tight so instead of replacing the cable i was just gonna buy the kit for about 50 bucks more for what the cables cost. Wheres a good place to get these at?
    Thanks,
    Brad
    i can get you one.

  7. #5
    Senior Member bc18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milkmoney View Post
    first of all its daddy's boat and just replace the cable..
    tis my fathers boat, he puts me incharge with the maintenence though
    Hows the semi trucking business going?

  8. #6
    Senior Member bc18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tx-19 View Post
    i can get you one.
    where? That bad attitude place said he can get them for 210

  9. #7
    Senior Member milkmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    4,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Ouch...Milky...
    I'll agree buy the complete kit. if one part is worn surely so is the other.

    especially if its daddy's $$
    ya ya . just had to bust his b*lls. i agree you dont want a foulty part in his nice eliminator..

  10. #8
    Senior Member milkmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    4,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bc18 View Post
    tis my fathers boat, he puts me incharge with the maintenence though
    Hows the semi trucking business going?
    well you better do somehting to use the boat and dont throw your daddy's cigs in the river this year..., no longer a truck driver i have been promoted...

  11. #9
    Senior Member bc18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milkmoney View Post
    ya ya . just had to bust his b*lls. i agree you dont want a foulty part in his nice eliminator..
    yeah, does urs have that rack & pinion type?? or the box?

  12. #10
    TRG
    TRG is offline
    Senior Member TRG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    Call Rex Marine, or check out www.rexmar.com I think that is the website info.

  13. #11
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Yes support the vendors here
    Upper Midwest Power Boat Association
    DRAG BOAT RACING UMPBA #926


  14. #12
    Senior Member milkmoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    vegas
    Posts
    4,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bc18 View Post
    yeah, does urs have that rack & pinion type?? or the box?
    i have the rack and pinion type, i have a zerk on my cable so i can shoot it with some grease, so hopefully it will last alittle longer than normal..

  15. #13
    Senior Member bc18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toddnjuzz View Post
    Call Rex Marine, or check out www.rexmar.com I think that is the website info.
    yeah im gonna have to call them cause they dont have them listed yet

  16. #14
    Senior Member bc18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milkmoney View Post
    i have the rack and pinion type, i have a zerk on my cable so i can shoot it with some grease, so hopefully it will last alittle longer than normal..
    its comming dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95