455
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread:
455

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default 455

    what is a good gap for plugs for this motor

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    8,169

    Default More info

    Quote Originally Posted by kona15 View Post
    what is a good gap for plugs for this motor
    What distributor are you using? A standard type, (point) ignition is .035.....An HEI type stocker would be .045-.060, depending on the coil output. A Magneto type ignition w/o an external transformer, .018-.020. A mag w/ext transformer, refer to unit instructions as there are several variables........If it is an aftermarket distributor/system you can always go to their web site for detailed instruction sheets. Hope this helped you, Ray
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES

  4. #3
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moneypit View Post
    What distributor are you using? A standard type, (point) ignition is .035.....An HEI type stocker would be .045-.060, depending on the coil output. A Magneto type ignition w/o an external transformer, .018-.020. A mag w/ext transformer, refer to unit instructions as there are several variables........If it is an aftermarket distributor/system you can always go to their web site for detailed instruction sheets. Hope this helped you, Ray
    Damn Ray your like a walking "Olds repair manual" Good job !

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default re

    wow! thanks. it is just the standard points and condensor type dist

  7. #5
    "Try it Now!" Tahiti Boss21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yucaipa, California
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    i take them out of the boxes and screw them in...olds is a party motor.
    1992 Eliminator Daytona 21'

  8. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default re

    ha ha thats funny

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newbury Park, Ca/Mohave Valley, Az
    Posts
    8,169

    Default Easy ones

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    Damn Ray your like a walking "Olds repair manual" Good job !
    Well I'm old and slow, so I have to jump on the easy ones once in a while. I actually sold auto parts when we sold more points and condensers than HEI caps and rotors. We also stocked Y block Ford valley gaskets...........Ray

    PS Also SDN1A starter drives for every GM starter in the world!!!!
    LOUD BOATS SAVE LIVES

  10. #8
    Member pushingvws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    auburn, ca
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tahiti Boss21 View Post
    i take them out of the boxes and screw them in...olds is a party motor.

    Amen, cept I do that with any motor. Hasn't failed me yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95