hi-techperformance**anybody**
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 16

Thread:
hi-techperformance**anybody**

  1. #1
    Senior Member nasty toys racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    620

    Default hi-techperformance**anybody**

    any body use there regulator and by pass system he sells,i need water preshure to the motor and a seperate 1 for the intercooler,it looks like you can by that stuff at home depot

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Brendellajet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ladera Ranch
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    I havn't used it, but wouldn't hesitate to. Duane's stuff works.
    "He is a lover, not a fighter. But he's also a fighter, so dont get any ideas."

  4. #3
    Senior Member Ken F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    557

    Default

    yes, I use it and it works great. I've also raced alongside "Ol Purple" his blown/intercooled cheyenne. It has the exact setup you need, and it works flawless.

    Give Duane a call, and don't put home-depot stuff on there!!!!
    How much have you got in your engine?

    Ken
    The liberals are asking us to give Obama time. We agree and think 25 to life would be appropriate.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Fonz69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Frozen Tundra, WI
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Had all that on my Eliminator with a blown 540, it worked great.

    Yes call Duane do not go to Home Depot, there is allot of research behind what he is selling and reasons for why it works so well.

  7. #5
    Senior Member coonass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Canyon Lake, TX
    Posts
    738

    Default

    yes yes hi-tech has years of play'n with this stuff
    screw home depot unless you want to do some sink plumb'n

    Duane will answer any ??'s and more info if need'd super cool guy

    never had any problems with him .................100% great place for jet boat products

  8. #6
    Senior Member CK7684's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    550

    Thumbs up

    Yup, I've got it and it works great Duane and everyone else at Hi-Tech has always been friendly and helpful to me

  9. #7
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Id run Ace Hardware Jet Boat performance parts before Id do Homie Depot.

    Duane is the man. All his stuff is insane! Well worth the money.

  10. #8
    Senior Member Delemorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC.
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    not saying duane is not a nice guy or some of the shit he builds for jets is not top notch but we are talking about a water pressure bypass valve. I see the same thing on 3-4 other sites and looks exactly like the same thing i can get from mcmaster carr or a half dozen other web sites. What makes this special pressure valve better than the ones from any other site?

    Looking at duanes it looks just like all the other cast brass pieces i have seen. If it was a milled peice then sure but im not drinking the cool-aid on this one. Now if you just want to support a small buisness and want to spend the coin then thats awesome but im not sold that this piece of brass is any more special than one i can find at my local places or online. Sorry.

    So if im wrong tell me exactly why... we are talking about relatively very low pressures so please tell me..
    Last edited by Delemorte; 06-18-2009 at 11:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    the ensueing fire would likely be extinguished by the sinking however

  11. #9
    Senior Member moneysucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Descanso, California, United States
    Posts
    2,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delemorte View Post
    not saying duane is not a nice guy or some of the shit he builds for jets is not top notch but we are talking about a water pressure bypass valve. I see the same thing on 3-4 other sites and looks exactly like the same thing i can get from mcmaster carr or a half dozen other web sites. What makes this special pressure valve better than the ones from any other site?

    Looking at duanes it looks just like all the other cast brass pieces i have seen. If it was a milled peice then sure but im not drinking the cool-aid on this one. Now if you just want to support a small buisness and want to spend the coin then thats awesome but im not sold that this piece of brass is any more special than one i can find at my local places or online. Sorry.

    So if im wrong tell me exactly why... we are talking about relatively very low pressures so please tell me..
    I am not disagreeing but I have gone the " I could build that...Easy" route before and somehow something usually goes sideways and ends up costing more in the long run than if I would have just got the right part that was built for my application. After spending the kind of money on a blown intercooled motor to have the pressure relief that you made from home depot parts blow out the intercooler and hydraulic the motor is just not worth the headache.
    Vinyl Graphics, Magnetic signs, Reg #s, Boat names, Banners, Boat decals, Etc. Please contact me Via facebook or e-mail [email protected].

  12. #10
    Senior Member Delemorte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Charlotte, NC.
    Posts
    1,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moneysucker View Post
    I am not disagreeing but I have gone the " I could build that...Easy" route before and somehow something usually goes sideways and ends up costing more in the long run than if I would have just got the right part that was built for my application. After spending the kind of money on a blown intercooled motor to have the pressure relief that you made from home depot parts blow out the intercooler and hydraulic the motor is just not worth the headache.
    So is the cast brass valve that duane and others are selling technicly better than the one i can get online at other stores for a fraction of the cost?

    If spending some extra dough on something that works exactly how you need it vs compromising for something not as perfect but cost less i get it but i would love to hear the specs on his valve ( or any one elses for that matter) that makes it so awesome that i would spend 2-3x's what i could do in assembling myself. BTW home depot does not carry that valve at any price... Wish it had but does not. I had to special order one online.

    And please dont take this as bashing anyone on this site. Duane and others like him have experience well beyond anything i will ever have and im sure have forgotten more about boats, jets and engines than i will ever hope to know. But when it comes to a valve they bought (they did not manufacture that valve) then i dont get it. If they did manufacture it then sorry and I'll shut up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    the ensueing fire would likely be extinguished by the sinking however

  13. #11
    Senior Member NiceGuyEddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills
    Posts
    5,838

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Delemorte View Post
    So is the cast brass valve that duane and others are selling technicly better than the one i can get online at other stores for a fraction of the cost?

    If spending some extra dough on something that works exactly how you need it vs compromising for something not as perfect but cost less i get it but i would love to hear the specs on his valve ( or any one elses for that matter) that makes it so awesome that i would spend 2-3x's what i could do in assembling myself. BTW home depot does not carry that valve at any price... Wish it had but does not. I had to special order one online.

    And please dont take this as bashing anyone on this site. Duane and others like him have experience well beyond anything i will ever have and im sure have forgotten more about boats, jets and engines than i will ever hope to know. But when it comes to a valve they bought (they did not manufacture that valve) then i dont get it. If they did manufacture it then sorry and I'll shut up.

    All your answers are only 1 call away. 417-858-8616

  14. #12
    Senior Member nasty toys racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    620

    Default

    i will have to agree with delemorte the same valve that youcould pay 150 for ive seen it on line 4 under ten bucks 4 evey thing,i allso have my by-pass valve that was screewed in to my intercooler that i just pulled of and riged up a preshure gauge to the end of it ,wich is adjustable from o to 20# that i forgot i had wich will work ,duan sets his to open at 13 i think he said,,,,, but i dont now if i trust a by-pass valve if it goes out wich they do fail and my exit line is behind the boatso id never see it if it did fail,i was thinking of a gat valve for my motor and 1 for the intercooler with gauges after the exit point ,set it at what i want and there you go,got gauges to look at so often,gate valves never fail what do u guys think

  15. #13
    Senior Member fleetimus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Colfax, Ca
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Talk to Duane. Tell him your concerns and he will give you an honest answer!!!!!

  16. #14
    Senior Member CK7684's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    550

    Default

    I cant say how the Hi-Tech part compares to any other valve. I went with his primarily because I knew it would work they way it is supposed to in the jetboat application. If you know the specs I dont see why any other bypass valve wouldnt work the same way...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95