Bilge pumps
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 26

Thread:
Bilge pumps

  1. #1
    Senior Member T-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lebanon,Or
    Posts
    118

    Default Bilge pumps

    Here I go with another question. What type of bilge pumps are people using. I need a new one and what to here from other jet boaters. And are you running more than one? How many gph? Thanks
    Last edited by T-Train; 08-09-2009 at 01:07 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kingman/Golden Vly, Az
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    there was a brand new 1 in the Parts for Sale forum, very reasonable!...i run just 1 bp & it works fine...no need for overkill!

    FastRat

  4. #3
    Cas
    Cas is offline
    Angry American Cas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    I've got 2 800 GPH bilge pumps in mine. One of them has a float so it comes on automatically and the other is operated by a switch. I like the security of knowing I can leave the boat in overnight without an issue.
    The only thing I'd suggest is to get a pump with either an internal float switch or one with an electronic sensor. The float I have got stuck in the on position last weekend which could lead to a dead battery and a sunk boat.

    As far as the overkill comment, I'm going to disagree with that. I'm guessing you haven't had a big wave come over your transom or bow that puts a ton of water in your boat. I kind of like having 2 even if one of them rarely gets used.
    Last edited by Cas; 08-09-2009 at 01:14 PM.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member tahitijet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    I've got 2 800 GPH bilge pumps in mine. One of them has a float so it comes on automatically and the other is operated by a switch. I like the security of knowing I can leave the boat in overnight without an issue.
    The only thing I'd suggest is to get a pump with either an internal float switch or one with an electronic sensor. The float I have got stuck in the on position last weekend which could lead to a dead battery and a sunk boat.

    As far as the overkill comment, I'm going to disagree with that. I'm guessing you haven't had a big wave come over your transom or bow that puts a ton of water in your boat. I kind of like having 2 even if one of them rarely gets used.
    agreed.. no such thing as overkill on bilge pumps. especially if you boat where alot of wake barges do. I take on a good amount of water just launching and floating at out local lakes. Personally i run 2 1000gph 1 on each side of the intake. but with my setback the water can't transfer side to side until it gets really deep and i hate having standing water in my boat.

  7. #5
    Half a bubble off jrork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    I run one Rule 1000 on a float switch that's always hot and another Rule 1100 that is on a switch on the dash.

    Been happy so far (knock on wood). Good luck and see you at Mardon????

  8. #6
    Senior Member gregb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Redondo
    Posts
    375

    Default

    I've got 2 Rule 1000's. Empties the bilge pretty damn quick.

  9. #7
    Senior Member CoolCruzinCobra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Dimas
    Posts
    782

    Default

    When I had the jet boat I ran two pumps .
    One with built in float always on ,the other one the switch.
    And for an over kill. I ran the extra which was on the switch on a different
    circuit . Just in case there was a short .
    07 razor

  10. #8
    Senior Member T-Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Lebanon,Or
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrork View Post
    I run one Rule 1000 on a float switch that's always hot and another Rule 1100 that is on a switch on the dash.

    Been happy so far (knock on wood). Good luck and see you at Mardon????
    I'm hoping to be there. I have been getting the boat ready. Just have to find a place to stay. We may come for the day and then find a hotel down the road. Can't wait.

  11. #9
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    I have 2 Attwood 500 for the outside sponsons and
    a Attwood Sahara 750 automatic for the center
    #55

  12. #10
    Half a bubble off jrork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T-Train View Post
    I'm hoping to be there. I have been getting the boat ready. Just have to find a place to stay. We may come for the day and then find a hotel down the road. Can't wait.
    Moses Lake is not that far away. Fast straight country roads. I wouldnt lose sleep over it if you can't stay at Mardon (besides, you probably would lose sleep if you did! Iff'n you know what I mean.. )

    See you there...........john

  13. #11
    Senior Member Rivernut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Here is a pic of my Rule 4000 GPH automatic pump. On the other side is a Rule 1000 GPH. I fish Lake Champlain which can toss 8 foot waves at you when the wind picks up. The 5000 total saved my boat last year when I swamped it near Plattsburgh, VT on the way in during a bass tournament.

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bilge Pump.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	216.7 KB 
ID:	50290  
    Last edited by Rivernut; 08-09-2009 at 05:18 PM.

  14. #12
    Screamin SeaMonkees Schi-502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vacaville, California
    Posts
    1,663

    Default X2

    Quote Originally Posted by Cas View Post
    I've got 2 800 GPH bilge pumps in mine. One of them has a float so it comes on automatically and the other is operated by a switch. I like the security of knowing I can leave the boat in overnight without an issue.
    The only thing I'd suggest is to get a pump with either an internal float switch or one with an electronic sensor. The float I have got stuck in the on position last weekend which could lead to a dead battery and a sunk boat.

    As far as the overkill comment, I'm going to disagree with that. I'm guessing you haven't had a big wave come over your transom or bow that puts a ton of water in your boat. I kind of like having 2 even if one of them rarely gets used.
    Both of mine are "switched", and one is on the float. I have check valves at the discharge of each pump to keep the flow from returning when not switched.

    AND I can no longer post pictures to this site so I can't show you. I can post the same pictures to other sites! Go figure. I contacted Mike, no help.
    Loose, the Dogs of War!

  15. #13
    Cas
    Cas is offline
    Angry American Cas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schi-502 View Post
    Both of mine are "switched", and one is on the float. I have check valves at the discharge of each pump to keep the flow from returning when not switched.

    AND I can no longer post pictures to this site so I can't show you. I can post the same pictures to other sites! Go figure. I contacted Mike, no help.
    can't you just upload them to photobucket and put them here? it's real easy.

  16. #14
    Screamin SeaMonkees Schi-502's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Vacaville, California
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    I'll give it a try.

    Thanks.

    Missed you last weekend. I was there in spirit.
    Loose, the Dogs of War!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95