Near miss at lost lake !!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 33

Thread:
Near miss at lost lake !!!!!

  1. #1
    FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH NO REGRET$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MENIFEE . CA
    Posts
    1,828

    Default Near miss at lost lake !!!!!







    NOT SURE WHO THE GUY IS ...?????..i wasn't there ...

    but cutting across two boats making a pass ..... gets my vote for one DUMB S O B ... boat on far right looked to have shut down pretty hard to avoid him and his wake.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."

    -John Wayne

    ..JUST HAVING FUN..
    . . . .SIPPY CUP RACING. . . .
    MySpace URL:
    http://www.myspace.com/dp734taj

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Member blown572's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    39

    Default

    I believe that was river racer

  4. #3
    Done.... So.Bay*310*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    So.Cal
    Posts
    990

    Default

    Is that ''Shuin it''?? Sure looks like it.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member 4trax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shawano, Wi.
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Was this at a marked off location? If so, how come there were people standing in the water so close and other boats sitting so close?
    I went in and got recircumsized again........I lost 10lbs. & was able to save the lives of 3 children in the burn center.........but it's not my fault they turned out to be dickheads.

    [email protected]

  7. #5
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Lame as it would be, the crossing boat has the right of way (DNR's) law here.
    Upper Midwest Power Boat Association
    DRAG BOAT RACING UMPBA #926


  8. #6
    Senior Member 4trax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shawano, Wi.
    Posts
    720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleekcrafter View Post
    Lame as it would be, the crossing boat has the right of way (DNR's) law here.
    Even at a sanctioned event or marked off event like this?
    I went in and got recircumsized again........I lost 10lbs. & was able to save the lives of 3 children in the burn center.........but it's not my fault they turned out to be dickheads.

    [email protected]

  9. #7
    Amber Racing Services BUSBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4trax View Post
    Was this at a marked off location? If so, how come there were people standing in the water so close and other boats sitting so close?
    The video is very deceiving ... where people were standing was a safe distance.

    This is Lost Lake, it was @ the CP Regatta & the Saturday night drags. Not a sanctioned event, just people making passes.

    It was River Racer & his son Turtle crossing the river. Dennis didn't check to see if it was clear. He already heard about it on the river from everyone and spoke to the driver.

    We all know it was a mistake, it could have been ugly, but luckily it wasn't.

  10. #8
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,072

    Default

    Glad that turned out fine. Wow.

    I hope there will be good race video to come.

    S CP

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  11. #9
    ....like warm apple pie RaceFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Mission Viejo
    Posts
    1,681

    Default

    So being an idiot isn't just an "internet" thing for him......
    Race

  12. #10
    TEN THIRTY ONE RCB19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,293

    Default

    Not good Dennis...
    RCB

  13. #11
    Large Member edog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Riverside, Ca
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Like Busby said it really wasn't as bad as it looked.

  14. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anza, CA - Lost Lake, CA
    Posts
    540

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RCB19 View Post
    Not good Dennis...
    Oh well, Ross(and others who've posted here to express their ill feelings, or pass judgement), I don't sit on the right hand of God. I didn't see him, or hear him. When I arrived, I got out, walked over and apologized to the agrieved party. That's more than any of you 'men' are probably capable of.

    Any one of you that hasn't made a mistake in life can start throwing stones, as I guess you have that seat right next to God.

    IF you're not seated next to God, maybe you should think about the fact that it wasn't as close as it looks on tape. It WAS a mistake, but not unlike the mistakes ALL OF YOU have made in life.

    I notice that no one has said anything about the races that my boat got "SPANKED" in. That's cause there were none. It was raced, but didn't get spanked. If a couple boats that weren't there HAD been there, they wouldn't have "SPANKED" me either.

    That's all I have to say here.

    Have a nice evening.

    RR

  15. #13
    FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH NO REGRET$'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MENIFEE . CA
    Posts
    1,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRacer View Post
    Oh well, Ross(and others who've posted here to express their ill feelings, or pass judgement), I don't sit on the right hand of God. I didn't see him, or hear him. When I arrived, I got out, walked over and apologized to the agrieved party. That's more than any of you 'men' are probably capable of.

    Any one of you that hasn't made a mistake in life can start throwing stones, as I guess you have that seat right next to God.

    IF you're not seated next to God, maybe you should think about the fact that it wasn't as close as it looks on tape. It WAS a mistake, but not unlike the mistakes ALL OF YOU have made in life.

    I notice that no one has said anything about the races that my boat got "SPANKED" in. That's cause there were none. It was raced, but didn't get spanked. If a couple boats that weren't there HAD been there, they wouldn't have "SPANKED" me either.

    That's all I have to say here.

    Have a nice evening.

    RR
    welcome back RR ...i dident know it was you ... and never would have thought it would be you ...after what happened to you with the wake boat a few trips back ..

    for once we ...you and i agree ..mistakes happen ... glad no one was hurt ... way to man up .

    BIG D
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."

    -John Wayne

    ..JUST HAVING FUN..
    . . . .SIPPY CUP RACING. . . .
    MySpace URL:
    http://www.myspace.com/dp734taj

  16. #14
    sometimes Mr. LLGirl ;) LLGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim Hills, CA / Lake Havasu, AZ
    Posts
    435

    Default

    It wasn't close to a near miss at all. Seems like a thread made to start controversy about RR again. It was a mistake. Just like, IMO, it was a mistake for the guys making a lap to stay on the throttle that long with him idling across. There's no way they didn't see him way before they got near him. Again, just my opinion of what we saw go down.

    mrll

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95