Irvine Lake Jet Boat Regatta
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 86

Thread:
Irvine Lake Jet Boat Regatta

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    112

    Default Irvine Lake Jet Boat Regatta

    This event has been cancelled due to low participation. In order for me to reserve the Lake for three days, I would need a much bigger response. I have now booked another event there for Saturday and Sunday.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Futs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orange CA, Big River
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    so this thing is done? What if we get the boat count?

  4. #3
    "Member" suckfish81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    148

    Unhappy

    Dave if this is true???? Those of us who have paid and have reciepts. Are we going to be refunded?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    B1 Racing cs19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,523

    Default

    Out of curiosity, what event is going on that weekend instead of the jet deal?
    B1Racing.net

  7. #5
    Senior Member tiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    costa mesa ca
    Posts
    446

    Default

    THAT SUCKS !
    #949 REHAB racing

  8. #6
    Upstanding Member Sharp Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Parking lot
    Posts
    12,648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cs19 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what event is going on that weekend instead of the jet deal?

    V-Drive Regatta!!











































    Just kidding! I'm pretty sure it's not boat related.

  9. #7
    92 KURTIS RUNNER BOTTOM
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    909
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sharp Shooter View Post
    V-Drive Regatta!!











































    Just kidding! I'm pretty sure it's not boat related.
    Now that there was funny
    A ARMED SOCIETY MAKES FOR A MORE CIVIL SOCIETY

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    112

    Default

    suckfish, Tiki sending refunds out today. CS 19 irvine lake 5 k mud race on sunday 25 should be good event

  11. #9
    Amber Racing Services BUSBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D Noyes View Post
    This event has been cancelled due to low participation. In order for me to reserve the Lake for three days, I would need a much bigger response. I have now booked another event there for Saturday and Sunday.
    In the future, could a deadline or minimum boat count by "xyz" date be known?

    I would have assisted in making this happen. I'm sure a lot of others would have as well if they knew of even the slightest chance that it was going to be cancelled.

    Look how big we got the Tom Papp deal to be ... and it wasn't going to be as big as this was IMO.

    Call me in the future Dave and I will get the jetters together like Tony & Billy do with the v-drivers.

    Brian
    949-870-5773 cell

  12. #10
    Senior Member Woods 017's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Dave, Thank you for the opportunity to have a jet boat regatta. I think it is unfortunate that we could not get enough boats together in time to have this event but I am confident that if the economy was better you would have a full show and then some.
    Another way to do this would be to have a combined V-drive and jet boat regatta. That way Irvine Lake could host the best of both types of boats and put on show that would appeal to a wider demographic of boat lovers. On top of the infamous K-boat challenge Irvine Lake could also host a 1,000 ft drag race for a v-drive Vs. jet boat show down. Not only would this make for great spectating, but it would also make for a great incentive for future events because neither boat type would be happy if the other won thus causing the rivalry, and event to continue. If this is an idea that you would be interested in pursuing please let us know and we discuss it further.

    Regards,
    Jordan Woods

  13. #11
    B1 Racing cs19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins82 View Post
    Dave, Thank you for the opportunity to have a jet boat regatta. I think it is unfortunate that we could not get enough boats together in time to have this event but I am confident that if the economy was better you would have a full show and then some.
    Another way to do this would be to have a combined V-drive and jet boat regatta. That way Irvine Lake could host the best of both types of boats and put on show that would appeal to a wider demographic of boat lovers. On top of the infamous K-boat challenge Irvine Lake could also host a 1,000 ft drag race for a v-drive Vs. jet boat show down. Not only would this make for great spectating, but it would also make for a great incentive for future events because neither boat type would be happy if the other won thus causing the rivalry, and event to continue. If this is an idea that you would be interested in pursuing please let us know and we discuss it further.

    Regards,
    Jordan Woods

    Dang woods.
    B1Racing.net

  14. #12
    Senior Member Woods 017's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cs19 View Post
    Dang woods.
    I think we could pull a serious crowd if we did a combined jet/v-drive show. Summer is coming to an end and people are looking for fun affordable weekends close to home. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Woods 017; 08-24-2009 at 10:56 PM.

  15. #13
    Senior Member cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    damn Woods just went all College and sh%t on us.

    nice work Congressman.

  16. #14
    B1 Racing cs19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    damn woods just went all college and sh%t on us.

    Nice work congressman.
    lol.
    B1Racing.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95