So I've replaced all the bad ends on my wiring harness going to my distrobution box in the back of the motor, replaced my ignition switch and my coil. The Distributor cap and rotor look okay. The problem with this problem is every time I fix something it works for 2 hours so I think I'm good then "kaput" and I have to flag somebody down for the tow of shame. So this time I brought my multi meter to sniff this bugger out. Both my ground from my distro box and my ground to my battery were melting and had molten metal dripping on my battery. (and my battery needed to be fully charged 5 times in 3 days) When I checked the distro box for major resistance I found it coming through the starter wires. Then wouldn't you know it my starter motor was doin funny things like turning the motor really slow and then "kaput" no more starter.
So my question is this....
Do you guys think my starter was the problem or the problem killed my starter?
I'm going to replace my ground wires and all the wiring going to the motor along with my starter for good measure.
So what do you guys think?
Thanks again for the help!