Schuster Jet Boat
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread:
Schuster Jet Boat

  1. #1
    Idaho Jet Craig4937's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    188

    Default Schuster Jet Boat

    Is anyone out there doing a buildup on a Schuster/Tahiti Jet Boat. I am looking for some info on the hull. I am running a Olds 455 in it.

    Craig

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    lets see some pics
    #55

  4. #3
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Welcome to the site and Congratulations on your Build up ! Tom

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    "Try it Now!" Tahiti Boss21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yucaipa, California
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Paging OLD RIGGER, OLD RIGGER to the forum, new member waiting.

    Craig, OLD RIGGER on the boards has in depth knowledge of Dick Schuster and Tahiti boats , especially in the era of yours. Only a matter of time till he speaks up on here.

    What year is yours? I'm guessing early 70's?
    1992 Eliminator Daytona 21'

  7. #5
    Idaho Jet Craig4937's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    188

    Default Schuster/Tahiti Jet Boat

    Yes, its a early 70's boat. When I went to pick it up, It was a real mess. It needed a COMPLETE RESTO. Right now I am in the middle of the project. I have replaced the transom, there was a BAD fiberglass repair. There was pieces parts broken everywhere.I stripped the boat down to the bare hull. Did some fiberglass repair and painted the boat Gloss Black!
    It looks good now! I have the engine in it right now (olds 455) and am in the process of getting it in the water before the end of our season to check our the jet. and make sure it pushes water out! I will post pics tomorrow as I am going to get her tuned tonight maybe get the valves adjusted. I love this boat and will probubly have her until I die (which may be any day now!) just kidding....Is there any secrets to downloading pics to this site??


    Craig

  8. #6
    Idaho Jet Craig4937's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    188

    Default Schuster/Tahiti Jet Boat

    Just to let you guys know I am up here in Star, Idaho. Not a hotbed of the Jet boat scene! In this forum I have learned more in a week than I have learned in a year online and from the shops around here! They want to sell you a river jet boat up here! I am glad I found this forum. I am really thankful for all your help!

    Craig

  9. #7
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig4937 View Post
    Just to let you guys know I am up here in Star, Idaho. Not a hotbed of the Jet boat scene! In this forum I have learned more in a week than I have learned in a year online and from the shops around here! They want to sell you a river jet boat up here! I am glad I found this forum. I am really thankful for all your help!

    Craig
    You're just 5 hour north of us!!!

    We'll have to meet up at Bear lake next year or @ Mar-Don with the PNW peeps next Labor Day.

  10. #8
    Idaho Jet Craig4937's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    You're just 5 hour north of us!!!

    We'll have to meet up at Bear lake next year or @ Mar-Don with the PNW peeps next Labor Day.

    That would be fun!!!!!
    Craig

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kingman/Golden Vly, Az
    Posts
    1,278

    Default

    go to the Boat Spam Forum & look for the ad/post for a '73 Tahiti for sale by Hotrod56cars...ck out all the photos...it is actually a '73 Schuster ...he was gonna crush it & i saved it...it needs some work, but, nothing real major...its pretty damn sound ...it will make a nice project boat for my son & i over the winter...matter of fact, it might make it in the water before the end of the year! ...anyways...go check it out

    FastRat

  12. #10
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    here you go
    #55

  13. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA.
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    That was my 4th Schuster and the 1st Schuster of the 4 that didn't have the 2 halves of the hull splitting apart at the rear of the boat. It was the only 1 of the 4 that had a TAH HIN on it.

  14. #12
    Idaho Jet Craig4937's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FastRat View Post
    go to the Boat Spam Forum & look for the ad/post for a '73 Tahiti for sale by Hotrod56cars...ck out all the photos...it is actually a '73 Schuster ...he was gonna crush it & i saved it...it needs some work, but, nothing real major...its pretty damn sound ...it will make a nice project boat for my son & i over the winter...matter of fact, it might make it in the water before the end of the year! ...anyways...go check it out

    FastRat
    Thats it! Mine was a little bit rougher though. I took some pics but they didn't turn out very well. I will take some when I go to the lake this weekend hopefully!!!

  15. #13
    Senior Member Swain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    399

    Default

    That boat was on craigslist in Orange County forever

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95