Intake question
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 26

Thread:
Intake question

  1. #1
    Senior Member LuckyDaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tacoma Wa
    Posts
    1,409

    Default Intake question

    So, it looks like I am going to have my intake set back and have the bottom of the boat blue printed this winter. (barring financial issues of course)

    My intake that is in there now is pretty chewed up, the fins had been beat pretty good before I got the boat.

    Question is, how much of a benefit will I see from an aftermarket intake? Or, should I just clean mine up and have it cut for a shoe? Or should I find a good condition berk intake and just cut that one for a shoe? Since I am flipping the boat and what not I am going to see if I can chase down the century mark next summer. Maybe if I can get this Miller to run hard I may do some bracket racing the following season. So yeah, thoughts, idea's? Thanks!

    Im gonna call my group Broken Budget Racing.. Sheesh she takes a thousand and she's not even wet! Hopefully I'll come out swinging hard next year though.

    ~Brian

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    just put a wtb: ad in the spam section for a stock round keel berk intake with good fins on it, i doubt a aftermarket intake will do it much good, v-hulls get plenty of lift using the shoe and rideplate.

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  4. #3
    Senior Member GAWnCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Post some photos of what you've got.
    Wags

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Driver 78CoLeBBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Golden Shores,AZ
    Posts
    3,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDaze View Post
    So, it looks like I am going to have my intake set back and have the bottom of the boat blue printed this winter. (barring financial issues of course)

    My intake that is in there now is pretty chewed up, the fins had been beat pretty good before I got the boat.

    Question is, how much of a benefit will I see from an aftermarket intake? Or, should I just clean mine up and have it cut for a shoe? Or should I find a good condition berk intake and just cut that one for a shoe? Since I am flipping the boat and what not I am going to see if I can chase down the century mark next summer. Maybe if I can get this Miller to run hard I may do some bracket racing the following season. So yeah, thoughts, idea's? Thanks!

    Im gonna call my group Broken Budget Racing.. Sheesh she takes a thousand and she's not even wet! Hopefully I'll come out swinging hard next year though.

    ~Brian
    you can trim those fins down considerably and benefit from less drag. also just send your intake out to mpd to have the cutting done, he will give you a bunch of how too when it's time to reset. he will have you darn close with set up, or you can pm sobay310. mpd and me have been doing some tuning on that miller looking for the most with only 600-650hp and mpd did all the install on that one including the pump thanks to 76miller previouse owner. if you have any question you can pm if you like i will give you what little knowledge i got
    Its a FORD thing chevy's arent quick enough to understand

  7. #5
    Boat 502 76Miller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Posts
    1,298

    Default You can't be serious !

    Quote Originally Posted by 78CoLeBBF View Post
    you can trim those fins down considerably and benefit from less drag. also just send your intake out to mpd to have the cutting done, he will give you a bunch of how too when it's time to reset. he will have you darn close with set up, or you can pm sobay310. mpd and me have been doing some tuning on that miller looking for the most with only 600-650hp and mpd did all the install on that one including the pump thanks to 76miller previouse owner. if you have any question you can pm if you like i will give you what little knowledge i got
    You and sobay310 have been doing some tuning huh ?? Thats classic. Lets see, the motor was moved to the best spot already, the bottom was done, the pump was set back already, the pump was built to the hilt w/ every last trick. The loader in it was custom made for that boat w/ added blocker, nozzle insert, b/c shoe, diverter stop........so does a 30 tho shim to the shoe constitute tuning ?? That boat ran 86mph w/ 525hp then 102mph w/ 820hp. What is it running after all "your tuning" ?????

  8. #6
    I don't feel tardy Hallett Dave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Originally Posted by 78CoLeBBF
    you can trim those fins down considerably and benefit from less drag. also just send your intake out to mpd to have the cutting done, he will give you a bunch of how too when it's time to reset. he will have you darn close with set up, or you can pm sobay310. mpd and me have been doing some tuning on that miller looking for the most with only 600-650hp and mpd did all the install on that one including the pump thanks to 76miller previouse owner. if you have any question you can pm if you like i will give you what little knowledge i got
    Quote Originally Posted by 76Miller View Post
    You and sobay310 have been doing some tuning huh ?? Thats classic. Lets see, the motor was moved to the best spot already, the bottom was done, the pump was set back already, the pump was built to the hilt w/ every last trick. The loader in it was custom made for that boat w/ added blocker, nozzle insert, b/c shoe, diverter stop........so does a 30 tho shim to the shoe constitute tuning ?? That boat ran 86mph w/ 525hp then 102mph w/ 820hp. What is it running after all "your tuning" ?????
    BNAG

    LMAO

    That hit just cleared the center field bleachers!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Futs View Post
    Im non induced and My turd leaves pretty hard as she sits.

  9. #7
    TRG
    TRG is offline
    Senior Member TRG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    Inquiring minds are awaiting the..."Comeback Reply"!
    Brian is a pretty intelligent guy, Im sure that he will do fine asking his own questions to the right people!
    after all, Im sure he is going to come out the gates with Nandi in his sights...its the American way!

  10. #8
    Senior Member LuckyDaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tacoma Wa
    Posts
    1,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toddnjuzz View Post
    Inquiring minds are awaiting the..."Comeback Reply"!
    Brian is a pretty intelligent guy, Im sure that he will do fine asking his own questions to the right people!
    after all, Im sure he is going to come out the gates with Nandi in his sights...its the American way!
    Thanks for the vote of confidence Todd. I figgured I might be able to get a couple of opinions aftermarket vs berk. I'm thinking these boards may be getting less for actual tech and more of one uppin each other. Think we could keep the agendas out of this thread?

    Maybe this topic has been flogged a few too many times?

  11. #9
    What the Hell is That? 72Hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Brian if you need anything let me know, i may not know as much as you do but i have a pair of hands!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Log off and go float, hang in the party coves, Show and shine on the trailer, fill up the boat, wax it, v-drive, jet, outdrive, and if you got a canoe and your reading this, you sir, need to phucking upgrade.

  12. #10
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    "Daze , got an intake here in the "beer truck" with your name on it ! if ya need one Tom

  13. #11
    Senior Member LuckyDaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tacoma Wa
    Posts
    1,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    "Daze , got an intake here in the "beer truck" with your name on it ! if ya need one Tom

    Hot dayum, you will be receiving a phone call for me!

  14. #12
    Driver 78CoLeBBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Golden Shores,AZ
    Posts
    3,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 76Miller View Post
    You and sobay310 have been doing some tuning huh ?? Thats classic. Lets see, the motor was moved to the best spot already, the bottom was done, the pump was set back already, the pump was built to the hilt w/ every last trick. The loader in it was custom made for that boat w/ added blocker, nozzle insert, b/c shoe, diverter stop........so does a 30 tho shim to the shoe constitute tuning ?? That boat ran 86mph w/ 525hp then 102mph w/ 820hp. What is it running after all "your tuning" ?????
    you ok wayne? tuning is improving or so I thought. so since the boat was purchase there has been other adjustments other than a .30 shoe, and even that my friend is tuning. you act as if i claimed i buit the boat wich was not said. I stated "thanks to 76miller previouse owner."
    Its a FORD thing chevy's arent quick enough to understand

  15. #13
    B1 Racing cs19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,523

    Default

    Your intake fins can be repaired 90 % of the time, no big deal. Id machine them down a little anyways if you want to hit 100, that will be 2 birds with 1 stone.
    B1Racing.net

  16. #14
    B1 Racing cs19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,523

    Default



    Whats that black low profile intake up on the left? Grimes?

    One of the vintage race part collecters would be on that like flys on chit.
    B1Racing.net

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95