race history on this boat
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 15

Thread:
race history on this boat

  1. #1
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default race history on this boat

    anybody know the history on this boat? dollars "n" no cents is the name.1978 gt 19' semi v hull. i was told when i bought it that it did 113mph. it came with a 500hp shot of nitros but i have never used it. any body know if this hit the track in the past? i bought it in 2001 thanks turbo wog Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0058.jpg 
Views:	544 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	53676Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0056.jpg 
Views:	508 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	53677old pics, wish she was this nice now!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    ??tt

  4. #3
    Senior Member moneysucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Descanso, California, United States
    Posts
    2,225

    Default

    Post up in the Greg Shoemaker section. He would know if it ran out here. It would be during the time he was running I 'm Betting.
    Vinyl Graphics, Magnetic signs, Reg #s, Boat names, Banners, Boat decals, Etc. Please contact me Via facebook or e-mail [email protected].

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member brgrcru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montrose
    Posts
    2,676

    Default

    83mph, I would understand but 113? must of been a hell of a ride.

  7. #5
    www.highflowdynamics.com LakesOnly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,160

    Cool

    Don't know the history of that boat, but GT Boats jets are very nice hulls. Can't confirm this but it is my understanding that GT Boats jet boat(s) have seen 117+ mph.

    The one pictured above is obviously twin turbo'd and has the trim tabs for upper speeds, but I'd take a GPS to it as setting up a v-bottom jet boat to run successfully in the triple digits takes a real pro and a driver that's got sack.

    LO
    High Flow Dynamics
    Performance Components for the 429/460 Engine Family


    This post © Copyright 2007-2017 Paul Kane. No copying, linking, printing or otherwise without express written permission.

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Dollars n No Cents.

    I was the second owner of this boat. I bought it a year old in 1979 for $16,000.00, put
    another $15,000.00 into motor and pump, and sold it to a friend in 1984 when I went into business for myself.($ 8,700.00 )..He did in fact race the boat for a number of years, and then sold it to a Fireman from San Jose, CA. The motor was a 650 HP Gale Banks set up, with a NOS plate and a 150 shot of NOS. I blew the motor the first summer I had it, and after being gone trough twice by a"big name" motor builder in the Bay Area. Finally took it to REX Marine, when it was owned by Jack Rex in Azuza, So. Cal. I had Jack build a custom 200 shot polished line show system for the NOS. I changed the comp. from 9-1 to 8-1. It used to produce approx 750 hp w/o the nos, and approx. 900 hp with. I only ran the nos with a micro switch under carb at full throttle. My friend that I sold it to put shorty pipes on it, changed the interior frowhite to blue.He also put the nos on a button on the steering wheel and caused himself alot of problemns. Best I saw him run was 94 mph at 10.25 sec et. Used to run it out in the Delta ( HogBack ) where I met a couple of more guys with Gale Banks systems, a 850 HP Renegade that would run about 105 mph, and another GT hull with a 1100 HP Gale Banks and nos....unbelieveable fast ! I've owned 7 boats, and this was my all time favorite. Used to run
    Beacon 91 Oct. with 104 Oct. boost. $1.00 a gallon in 1979 ! The good old days. Hope this
    helps.

  9. #7
    Senior Member TrollerDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chino,CA
    Posts
    325

    Default

    Is that "transom adapter" molded into the hull, like a Sanger?

    Love the colors. Almost looks like a Bahner.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rocklin, Calif.
    Posts
    1,394

    Cool

    We have a GT in the family,just a lake boat..you know..put it together for my dauhter and her family, useing just Stuff I had left over
    the thing runs in the mid,or low 80s....no B.S.

  11. #9
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GT Karl View Post
    I was the second owner of this boat. I bought it a year old in 1979 for $16,000.00, put
    another $15,000.00 into motor and pump, and sold it to a friend in 1984 when I went into business for myself.($ 8,700.00 )..He did in fact race the boat for a number of years, and then sold it to a Fireman from San Jose, CA. The motor was a 650 HP Gale Banks set up, with a NOS plate and a 150 shot of NOS. I blew the motor the first summer I had it, and after being gone trough twice by a"big name" motor builder in the Bay Area. Finally took it to REX Marine, when it was owned by Jack Rex in Azuza, So. Cal. I had Jack build a custom 200 shot polished line show system for the NOS. I changed the comp. from 9-1 to 8-1. It used to produce approx 750 hp w/o the nos, and approx. 900 hp with. I only ran the nos with a micro switch under carb at full throttle. My friend that I sold it to put shorty pipes on it, changed the interior frowhite to blue.He also put the nos on a button on the steering wheel and caused himself alot of problemns. Best I saw him run was 94 mph at 10.25 sec et. Used to run it out in the Delta ( HogBack ) where I met a couple of more guys with Gale Banks systems, a 850 HP Renegade that would run about 105 mph, and another GT hull with a 1100 HP Gale Banks and nos....unbelieveable fast ! I've owned 7 boats, and this was my all time favorite. Used to run
    Beacon 91 Oct. with 104 Oct. boost. $1.00 a gallon in 1979 ! The good old days. Hope this
    helps.
    awesome info. i was thinking of going higher compression again. what was the reason you lowered it,turbos couldn't take it or octane for the fuel? i had figuere that the boat was about 750 hp when i bought it. just curious what you did to the pump when you bought it , it came with the wear ring custom done or you had to pay for the wear ring custom anti reversion deal ?....or was all the double drilling, diverter etc? just did 112mph in the boat on new years & its got more.....have you ever lost the motor at full speed & how did it act?...got any pics?...thanks again for any info!

  12. #10
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrollerDave View Post
    Is that "transom adapter" molded into the hull, like a Sanger?

    Love the colors. Almost looks like a Bahner.
    not a adapter just a pod that sticks out,part of the hull disign.

  13. #11
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default gt karl

    check out what i have been up to on the boat, in the jet boat section it is under (turbo wogs project)

  14. #12
    Senior Member stoker2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Folsom,Ca
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Me and Paul squared off at CFW multiple times four weeks ago and I can say it is solidly in the high nine second range in good air if not mid nines..
    Not. Sure on wieght,but if u look at vids,there is only one seat,,
    Now if we can only get the pistons,valves and headgaskets to go
    Rounds...
    Hope to see you back on water soon Paul
    Whacker Smacker M/E #561 IHBA "first looser"champ 2006&2007&Sportsman Driver of the Year

  15. #13
    senior member turbo wog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    1,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stoker2001 View Post
    Me and Paul squared off at CFW multiple times four weeks ago and I can say it is solidly in the high nine second range in good air if not mid nines..
    Not. Sure on wieght,but if u look at vids,there is only one seat,,
    Now if we can only get the pistons,valves and headgaskets to go
    Rounds...
    Hope to see you back on water soon Paul
    dont change anything i am getting a new cam to see if it helps pull harder. not confident it will run better, maybe worse?

  16. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Dollars N NO CentsI

    I remember that it had a AAA SS impeller .Motor, 460 Chevy, total Blue Print, turned 6200 rpm.
    Was told that it was too much rpm, 5800 would be better, didn't realize that that would of required a imp. change in size. I also had a pressure switch on the intake for the NOS set up.
    My friend had the 850 HP in a Renengade, it had 7-1 comp. At the time, I was told that if I reduced the comp. ratio, It would build more boost. Believe it had a 1/2 inch turbo relief hole, .believe his had a 5/8. It had a pressure switch on the intake that shut off NOS at 12 lbs. of intake pressure, to get over the Turbo lag. Got to remember that was almost 30 years ago !!I had a friend, that his wife ran a similar GT hull with built BB Chevy, lots of pump work by GTH, it would run 117 mph. I lived in Pittsburg when I bought the boat, it was the 2nd boat I sold to my friend, and then he sold it to a San Jose fireman.I believe that he told me the intake
    was loose when he sold it. I now live in Newcastle, what would be the chance of seeing "her"
    again. We used to go to the river and Shasta every summer, back when "hot" boats used to be common.
    Karl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95