Engine Pre Oiler????
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread:
Engine Pre Oiler????

  1. #1
    not ****** little squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waikiki, HI
    Posts
    718

    Default Engine Pre Oiler????

    are these worth while investments? who has one or is currently running one? any pics of how you mounted it?

    http://www.engineprelube.com/

    http://www.smartsynthetics.com/produ...mk01-amk02.htm

    http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?fo...ction=category




    thanks
    not banned

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Ken F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    557

    Default

    I'm a firm believer. However IMO this would be a lot better unit, and they are the original. Completly rebuildable.

    http://www.accusump.com/

    Ken

  4. #3
    Boats N Hoes Brad22CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Northern Cali
    Posts
    182

    Default

    If you have a lot of money invested in your engine then I would say it is a must. I would consider it cheap insurance. These are a couple systems that we have to offer, we also offer the Accusump system but it happens to not be listed on our website yet.

    Good Luck and Happy Boating
    Brad

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    not ****** little squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waikiki, HI
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad22CP View Post
    If you have a lot of money invested in your engine then I would say it is a must. I would consider it cheap insurance. These are a couple systems that we have to offer, we also offer the Accusump system but it happens to not be listed on our website yet.

    Good Luck and Happy Boating
    Brad

    thanks, got the shipment from you as well awesome. probably the next investment.
    not banned

  7. #5
    Senior Member HL9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ken F View Post
    I'm a firm believer. However IMO this would be a lot better unit, and they are the original. Completly rebuildable.

    http://www.accusump.com/

    Ken
    That is the one I run...Works Great...Here's where I mounted mine...


    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Accusump.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	4114  

  8. #6
    not ****** little squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waikiki, HI
    Posts
    718

    Default

    thanks for the pic, wasnt sure if you could mount it sideways. phuckin sweeeeet mota by the way!
    not banned

  9. #7

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by little squirt View Post
    are these worth while investments? who has one or is currently running one? any pics of how you mounted it?

    http://www.engineprelube.com/

    http://www.smartsynthetics.com/produ...mk01-amk02.htm

    http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?fo...ction=category




    thanks
    They may work ok but a good warm up works just great to.

  10. #8
    Senior Member Brendellajet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ladera Ranch
    Posts
    2,135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gone4weekend View Post
    They may work ok but a good warm up works just great to.
    You realize that after a motor sits for a few days virtually all the oil has drained back to the pan, right? A small amount of time without oil is murder on an engine. pressurizing the system with oil before startup is a very good idea.

  11. #9
    not ****** little squirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Waikiki, HI
    Posts
    718

    Default

    guess its time to start saving then.
    not banned

  12. #10
    Senior Member HL9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brendellajet View Post
    You realize that after a motor sits for a few days virtually all the oil has drained back to the pan, right? A small amount of time without oil is murder on an engine. pressurizing the system with oil before startup is a very good idea.
    Not to mention also, you get 2-3 extra quarts of oil with the pre-oiler. Mine is on a manual switch and it has a low pressure sensor. If my oil pressure drops below 15 Pounds, red light goes on the dash, and automatically kicks in the pre-oilers stored 75-80 psi and 3 quarts of oil... Its might only be 15-20 sec worth of pressure, but just might be enough time save something rotating...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95