Aggressor aluminum impeller HP
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 36

Thread:
Aggressor aluminum impeller HP

  1. #1
    Senior Member Amango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    189

    Default Aggressor aluminum impeller HP

    I would love to spend the money and buy a stainless. Not in the budget. I have been running 650 HP on an aluminum aftermarket aggressor impeller b-cut. Now i will be putting the N2O to here 225 shot. Is there anyone out there that has been running 850+ HP on an aluminum impeller. I now that when the boat unloads and loads again that's when the like to go Bang.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Just my .02, but an impeller is alot cheaper than sinking a boat. Not worth the risk IMO.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  4. #3
    TRG
    TRG is offline
    Senior Member TRG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    I am in no way a pro at this im sure someone will chime in here in a few, but I hear that an aluminum should only be used up to 600Hp, I have seen one flex and crack with less that 500hp, unloading out at Elsinore on a sunny summer morning! spend the money now or later, your gonna spend the money, Buy used! im sure someone has what you want used! what about Mag Bronz? there is a less spendy resolve!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Find it unlikley you would put that much power and a NOS shot to a set of Cast pistons Why would you short your self on the Powertrain by using an aluminum impeller rated for 5oo hp ? food for thought just askin'

  7. #5
    Senior Member Amango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    189

    Default

    More i think about it i will install a stainless thanks for knocking some sense into me about this one the time and money put into the engine. Not worth losing the boat or getting heart doing it. I'm locking for a good A/T B cut stainless impeller preferably an aggressor if anyone has a good used one i would be very interested. I did install the heavy duty drive shaft on the pump when i rebuilt it just ran out of money for the stainless. Thanks

  8. #6
    E-7 Sheepdog (ret) SmokinLowriderSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Newton Ks.
    Posts
    6,834

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amango View Post
    More i think about it i will install a stainless thanks for knocking some sense into me about this one the time and money put into the engine. Not worth losing the boat or getting heart doing it. I'm locking for a good A/T B cut stainless impeller preferably an aggressor if anyone has a good used one i would be very interested. I did install the heavy duty drive shaft on the pump when i rebuilt it just ran out of money for the stainless. Thanks
    Save half your Stainless money and buy an Aggressor mag Bronze, same nearly unlimited power rating, just don't feed it rocks.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    H.L. Mencken

    OBAMA: Some people deserve this.
    The rest of us are being dragged along kicking and screaming.

  9. #7
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SmokinLowriderSS View Post
    Save half your Stainless money and buy an Aggressor mag Bronze, same nearly unlimited power rating, just don't feed it rocks.
    IMO, i'd stay with the stainless. You can't repair a Mag/bronze impeller. Definitely buy one used. I've seen several in the spam section for 500 and less.
    Boat 405.

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    IMO, i'd stay with the stainless. You can't repair a Mag/bronze impeller. Definitely buy one used. I've seen several in the spam section for 500 and less.
    mag is repairable same as stainless...

  11. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    82

    Default

    What do you weld that Mag/Brz with?

    Circ

  12. #10
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    mag is repairable same as stainless...
    Really? If so I stand corrected, but I understood that they were not.
    Boat 405.

  13. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Circular View Post
    What do you weld that Mag/Brz with?

    Circ
    All weld shops sell a Rod for Mag Bronze.... Just tell them the Alloy.

  14. #12
    Senior Member Amango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Do the American turbine stainless impeller's have the wear ring on the back of the impeller. Hope that's not confusing but the Berk's are flush and A/T have the lip to seal in the bowl. I found an stainless Berk for sale but would really like to keep the lip that seals in the bowl like my current impeller has any thoughts. Thanks and Happy Thanks giving

  15. #13
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amango View Post
    Do the American turbine stainless impeller's have the wear ring on the back of the impeller. Hope that's not confusing but the Berk's are flush and A/T have the lip to seal in the bowl. I found an stainless Berk for sale but would really like to keep the lip that seals in the bowl like my current impeller has any thoughts. Thanks and Happy Thanks giving
    Not a big deal, alot of guys run stuffer plates and machine off that lip on the impeller. I'd be interested to see a comparison between a pump with a stuffer plate set up vs. one like you have mentioned.
    Boat 405.

  16. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    mag is repairable same as stainless...
    Happy Turkey Day Pops. What is the alloy number for your mag/brz so that a welder could research the proper technique for that alloy. Thanks.

    Circ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95