stuffer plate Or A/T lip
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread:
stuffer plate Or A/T lip

  1. #1
    Senior Member Amango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    189

    Default stuffer plate Or A/T lip

    What is better Stuffer plate or A/T with the lip on the back side of the impeller which fits into the bowl. Performance wise.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member DuaneHTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    We've always had better results with our stuffer if it is properly installed. But, they both work. The lip dealie is a lot cheaper way to go than to do the machine work and set up a stuffer correctly. The Lip deal is bolt in, a true stuffer takes some know how, machine work & tiime to do. That's my .02.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Amango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Thanks, Reason asking is i just took the pump apart on a boat i just bought and it has what looks to be an A/T bowl with a Stuffer plate installed and maybe race prepped on the guide vanes? or repaired maybe you guys can let me know what you think. If you had the choice of the bowl in the pic's or a new a/t bowl stock nothing done to it which would you choose?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0372.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	61238   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCI0373.JPG 
Views:	118 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	61239  

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amango View Post
    Thanks, Reason asking is i just took the pump apart on a boat i just bought and it has what looks to be an A/T bowl with a Stuffer plate installed and maybe race prepped on the guide vanes? or repaired maybe you guys can let me know what you think. If you had the choice of the bowl in the pic's or a new a/t bowl stock nothing done to it which would you choose?
    looks like a nice bowl ya have in hand, why spend $$$? does your impellor have the stuffer ring on teh back or something?

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  7. #5
    Senior Member Amango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    looks like a nice bowl ya have in hand, why spend $$$? does your impeller have the stuffer ring on teh back or something?
    Ya, i re-built my pump with a new A/T bowl with a B-cut aggressor aluminum impeller with the lip on it and a bronze shouldered wear ring, the impeller i will need to upgrade to an Stainless because of HP. The bushings are in real good shape but it's missing the verk fitting housing to lube the bushings. it does not have the plugs on top of the bowl which lead me to believe it is a A/T bowl. The bushing area is not threaded to except the threaded housing do the make a press in one?

  8. #6
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    water lubed bowl.

    if your new impellor has the stuffer ring on it and you wanna run a bowl without the stuffer ring shoulder in it(like the bowl you posted pics of), all ya have to do is cut off the stuffer lip on the impellor, i've done is a few times.

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  9. #7
    Senior Member Amango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMPATIENT 1 View Post
    water lubed bowl.

    if your new impellor has the stuffer ring on it and you wanna run a bowl without the stuffer ring shoulder in it(like the bowl you posted pics of), all ya have to do is cut off the stuffer lip on the impellor, i've done is a few times.
    How does the water lubed bowl compare to a greased bowl longevity wise.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95