540 race pan
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 53

Thread:
540 race pan

  1. #1
    Senior Member swtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    beaumont ca
    Posts
    1,528

    Default 540 race pan

    What oil pan and pump are you guys running on your 540? Want the most horsepower pan available! recomendations. motor will be injected!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    dry sump.
    Boat 405.

  4. #3
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,732

    Default

    ok since your probably talking wet sump. A good pan with a kickout and proper windage tray/screen. I'd suggest a stef's or dan olson pan, with a vacuum pump.
    Boat 405.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Pattymelt18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,623

    Default

    If its a wet sump deal i would go with a williams performance oil pan out of elsinore far superior product than others out there and the guy is very easy to deal with.And oil pump i would go to Clay Smith engineering and get one of his blue printed pumps with a welded on pick-up.

    Dry sump same reccomendation would be the same for the pan and as far as the pump goes,well that all depends on the pocket book.

  7. #5
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker View Post
    dry sump.



  8. #6
    Senior Member Fonz69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Frozen Tundra, WI
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Stef's makes a nice pan too

    http://www.stefs.com/stefsindex.htm

  9. #7
    031 RIVER4FUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Blythe, California, United States
    Posts
    655

    Default

    I just switched from a Dooley to a B&B and a Clay Smith blueprinted oil pump.
    I may be growing older, but I refuse to grow up!

  10. #8
    Amber Racing Services BUSBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    4,337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pattymelt18 View Post
    If its a wet sump deal i would go with a williams performance oil pan out of elsinore far superior product than others out there and the guy is very easy to deal with.And oil pump i would go to Clay Smith engineering and get one of his blue printed pumps with a welded on pick-up.

    Dry sump same reccomendation would be the same for the pan and as far as the pump goes,well that all depends on the pocket book.
    x2

  11. #9
    B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike 396_Ways_To_Spit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mesa,Az "Da Eastsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide"
    Posts
    2,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RIVER4FUN View Post
    I just switched from a Dooley to a B&B and a Clay Smith blueprinted oil pump.

    Do you like that setup?
    G H E T T O F O E L I F E
    Quote Originally Posted by cave View Post
    They bout shit themselves when yelled in Messican, "No brakes no brakes."
    I showed them all the sticker on the side that reads "Driver Ricky Bobby" They just looked at me and nodded yes yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Some peeps just build it 1 part, 1 week, 1 paycheck at a time

  12. #10
    B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike 396_Ways_To_Spit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mesa,Az "Da Eastsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide"
    Posts
    2,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pattymelt18 View Post
    If its a wet sump deal i would go with a williams performance oil pan out of elsinore far superior product than others out there and the guy is very easy to deal with.And oil pump i would go to Clay Smith engineering and get one of his blue printed pumps with a welded on pick-up.

    Dry sump same reccomendation would be the same for the pan and as far as the pump goes,well that all depends on the pocket book.

    How are the williams pans? Ive heard of them but never seen one. Do you know about the current pricing? example: 10qt jet pan bbc mark 4
    G H E T T O F O E L I F E
    Quote Originally Posted by cave View Post
    They bout shit themselves when yelled in Messican, "No brakes no brakes."
    I showed them all the sticker on the side that reads "Driver Ricky Bobby" They just looked at me and nodded yes yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Some peeps just build it 1 part, 1 week, 1 paycheck at a time

  13. #11
    B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike 396_Ways_To_Spit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mesa,Az "Da Eastsiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide"
    Posts
    2,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fonz69 View Post
    Stef's makes a nice pan too

    http://www.stefs.com/stefsindex.htm


    Ill second that! Very nice pans! Custom!
    G H E T T O F O E L I F E
    Quote Originally Posted by cave View Post
    They bout shit themselves when yelled in Messican, "No brakes no brakes."
    I showed them all the sticker on the side that reads "Driver Ricky Bobby" They just looked at me and nodded yes yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Some peeps just build it 1 part, 1 week, 1 paycheck at a time

  14. #12
    Senior Member Pattymelt18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,623

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by 396_Ways_To_Spit View Post
    How are the williams pans? Ive heard of them but never seen one. Do you know about the current pricing? example: 10qt jet pan bbc mark 4
    Dont know current pricing. His Pans in my opinion are the nicest, his pans are all burred, the rails are thick so they dont bend when youre removing the pan, and they fit. Call, his name is micky cool guy. (951)245-7144

  15. #13
    Senior Member swtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    beaumont ca
    Posts
    1,528

    Default pans

    thanks guys for inputs calling williams and steffs on monday.. future topic will be looking for best flowing priced 345 aluminum heads for 540 build???????

  16. #14
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Carefull on the Southwind TD the center pos is really narrow, I have less than an inch to spare on the kick out side. Have been running an Olsen 12 qt pan, turning up to 6200rpm, for 14 years with no issues.
    Upper Midwest Power Boat Association
    DRAG BOAT RACING UMPBA #926


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95