adjustable stops for hydraulic place diverter
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 21

Thread:
adjustable stops for hydraulic place diverter

  1. #1
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default adjustable stops for hydraulic place diverter

    Lets see how you guys are doing it?
    I have seen a setup that actually clamped on to the side of the little hydraulic cylinder and had a short allthread with a hiem joint and a couple nuts on it but cant seem to find any pics or anyone interested in making one.
    Obviously this would be for a race boat application. Thanks , Hass
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Nobody run one? Or is it some big secret?
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  4. #3
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    here's a pic of one from that mach 1 tunnel

    #55

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    one more
    #55

  7. #5
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Thats the pic I was looking for Outlaw, thanks.
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  8. #6
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    dats a nice setup! simple and functional, i'm diggin it

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  9. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15

    Default

    i aint seen that mach 1 for a while, where did it end up ?

  10. #8
    Senior Member cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hass828 View Post
    Lets see how you guys are doing it?
    I have seen a setup that actually clamped on to the side of the little hydraulic cylinder and had a short allthread with a hiem joint and a couple nuts on it but cant seem to find any pics or anyone interested in making one.
    Obviously this would be for a race boat application. Thanks , Hass
    it doesn't have to be that complicated. you can stack washers on the shaft of the hydraulic cylinder for an adjustable down-stop.

    the up stop can be as simple as some aluminum stock with a bolt and jamb nut that bolts to the side of the place diverter arm so that the bolt contacts the steering arm in the up position. I dont have pics of mine but I bought the up stop from MPD.

  11. #9
    About 500' AGL MudPumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    2,470

    Default

    Here is my setup from MPD. It's just an upstop...Nice and simple. Sorry for the shitty cell phone pics.


  12. #10
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    What worries me about the solid stops pictured is that when it goes against the stop that little cylinder is damn stout and is trying to tear the small mount bolt, at top of the cylinder ,out of the aluminum and theres not much "meat" there. At least theres not on mine.
    Here's a pic of what I've been running. Seems the one on the Mach 1 would take the extreme pressure off of the top mount.
    Last edited by Hass828; 03-31-2010 at 06:14 AM.
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  13. #11
    Senior Member cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hass828 View Post
    What worries me about the solid stops pictured is that when it goes against the stop that little cylinder is damn stout and is trying to tear the small mount bolt, at top of the cylinder ,out of the aluminum and theres not much "meat" there. At least theres not on mine.
    Here's a pic of what I've been running. Seems the one on the Mach 1 would take the extreme pressure off of the top mount.
    what was the point of this thread?
    you've already got an up/down stop that you feel is better than the others suggested.

  14. #12
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    what was the point of this thread?
    you've already got an up/down stop that you feel is better than the others suggested.
    No, I was thinking about changing it to be like the one on the Mach1 as I've always been a little worried bout it pulling that top bolt out of the aluminum.
    That little cylinder is pretty stout and seems like after couple hundred times of pulling up&down at full force it might become an issue. If you look close at my pic, that top bolt holding the cylinder doesnt have much meat above or below it.
    Was just wondering if anyone has had any issues there.
    Last edited by Hass828; 03-31-2010 at 10:01 AM.
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  15. #13
    Senior Member Josh@JBP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hass828 View Post
    No, I was thinking about changing it to be like the one on the Mach1 as I've always been a little worried bout it pulling that top bolt out of the aluminum.
    That little cylinder is pretty stout and seems like after couple hundred times of pulling up&down at full force it might become an issue. If you look close at my pic, that top bolt holding the cylinder doesnt have much meat above or below it.
    Was just wondering if anyone has had any issues there.
    I think its a trade off, with that style it's applying all that pressure to the base of that cylinder, it also looks like the pressure would put the cylinder in a bind.

  16. #14
    Senior Member Futs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orange CA, Big River
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Why did you cut your nozzel like that?


+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95