I am almost ready
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread:
I am almost ready

  1. #1
    Boss of the McIntyre Mob danhercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norco
    Posts
    1,981

    Default I am almost ready

    Today I changed the oil, Fired her up. Ripped out the int and put in two new amps. Got to button up the int tomorrow and she will be ready to get wet.

    After I fired her up, I saw two rubber deals behind the boat. My flappers ripped off. LOL

    How bout you guys? Are all ya all ready? I need some sun, water, and a few beers. This will be the last summer I wont be runnin after a little Herc!!!!


    Very first TPR 21' Deck. 528 BBF 736hp on pump gas built by High Flow Dynamics

    McIntyre Mob. Where the rejects play!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member PonyFiveO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southbay to the Central Valley
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Took mine out mid March to Modesto to see if it is ready for the season. Discovered that it would flood at idle after a few short seconds of idling perfectly. Looking down the carb you can see gas just dripping. Seems the electric fuel pump is pushing gas past the needle and seats on both the primarys and secondaries. I tried adjusted the floats a littlebit and wound up dislodging something in the primary side as it would no longer fill and the plugs became so fuel soaked it would no longer start. Out of the three boats we brought that day, only 1 ran.

    *Side note - A Sanger Super jet that was with our party gained over 5 mph with just an adjustment of it's factory rideplate!

    Was going to head back out to Modesto today and try a new carb but it didnt seem the ideal weather for boating. The forecast for next weekend seems a bit more promising. At least it will give me a chance this week to pull the bowls off the old carb to see if it just needs a cleaning before throwing on the brand new carb.

  4. #3
    Senior Member 74glencoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Alamogordo NM
    Posts
    582

    Default

    I love that boat in your sig line Herc, it looks like a party looking for a place to happen.

    I believe I am ready on my boat as of last week, minus a wash, wax, cleaning the interior and a new battery. Headed to the muddy waters of Caballo next weekend!
    Boating is nothing like cocaine, boating is much more addictive and results in bigger parties!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Boss of the McIntyre Mob danhercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norco
    Posts
    1,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PonyFiveO View Post
    Discovered that it would flood at idle after a few short seconds of idling perfectly. Looking down the carb you can see gas just dripping. Seems the electric fuel pump is pushing gas past the needle and seats on both the primarys and secondaries. I tried adjusted the floats a littlebit and wound up dislodging something in the primary side as it would no longer fill and the plugs became so fuel soaked it would no longer start. Out of the three boats we brought that day, only 1 ran.
    You may just need to replace the needle and seat. Heck, did ya try tapping on the bowl if they are just sticking?


    Very first TPR 21' Deck. 528 BBF 736hp on pump gas built by High Flow Dynamics

    McIntyre Mob. Where the rejects play!

  7. #5
    Pink Taco Reagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Santa Clarita, California, United States
    Posts
    215

    Default

    almost, i need 2 or 3 more weekends

  8. #6
    Senior Member PonyFiveO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southbay to the Central Valley
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danhercules View Post
    You may just need to replace the needle and seat. Heck, did ya try tapping on the bowl if they are just sticking?
    I tried tapping on it but probably not hard enough. When this happened on my first jet boat, I wacked the bowl pretty hard with a cresent wrench out of frustration and that got them unstuck. I will pick up a new set at my local speed shop and clean whatever I can before putting everything back together. Hopefully this will be all I need for at least a few years of reliable boating.

  9. #7
    It's a sickness Eliminator#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    QC, Mcintyre
    Posts
    1,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danhercules View Post
    Today I changed the oil, Fired her up. Ripped out the int and put in two new amps. Got to button up the int tomorrow and she will be ready to get wet.

    After I fired her up, I saw two rubber deals behind the boat. My flappers ripped off. LOL

    How bout you guys? Are all ya all ready? I need some sun, water, and a few beers. This will be the last summer I wont be runnin after a little Herc!!!!
    uhhh, dan are u sayin you wont be @ the park?
    LIFE'S GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!
    QE 072


  10. #8
    Boss of the McIntyre Mob danhercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Norco
    Posts
    1,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliminator#1 View Post
    uhhh, dan are u sayin you wont be @ the park?
    I will be there, chasing the new "DON". This is my last summer kidless.


    Very first TPR 21' Deck. 528 BBF 736hp on pump gas built by High Flow Dynamics

    McIntyre Mob. Where the rejects play!

  11. #9
    What the Hell is That? 72Hondo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Posts
    1,633

    Default

    Oil and gas, set timing and thats it. (not holidng my breath lol) first trip planned in two weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Log off and go float, hang in the party coves, Show and shine on the trailer, fill up the boat, wax it, v-drive, jet, outdrive, and if you got a canoe and your reading this, you sir, need to phucking upgrade.

  12. #10
    tintingsandiego krusn56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Changed oil and all filters. Fired up, just need to wash/wax her....
    Made In The Shade

    Custom Window Tinting

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95