Hey all....I've been documenting my build over at LS1tech but thought a lot of you guys may get a kick out of it as well....so I will share my story, and progress with you as well.
I am no stranger to LSx swaps, as I've done a couple, including the turbocharged 5.3L/4L80E setup in my '69 Chevy C-10.
Anyway, here is the boat when I first bought it.
Couple years ago, I decided to pull the big block to freshen it up....and it turned into a full rebuild/cam swap/$$$ snowball. While I had it out, I decided to do some mocking up of my spare 6.0L LQ9.
Out with the old....
In with the new! 6.0L LQ9
-The truck pan is ~3" too deep, and the sump is on the wrong side. Need to research what pan will fit better.
-There is a TON of room with this LS in there, vs. the big block.
-Motor mounts should be a piece of cake!!!
-The old BBC Indmar bellhousing will work pretty much perfectly (minus the starter of course)
-The drive coupler should be pretty easy to adapt. Either by re-machining the holes, or by machining an adaptor.