Jet boating makes me smile
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 18

Thread:
Jet boating makes me smile

  1. #1
    Junior Member WOWCHAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee'ish
    Posts
    23

    Default Jet boating makes me smile

    And seeing how many viewers this forum has compared to all the others (all except PB open water) sure says something about how alive and well our sport is!
    Here in the Midwest Jet Boats seem to be a dieing breed so I for one am glad sites like this one and Banderlog are up and going strong for jet boaters nation wide.

    I recently bought back my 1997 Challenger jet, (460 BBF) the original boat I purchased when I got my splash into boating.
    Since then (and kids ) I have been in two BBC Baja boats but something about these old jets has always pulled at my heart strings.

    I don't know where my stripped jet boat will take me with the limited time I have these days but if...errr hopefully WHEN I start piecing her back together you'll hear (and see) more of me. Chad

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Rain Maker MN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Where are you located?

  4. #3
    Junior Member WOWCHAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee'ish
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I'm in the Milwaukee area.
    We used to go out to the Mississippi for the Jet Boat gathering near Prairie every year...until the year I showed up with my first Baja and they banned us
    J/K those guys are all a great bunch of fellows and as far as I know they still get out every year around July 11th. If you're close to McGregor, IA or Prairie Du Chien it's a good one to hit, lots of impressive hardware have been know to show up out there. Chad
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MYchallenger.JPG 
Views:	214 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	74031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riverRoost.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	74033   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roostertail.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	74034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010334.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	263.4 KB 
ID:	74035  
    The CUSTOM Cable Guy
    Milwaukee'ish, WI

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member UNASHAMED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    Boobies make me smile
    "Don't make me get my penguin"

  7. #5
    Junior Member WOWCHAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee'ish
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Those make me smile tooo!!!

    And penguins...penguins make me smile
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Boobs.jpg 
Views:	238 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	74037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bumps.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	153.9 KB 
ID:	74038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	penguin.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	74039  
    The CUSTOM Cable Guy
    Milwaukee'ish, WI

  8. #6
    Cas
    Cas is offline
    Angry American Cas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WOWCHAD View Post
    And seeing how many viewers this forum has compared to all the others (all except PB open water) sure says something about how alive and well our sport is!
    Here in the Midwest Jet Boats seem to be a dieing breed so I for one am glad sites like this one and Banderlog are up and going strong for jet boaters nation wide.

    I recently bought back my 1997 Challenger jet, (460 BBF) the original boat I purchased when I got my splash into boating.
    Since then (and kids ) I have been in two BBC Baja boats but something about these old jets has always pulled at my heart strings.

    I don't know where my stripped jet boat will take me with the limited time I have these days but if...errr hopefully WHEN I start piecing her back together you'll hear (and see) more of me. Chad
    well hello stranger! how've you been Chad? long time no talk to but I still refer people to Tewco.com for cables and such. It's good to see you're back in the game!

  9. #7
    tintingsandiego krusn56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WOWCHAD View Post
    Those make me smile tooo!!!

    And penguins...penguins make me smile
    And being regular...
    Made In The Shade

    Custom Window Tinting

  10. #8
    Senior Member UNASHAMED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    1,073

    Default

    If I could own one I would but I don't think it would last long in az heat lol
    Quote Originally Posted by WOWCHAD View Post
    Those make me smile tooo!!!

    And penguins...penguins make me smile
    "Don't make me get my penguin"

  11. #9
    Senior Member jet460's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WOWCHAD View Post
    I'm in the Milwaukee area.
    We used to go out to the Mississippi for the Jet Boat gathering near Prairie every year...until the year I showed up with my first Baja and they banned us
    J/K those guys are all a great bunch of fellows and as far as I know they still get out every year around July 11th. If you're close to McGregor, IA or Prairie Du Chien it's a good one to hit, lots of impressive hardware have been know to show up out there. Chad
    That boat kinda' looks like the batmobile....

  12. #10
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WOWCHAD View Post
    And seeing how many viewers this forum has compared to all the others (all except PB open water) sure says something about how alive and well our sport is!
    Here in the Midwest Jet Boats seem to be a dieing breed so I for one am glad sites like this one and Banderlog are up and going strong for jet boaters nation wide.

    I recently bought back my 1997 Challenger jet, (460 BBF) the original boat I purchased when I got my splash into boating.
    Since then (and kids ) I have been in two BBC Baja boats but something about these old jets has always pulled at my heart strings.

    I don't know where my stripped jet boat will take me with the limited time I have these days but if...errr hopefully WHEN I start piecing her back together you'll hear (and see) more of me. Chad

    Jet boats make allot of us smile:

    http://www.performanceboats.com//sho...wer+tour+video


    S CP

    Jon

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  13. #11
    Cas
    Cas is offline
    Angry American Cas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UNASHAMED View Post
    If I could own one I would but I don't think it would last long in az heat lol
    you just need to get an African penguin

  14. #12
    Half a bubble off jrork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Welccome to the site!

  15. #13
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Hey Chad, great to see you get back into the swing of it again!
    Upper Midwest Power Boat Association
    DRAG BOAT RACING UMPBA #926


  16. #14
    Junior Member WOWCHAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Milwaukee'ish
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Hey CAS, hey SLEEK
    I haven't heard from either if you guys in a long time...like pre HOTBOAT days...I HAVE been out of touch for a while!!!

    CAS are you still doing the Laid Back Roost? How about you SLEEK, still going to the Mississippi, how about the trips over to MI???
    I will never forget our trip down to the Table Rock Roost and neither will my kids.
    The Laid Back Boaters shirts are still my favorite boating shirts and I have a ton of boating shirts! Your design is kid friendly and just plain C-O-O-L!

    I'm actually in the process of selling my Baja Islander and buying the new Nordic Evo 22' so I'll be heading west to Lake Havasu soon if all goes well.
    The CUSTOM Cable Guy
    Milwaukee'ish, WI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95