Need Plumbing help!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 149

Thread:
Need Plumbing help!!!!!!

  1. #1
    jetboataholic HawaiianJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    2,798

    Exclamation Need Plumbing help!!!!!!

    I was recently informed that my plumbing setup on my boat was incorrect. I need some pictures or diagrams of the correct setup and route of plumbing for the water cooling lines. Thank you.

    Here are a couple pictures of my current setup. Thanks again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00670.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	5592   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00675.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	5593  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Just have one out coming off therm. housing,into the bassett t valve and then the split goes to each header. I don't see your dump/ overboard line. oops just read the pic. part.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  4. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    716

    Default

    needs a dump valve, and ditch the gates by the thermostat

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default pic


    the one out of the thermostate housing is going out the back of the boat(dump line) the one off the thermostat goes to the bassett t and then to the injection for the headers. there is a valve on the dump line so you can close it to send more water/ or water earlier to the headers.
    Last edited by H20MOFO; 04-03-2008 at 03:14 PM.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  7. #5
    jetboataholic HawaiianJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    2,798

    Question

    How's the dump valve work? And what is it? Where does it go? I don't have one. Can I build one from plumbing parts? Thank you.

    Nice pic. Thanks.
    Last edited by HawaiianJet; 04-03-2008 at 03:16 PM.

  8. #6
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    Dump valve is a bung fitting going through the hull for water to pass through a ball valve will work for control of water flow and temp.of motor!

  9. #7
    I'm No Expert Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Clemente, Ca
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    How do you keep water from going into your headers when at IDLE?

    Pumping is simple, you have most of it right, you need a basset valve or somthing controlling water into your headers, you should have one more line comming out of your manifold that will dump out the back.

    Have you not ran it with your current pumping yet?

  10. #8
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    Take the valve you have at the thermostat housing and use it for the dump line inline! I PM you to help you out with this info.

    Coby

    WT

  11. #9
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    Bassett T-Valve is a ball check valve that is spring loaded!

  12. #10
    jetboataholic HawaiianJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    How do you keep water from going into your headers when at IDLE?

    Pumping is simple, you have most of it right, you need a basset valve or somthing controlling water into your headers, you should have one more line comming out of your manifold that will dump out the back.

    Have you not ran it with your current pumping yet?

    No, it hasn't even seen daylight for a year and a half. It hasn't even been rolled out of the shop! The motor hasn't run for more than 30 seconds at a time, had some issues! The above pics were taken in October of 07. It is just now going back together after being completely disassembled shortly after those pics were taken! That's all worked out now and it's finally going back together now.

    Ok now that that's out of the way. I have a Basset T-valve, just didn't know where to put it. And can I run a line from the other thermostat fitting that runs out the back of the boat? The very few dump lines I have seen were near the pump, before the water goes into the motor. But the line from the thermo would be preferable to me if it would work. Thank you.
    Last edited by HawaiianJet; 04-03-2008 at 05:44 PM.

  13. #11
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    It doesn't matter if your dump line or the header line comes off the thermostat housing or out of the front of the intake. You just need 2 , 1 for the dump line,and the other to the bassett t valve and split from there to the headers. The valve on the dump line is to adjust at what rpm your headers become "wet". I think 2200 rpm's is what you should make the headers get water. There is a zillion ways to do it but thats the general idea.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  14. #12
    I'm No Expert Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Clemente, Ca
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    Ok, from the beggining..

    1. You should have one line comming out of your pump, this line needs to turn into two lines so use a T.

    2. Next take those 2 lines and they need to run to the front of the motor where the water pump normally bolts. This is where you have the black lines connected now that are right next to the timing cover.

    3. Now you need lines out. Your thermostat housing has two outs, right now you have it setup so that each out goes to each header from the looks of it. You need to take one of those outs and connect it to the basset valve, then from the basset valve you need to run a line to each header. The basset valve has 3 connections and looks like a capital T you want the line from the motor to connect to the bottom of the T, and then have the headers connect to each side.

    4. Now take the other port you have on your thermostat housing and run that all the way to the transom to a dump port.

    I'm not sure if you have a thermostat or not but if you do you need to get ride of it if i'm not mistaken. Reason being is that if the t-stat is closed no water will get to your headers or leave the motor. Also i'm not sure if your motor pulling cold water will be able to get the water warm enough to open. I'm no expert in that department i just know i dont run one and there's a special T-stat housing to use that has a bypass if you do.

    Sorry if i'm writing this out like i'm explaining this to a child, i'm just trying to be clear.

  15. #13
    jetboataholic HawaiianJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    2,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H20MOFO View Post
    It doesn't matter if your dump line or the header line comes off the thermostat housing or out of the front of the intake. You just need 2 , 1 for the dump line,and the other to the bassett t valve and split from there to the headers. The valve on the dump line is to adjust at what rpm your headers become "wet". I think 2200 rpm's is what you should make the headers get water. There is a zillion ways to do it but thats the general idea.

    Thank you very much! Do I just play around with it and adjust it, first time on the water, until water comes out of the headers at the desired RPM? Would you suggest adding a pressure gauge to the system somewhere? Thanks again for your help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Ok, from the beggining..

    1. You should have one line comming out of your pump, this line needs to turn into two lines so use a T.

    2. Next take those 2 lines and they need to run to the front of the motor where the water pump normally bolts. This is where you have the black lines connected now that are right next to the timing cover.

    3. Now you need lines out. Your thermostat housing has two outs, right now you have it setup so that each out goes to each header from the looks of it. You need to take one of those outs and connect it to the basset valve, then from the basset valve you need to run a line to each header. The basset valve has 3 connections and looks like a capital T you want the line from the motor to connect to the bottom of the T, and then have the headers connect to each side.

    4. Now take the other port you have on your thermostat housing and run that all the way to the transom to a dump port.

    I'm not sure if you have a thermostat or not but if you do you need to get ride of it if i'm not mistaken. Reason being is that if the t-stat is closed no water will get to your headers or leave the motor. Also i'm not sure if your motor pulling cold water will be able to get the water warm enough to open. I'm no expert in that department i just know i dont run one and there's a special T-stat housing to use that has a bypass if you do.

    Sorry if i'm writing this out like i'm explaining this to a child, i'm just trying to be clear.

    The step by step thing is fine. It was probably a pretty stupid question to begin with, but I think that pretty much clears it all up now. And I am not running a thermostat. Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by HawaiianJet; 10-17-2008 at 08:07 PM.

  16. #14
    I'm No Expert Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Clemente, Ca
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    are you going to be running a water temp guage? If so install the center in the manifold right below the t-stat housing, looks like you have a plug in it now, hard to tell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95