This is my first time wiring a boat. please tell me if i have any errors.
I already have the wire size figured out and there was only 9 wires in the boat previously. (should be easy, i know)
- The hot lead goes from the alt (1wire) to one post of the ammeter and the other post, to the battery.
- should the ammeter post be the one i use to jumper the hots to the other gauges?
- The distributor has a pertronix in it with red and black wires coming out. these go to the coil.
- I still have to figure out how to wire up the msd box.
- for the bilge pump, its an auto and has the 3 wires. do i connect the 2 positives together to wire it to a 2 pole push pull switch? Also the IGN. switch is a 3 pole, so how would i wire the bilge to be on even if the key is off?