I am looking at picking up an 18' 1978 Kurtis Jet Boat. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I look and search and Google, I cannot find any information on them. Hopefully, some of you fellow Hot Boaters can shed some light on my following questions...
What I do know...
- Do they have a FAST hull?
- What is the ride quality like?
- Are they heavy?
- Is it a good platform to modify?
- What modifications do they like?
- What is the overal quality of this hull?
- Is it worth getting one?
- Should I stay far away from them?
- Do you have any pictures you can post?
Any information would be greatly appreciated as I will be looking to pick it up shortly (or not depending on your info).
- Hull and gell looks very good and fairly clean in the pics.
- Full stringers
- Rebuilt 468 Mild-Stock, 2 yrs old
- Engine and area looks Very Very Clean
- Rebuilt Berkely with electric Jetovator, 2 yrs old
- Interior is very good condition with no rips or cracks
- Carpet looks good
- Lots of metal flake
- Trailor looks good, little paint flakage on the fenders
- Overall package looks "very good" so far