130 mph 16 ft texas tunnel ???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 29

Thread:
130 mph 16 ft texas tunnel ???

  1. #1
    Senior Member badbug3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,016

    Default 130 mph 16 ft texas tunnel ???

    Has anyone ever seen a 16 ft texas tunnel jet run successful 130 mph quarter mile et's??

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member DuaneHTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    There was one in the St Louis area doing it some time ago until it crashed.
    Duane HTP

  4. #3
    Senior Member Hass828's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    okie, lake Texoma
    Posts
    6,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DuaneHTP View Post
    There was one in the St Louis area doing it some time ago until it crashed.
    Duane HTP
    thats not very successful
    "if we keep doing it the same way we always do..we will always get the same results"
    H8-2-W8
    [email protected] first pass

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member Here Comes Whitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Budweiser rd hit squad
    Posts
    1,361

    Default

    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Hass828 View Post
    thats not very successful

  7. #5
    JGB
    JGB is offline
    Senior Member JGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    YUMA
    Posts
    422

    Default

    My ol man has run his a best of 121mph on GPS and a bunch of 119's 118's but the best he ever did at a track was I belive 116mph, at Firebird. But not sure if you can call it succesfull, he has been pitched a few times.

  8. #6
    Senior Member DuaneHTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    1,379

    Default

    thats not very successful
    Exactly. Point well taken.

    Duane HTP

  9. #7
    Resident Ford Nut Sleeper CP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego County
    Posts
    10,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JGB View Post
    My ol man has run his a best of 121mph on GPS and a bunch of 119's 118's but the best he ever did at a track was I belive 116mph, at Firebird. But not sure if you can call it succesfull, he has been pitched a few times.

    Old man = Paw

    S CP

    "Dark Sarcasm"
    Going fast is only half the fun ... what you make go
    fast is the other half.
    " A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have"

  10. #8
    "Need For Speed" Gearhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Years ago the late Bob Rodgers ran a Blown Alky Texas Tunnel in the SDBA until it spit him out at Monroe. He later put it all in a Placecraft that ran well until he crashed at Logansport running on a closed course.

    I hear Rick Cortino has a Blown Alky Texas Tunnel running out of the Chicago area. He is a NHRA Alky Funny Car racer that also has driven Tom Morrow's BAJ. He is a sharp tuner and driver, but to tell the truth, I am quite concerned for him with this current venture, especially if his hardware is as deep as has been reported to me.

    I have to agree with what Duane said. A lightweight Texas Tunnel with a well braced keel can be about as quick as anything, but it does everything quick. Good things and bad things. At my stage in life, they are not the right boat for me.

    Be careful Rick ole buddy.

    Gearhead
    Last edited by Gearhead; 08-22-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: sp

  11. #9
    Senior Member hotbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    lake Ouachita AR
    Posts
    4,677

    Default

    all TT are very dangerous and i wouldn't have stuck up my ass
    WFLC


    2011 Performer SS
    built by Scott Seastrom.

  12. #10
    i'm back!! 1QuickCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    687

    Default

    Parker, 1985-6 ?? cant remember speed tho,or driver..pretty sure its a texas tunnel, but i may be wrong on that


  13. #11
    Back into Boats Beal Motorsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    178

    Default

    We ran ours in the 9's when I got spit. We sold it to a guy in Michigan that put a BAE/PSI top alcohol engine in it and ran 130+ in the 1/8th for a little while. We heard some pretty bad rumors about something that happened but nothing certain. If anybody knows of the 16' Earl Smith Texas Tunnel (ex Bob Lazzers (sp?) boat) named Fool Proof and number #095, we're curious how its doing. We ran it from around 94 until 2000 or so.
    Last edited by Beal Motorsports; 08-22-2010 at 01:59 PM.

  14. #12
    Senior Member badbug3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Years ago the late Bob Rodgers ran a Blown Alky Texas Tunnel in the SDBA until it spit him out at Monroe. He later put it all in a Placecraft that ran well until he crashed at Logansport running on a closed course.

    I hear Rick Cortino has a Blown Alky Texas Tunnel running out of the Chicago area. He is a NHRA Alky Funny Car racer that also has driven Tom Morrow's BAJ. He is a sharp tuner and driver, but to tell the truth, I am quite concerned for him with this current venture, especially if his hardware is as deep as has been reported to me.

    I have to agree with what Duane said. A lightweight Texas Tunnel with a well braced keel can be about as quick as anything, but it does everything quick. Good things and bad things. At my stage in life, they are not the right boat for me.

    Be careful Rick ole buddy.

    Gearhead
    Just what is the reason that the texas tunnels are so dangerous? Is it just because they're short ? What exactly is going on with them that makes them want to pitch the drivers so much? ARe they still so dangerous when u have a ratchet also? Curious?

  15. #13
    Back into Boats Beal Motorsports's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Ours had a ratchet when I got pitched, but no pop-off. Ours was super light and really like to dip one side when letting off the throttle. I lost a rod cap at 119mph through the lights....Not so sure I wouldn't have got wet with any tunnel. It was the only engine we bought and didn't build ourselves.

  16. #14
    Senior Member badbug3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beal Motorsports View Post
    Ours had a ratchet when I got pitched, but no pop-off. Ours was super light and really like to dip one side when letting off the throttle. I lost a rod cap at 119mph through the lights....Not so sure I wouldn't have got wet with any tunnel. It was the only engine we bought and didn't build ourselves.
    Isnt there any modification that can be done to eliminate the problem with the texas tunnel?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95