how to sell my 455 olds motor
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 19

Thread:
how to sell my 455 olds motor

  1. #1
    Senior Member sleekcraft137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Star, ID
    Posts
    511

    Default how to sell my 455 olds motor

    I have a few deals in the works to maybe get a 454 bbc at some pretty good costs. How should I go about selling the ever so not desired 455 olds that is currently in my boat? Its in great shape with good compression, Im just not sure what ave. to pursue in selling this motor.
    any ideas?
    And the new project begins!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member lowgear351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    newcastle ca
    Posts
    212

    Default

    Do you need to sell it ? A used 455 might not go for much unless you find some one need of one. I would run the Sh!t out of it until your 454 build is complete. Then put it on craigslist or e bay and list it for pick up only .

  4. #3
    Senior Member harley222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    896

    Default

    take some good pics and list it in spam on here.....good pics are the key..

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    "Try it Now!" Tahiti Boss21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Yucaipa, California
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Too bad you're not closer. I'd buy that "ever so not desired" motor as a backup, even though my original 455 is 33 years old and still ticking.
    1992 Eliminator Daytona 21'

  7. #5
    AKA OhOneWS6 Last Mohican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tahiti Boss21 View Post
    Too bad you're not closer. I'd buy that "ever so not desired" motor as a backup, even though my original 455 is 33 years old and still ticking.
    X2

    Put it on Craigslist. Someone will buy it.

  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    with your ol lady
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Box it up, i'll take it.
    No more Mr. Nice Guy !

  9. #7
    Idaho Jet Craig4937's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    188

    Default olds 455

    pm sent

  10. #8
    Senior Member sleekcraft137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Star, ID
    Posts
    511

    Default

    my main reason for wanting to sell this motor is the fact that the flatbottom i had handed down to me by my dad has a built 454 and came with quite a few spare parts. I'd like both of my boats to have interchangeable motor parts. So whatever I do with this motor i need to be able to get a running BBC out of it.
    And the new project begins!

  11. #9
    AKA OhOneWS6 Last Mohican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleekcraft137 View Post
    my main reason for wanting to sell this motor is the fact that the flatbottom i had handed down to me by my dad has a built 454 and came with quite a few spare parts. I'd like both of my boats to have interchangeable motor parts. So whatever I do with this motor i need to be able to get a running BBC out of it.
    That seems a little ambitious. Not sure anyone will be willing to up enough $$$ or trade to convert a BBO into a BBC.

  12. #10
    Senior Member sleekcraft137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Star, ID
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Mohican View Post
    That seems a little ambitious. Not sure anyone will be willing to up enough $$$ or trade to convert a BBO into a BBC.
    right, thats why I was asking some questions on here. Im not looking for anything crazy, just a good running bbc.
    And the new project begins!

  13. #11
    Idaho Jet Craig4937's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    188

    Default Olds 455

    Quote Originally Posted by sleekcraft137 View Post
    I have a few deals in the works to maybe get a 454 bbc at some pretty good costs. How should I go about selling the ever so not desired 455 olds that is currently in my boat? Its in great shape with good compression, Im just not sure what ave. to pursue in selling this motor.
    any ideas?
    Danny there is a BBC on craigslist in the Boise area for $500.......

  14. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    351

    Default Olds

    Ive sold a few on craigslist they bring in about $1000 to $1200 if in good shape i did find out theres alot of need in the mid west alot of calls from there.I was told the make great hot rod motors alot of calls from those guys 390hp stock not bad
    Last edited by FASTJTBT; 08-31-2010 at 10:08 AM.

  15. #13
    Senior Member sleekcraft137's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Star, ID
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FASTJTBT View Post
    Ive sold a few on craigslist they bring in about $1000 to $1200 if in good shape i did find out theres alot of need in the mid west alot of calls from there.I was told the make great hot rod motors alot of calls from those guys 390hp stock not bad
    what on earth does it cost to ship a motor like that??
    And the new project begins!

  16. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    11

    Default Need one

    [QUOTE=sleekcraft137;1209848]I have a few deals in the works to maybe get a 454 bbc at some pretty good costs. How should I go about selling the ever so not desired 455 olds that is currently in my boat? Its in great shape with good compression, Im just not sure what ave. to pursue in selling this motor.
    anIy ideas?[ TE] would you be interested in selling it still?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95