Quick fuel line size question
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 31

Thread:
Quick fuel line size question

  1. #1
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default Quick fuel line size question

    Is a -8 ok for 700 hp? In my case its about 500 motor and 175 nos. Gonna try to run that all off my clay smith fuel pump. I was thinking coming off the pump with a -10...into a y block...and -8 from there. Any opinions?? Suggestions?
    Last edited by H20MOFO; 08-30-2010 at 04:43 PM.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    "BOATLESS" blender over's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wildomar/Big River/OcotilloWells
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H20MOFO View Post
    Is a -8 ok for 700 hp? In my case its about 500 motor and 175 nos. Gonna try to run that all off my clay smith fuel pump. I was thinking coming off the pump with a -10...into a y block...and -8 from there. Any opinions?? Suggestions?
    i would run a seperate pump for the juice.
    also invest in a safety fuel psi switch that wont alow you to spray unless you fuel psi is correct.

  4. #3
    Senior Member TNYoungblood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    5,115

    Default

    I'm runnin 8 to my 2 750s without any problems but I also have a fuel log ... I would think you would be just fine

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    415 M3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    So Ca
    Posts
    240

    Default

    What type of fuel tank?

  7. #5
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
    What type of fuel tank?
    I have 2 tanks....both are-10 outlets(now).....I run one tank at a time. That way I usually make it back to the ramp.
    Is this nos bottle too close to the engine here??...sorry I didn't want 2 start 2 threads.lol
    Last edited by H20MOFO; 08-30-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  8. #6
    "BOATLESS" blender over's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wildomar/Big River/OcotilloWells
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H20MOFO View Post
    I have 2 tanks....both are-10 outlets(now).....I run one tank at a time. That way I usually make it back to the ramp.
    Is this nos bottle too close to the engine here??...sorry I didn't want 2 start 2 threads.lol
    in a daytona my buddie mounted his tank to the left of the drivers seat in the sponson, mounted to the stringer, out of the way of everything, plus you can reach in while driving to turn it on and off when needed

  9. #7
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blender over View Post
    in a daytona my buddie mounted his tank to the left of the drivers seat in the sponson, mounted to the stringer, out of the way of everything, plus you can reach in while driving to turn it on and off when needed
    You are probably right...as far as where to put it. I would still like to know if its too close there. On the on and off thing...keep in mind it's a 175 shot minimum. I am gonna have to grab the timing light and back the timing of to run the nos.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  10. #8
    "BOATLESS" blender over's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wildomar/Big River/OcotilloWells
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H20MOFO View Post
    You are probably right...as far as where to put it. I would still like to know if its too close there. On the on and off thing...keep in mind it's a 175 shot minimum. I am gonna have to grab the timing light and back the timing of to run the nos.
    buy the msd digital 6 ignition box it will take care of all you timing issues.
    PM me and i will let you know what im doing and what ive been told by people WAY smarter then me
    digital 6 is bad ass for nitrous

  11. #9
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blender over View Post
    buy the msd digital 6 ignition box it will take care of all you timing issues.
    PM me and i will let you know what im doing and what ive been told by people WAY smarter then me
    digital 6 is bad ass for nitrous
    One thing at a time...I can't afford a new ignition right now...or probably any time real soon. I thought about putting it left of the drivers seat....that wouldn't be anywhere near a stringer though.
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    868

    Default

    IF you can't afford the right stuff for nos to set it up, you will not be able to afford the damage. from not having the right stuff. if your going to run nos spend the money to do it right and even then it still cost $$$$$$$

  13. #11
    415 M3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    So Ca
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Do the tanks have siphon tubes? You have to look at the system as a whole. If you are dealing with a pair of pinner siphon tubes that are intended to supply a stock engine, it dont matter what size fuel line/pump you have.

  14. #12
    Senior Member H20MOFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gunslinger View Post
    Do the tanks have siphon tubes? You have to look at the system as a whole. If you are dealing with a pair of pinner siphon tubes that are intended to supply a stock engine, it dont matter what size fuel line/pump you have.
    The tanks originally had tubes about the size of a pencil. I fixed that a couple of years ago. I may edit in a pic. The tubes are 1/2" alum tube...wit a -10 top. As far as not being able to afford to blow chit up...thats a given.lol If I'm going to blow chit up I'd rather do it in the fall. I have had my kit since may. It would be a good excuse to put some higher compression pistons in there.lol
    Another Hot Boat refugee

  15. #13
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=72571

    you need this,
    I had my bottle on the left bottom of the drivers seat, mounted to the seat
    remember the bottle needs to sit at an angle so the pickup tube is in liquid.
    #55

  16. #14
    "BOATLESS" blender over's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wildomar/Big River/OcotilloWells
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bob fry View Post
    IF you can't afford the right stuff for nos to set it up, you will not be able to afford the damage. from not having the right stuff. if your going to run nos spend the money to do it right and even then it still cost $$$$$$$
    Yep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95