cost of painting an 18ft bahner jet
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 45

Thread:
cost of painting an 18ft bahner jet

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    111

    Default cost of painting an 18ft bahner jet

    just curious on what it would cost to paint an 18ft bahner jet. we want it painted solid white. thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,840

    Default

    TEN thousand dollars and we work down once people see what you want to paint white!

  4. #3
    Senior Member lbhsbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    1,617

    Default

    $100 for consumables
    $150 for a gallon of single stage w/ reducer and catalyst
    $75 for a decent used HVLP gun (or harbor freight)

    A couple weekends. Mine came out not too bad for my first time painting anything without a spray can.





    Another side note: White makes the boat easier to see underwater.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    High Performance Marine ARS Marine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Morris,Illinois
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    TEN thousand dollars and we work down once people see what you want to paint white!
    X2

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    111

    Default

    where can i get a paint gun from

  8. #6
    TRG
    TRG is offline
    Senior Member TRG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    A paint and Body supply near you, or you can look online, I dont suggest anything from Harbor Freight, if you decide to go that route, completely tear the gun down and clean out every hole because there is typically debris from drilling and the oils ect...
    Just a thought!

  9. #7
    old HB member. 4604me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    oxnard ca.
    Posts
    71

    Default

    painted mine with a harbor fraight gun came out great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5478.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	284.7 KB 
ID:	88118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5481.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	292.3 KB 
ID:	88119  
    just a half turn before it breaks.

  10. #8
    two strokes is enough
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Yuma, Az
    Posts
    2,042

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRG View Post
    A paint and Body supply near you, or you can look online, I dont suggest anything from Harbor Freight, if you decide to go that route, completely tear the gun down and clean out every hole because there is typically debris from drilling and the oils ect...
    Just a thought!
    TRG knows his chit just sayin!!

  11. #9
    I never hit bottom. 79Challenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    193

    Default

    Slightly off topic, but how does standard automotive paint hold up on the bottom? I'm concerned with it wearing off from the trailer bunks(carpeted)

  12. #10
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    this guy will paint that baby with his Real tree Camo job for ya

  13. #11
    Purple headed member Quickjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    7,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dp85tona View Post
    TRG knows his chit just sayin!!
    Exactly. Todd has been behind the gun of many paintjobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I used to believe QJ was a gay black man..

    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Secret View Post
    Keith...
    Real Fast Big Blocks are always V-Drives

  14. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orcutt CA
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    this guy will paint that baby with his real tree camo job for ya
    yess!!

  15. #13
    Member Katanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Howell Mi.
    Posts
    43

    Default

    The auto paint will hold up fine. Only problem is the boat cant be left in the water for any length of time, 1-2 days at most. Likely to blister if left longer.

    I am currently haveing an 18 Python painted. Most estimates came in between 3-4 thousand. Found a friend of a friend who paints airplanes to do complete boat in white Imron with clear Imron top coat for 2500. That includes flipping the boat, and all sanding.

  16. #14
    Purple headed member Quickjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Menifee
    Posts
    7,646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katanna View Post
    The auto paint will hold up fine. Only problem is the boat cant be left in the water for any length of time, 1-2 days at most. Likely to blister if left longer.

    I am currently haveing an 18 Python painted. Most estimates came in between 3-4 thousand. Found a friend of a friend who paints airplanes to do complete boat in white Imron with clear Imron top coat for 2500. That includes flipping the boat, and all sanding.
    Why would it blister??? Is it a paint/fiberglass/water thing? My Corvette sat out in the rain for a whole week once. Should I have not done that? Now you have me worried.
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
    I used to believe QJ was a gay black man..

    Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Secret View Post
    Keith...
    Real Fast Big Blocks are always V-Drives

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95