800hp jets vs whackers on 800ft course - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 29 to 42 of 52

Thread:
800hp jets vs whackers on 800ft course

  1. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta TX
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRyd View Post
    Why hell I might have to make the drag up there and see if we can get a peice of that PlaceCraft that was gonna whip all our asses at the WinterNats!
    oooh..........easy now! That's a tall order.....just sayin.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #30
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjet View Post
    oooh..........easy now! That's a tall order.....just sayin.
    if yall are talkin bout jerry's old placecraft, better pack a lunch, sob is jus stupid quik. keith owns it now right? still got big hp too i take it?

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  4. #31
    "BOATLESS" blender over's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wildomar/Big River/OcotilloWells
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRyd View Post
    WOW at the end of the video it looks like the winning boat lets off the gas hard! Scarry
    How fast was that 105 110?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #32
    Senior Member SEEIN RED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blender over View Post
    WOW at the end of the video it looks like the winning boat lets off the gas hard! Scarry
    How fast was that 105 110?
    Yes he shut it down way to hard good thing for forgiving boats his shoes were wet and the seat is a little to far back . Good thing he had enough snap to put his foot back in it . As far as how fast we have no speedo the white southwind ( SlowRyd ) said his gps speedo showed 106 so its any ones guess that day . On the Sdba clocks with center seat it runs 4.8 to 5.0 in the 660 around 109 mph and this track was around 600 feet .

  7. #33
    Senior Member SEEIN RED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjet View Post
    oooh..........easy now! That's a tall order.....just sayin.
    Us south Texas boys like tall orders We heard he was supposed to run real hard and he is part of the reason we went to the Winternationals was just a shame his boat got swamped after his long drive and we didnt get a chance to run . I got a chance to visit with Keith on the bank very nice guy we are looking forward to seeing how our heavy ol lake boat can run against his placecraft .

  8. #34
    mo balls than $cents$ IMPATIENT 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    hugo,okla
    Posts
    11,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEEIN RED View Post
    Yes he shut it down way to hard good thing for forgiving boats his shoes were wet and the seat is a little to far back . Good thing he had enough snap to put his foot back in it . As far as how fast we have no speedo the white southwind ( SlowRyd ) said his gps speedo showed 106 so its any ones guess that day . On the Sdba clocks with center seat it runs 4.8 to 5.0 in the 660 around 109 mph and this track was around 600 feet .
    106 in 600ft from a stop?

    Dare to be different, if it turns out great you can claim you planned it that way.

    Jetboatperformance.com

  9. #35
    Senior Member SlowRyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Houston Tx.
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Yep 106 from a stop. I knew I should have takin a pic of it but its to late now cause I got the electrical system tore down. Installing some new electronics after Seein Red busted my ass outta the hole, The ole 6al box just dont get it done anymore!!

  10. #36
    Senior Member SEEIN RED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRyd View Post
    Yep 106 from a stop. I knew I should have takin a pic of it but its to late now cause I got the electrical system tore down. Installing some new electronics after Seein Red busted my ass outta the hole, The ole 6al box just dont get it done anymore!!
    Kevin your boat speaks for its self you can show anyone that wants to see the GPS playback after they run you .

  11. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Atlanta TX
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEEIN RED View Post
    Thanks : It has taken many years to get the ol boat to run like it does . . It's a 650 lb 18 foot built in arkansas back in 1991 . It's a cool feeling to put all those lite tunnels on the trailer . As far as motor its a 540 with nos plates no fogger MY son drives it now we just put 2 seats back in so we can spend so time on the river .I spent some time with Joe mac this weekend at the SDBA Banquet and he invited us to Broken Bow so looks like we will be making the trip in july .. Again thanks for the complements
    You'll have a blast at Broken Bow....LOTS of Nasty boats always show up for the weekend. Bring plenty Tylenol , you'll need it if you stop by the OUTLAW CAMP after a day on the water.

  12. #38
    Senior Member SEEIN RED's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    HOUSTON TEXAS
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cpjet View Post
    You'll have a blast at Broken Bow....LOTS of Nasty boats always show up for the weekend. Bring plenty Tylenol , you'll need it if you stop by the OUTLAW CAMP after a day on the water.
    Thanks we are looking forward to the trip . The outlaw bunch has invited us for the last few years just been hard to make it up between working and learning the PROMOD we havent had time but this year we are going to make time ..And believe me Tylenol is already loaded we have partied with the outlaws for years

  13. #39
    Senior Member stoker2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Folsom,Ca
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SlowRyd View Post
    Yep 106 from a stop. I knew I should have takin a pic of it but its to late now cause I got the electrical system tore down. Installing some new electronics after Seein Red busted my ass outta the hole, The ole 6al box just dont get it done anymore!!
    definatly hauling the mail,did you get a chance to measure up against the hard hitting whackers?
    I believe Garrel and Acey with the Evinrude/Johnson powered STV white/red would come close to 5.0 ETs on SDBA at 660'
    I know last 2009 year the Jet with huge nitrous sawed all the whackers off
    Whacker Smacker M/E #561 IHBA "first looser"champ 2006&2007&Sportsman Driver of the Year

  14. #40
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Kevin,
    I've seen some outboards get a pretty impressive hole shot from a dead stop.
    As a comparison at the IHBA drags, what number would you leave on as compared to a jet in your same class ?
    In other words, do they leave the rope at the same time you do ?

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  15. #41
    Senior Member SlowRyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Houston Tx.
    Posts
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    Kevin,
    I've seen some outboards get a pretty impressive hole shot from a dead stop.
    As a comparison at the IHBA drags, what number would you leave on as compared to a jet in your same class ?
    In other words, do they leave the rope at the same time you do ?
    Yeah there are some petty quick whackers out there, but to answer your question I dont know Ive never ran at a sanctioned event.

  16. #42
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Sorry I was referring to the other Kevin. Stoker2001

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95