Parker
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread:
Parker

  1. #1
    Retired Air Force Master Sergeant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    940

    Default Parker

    Planning on going to Parker for the 4th of July but I am a little worried that I might get stopped for noise. I have baffles in my pipes but is that enough? How strict are they there? And what about the London Bridge area as well?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    About 500' AGL MudPumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    2,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Master Sergeant View Post
    Planning on going to Parker for the 4th of July but I am a little worried that I might get stopped for noise. I have baffles in my pipes but is that enough? How strict are they there? And what about the London Bridge area as well?
    MS, If you are rollin the boat in your avatar, you couldn't pay me to roll it on Parker or Havasu on a holiday weekend. Come down below the dam to the lower river south of Parker. Thats where all the 18 and 19 foot boats hang out. Lots of fast boats and good people with great water all day long. Also, we all run open headers so there are no worries about getting stopped for noise. You can stay in Parker and drive down to the Public ramp just south of Big River to launch. Its only about a 10 min drive. If you have never been to the lower river, you have been missing out.

  4. #3
    Inland Empire-Big River
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MudPumper View Post
    MS, If you are rollin the boat in your avatar, you couldn't pay me to roll it on Parker or Havasu on a holiday weekend. Come down below the dam to the lower river south of Parker. Thats where all the 18 and 19 foot boats hang out. Lots of fast boats and good people with great water all day long. Also, we all run open headers so there are no worries about getting stopped for noise. You can stay in Parker and drive down to the Public ramp just south of Big River to launch. Its only about a 10 min drive. If you have never been to the lower river, you have been missing out.

    Oh there ya go

    Please don't listen to Mud. The lower river is a mythical place and really doesnt exist

    Just kidding. Mudpumper is right. THeres know way I would be up on Parker on a busy weekend if your talking about the boat in your avatar. Come down to the lower river. You'll be glad you did

    We wash our parts in gasoline,
    We drink Alcohol,
    And we go racing with Nitro-Methane!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Master Sargent has allready boated on that section of the river with Wicked boats ,Corndog, Mooseknuckle, Rods Wicked Alcoholic last year. Thats where you should go or come up to Needles MS for the 4th we'll be about a 1/2 mile below Grass Beach. Stay in Needles and boat out of Jack Smith Park. Ur welcome anytime. Pat

  7. #5
    Retired Air Force Master Sergeant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    940

    Default

    We have been to big river once (and enjoyed it) but never to parker or Havasu. I already put a non-refundable deposit at Castle Rock Shores on a waterfront cabin so we are stuck this time. Is there many options for river front cabins at big river?

  8. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    El Cajon, CA.
    Posts
    3,605

    Default

    Parker is a "stuck in the flushing mode toilet bowl" on a big weekend.

    I've been there with friends with open headers and never ran into a problem, with the noise anyway.
    Last edited by hotrod56cars; 04-27-2008 at 07:53 PM. Reason: more

  9. #7
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MudPumper View Post
    MS, If you are rollin the boat in your avatar, you couldn't pay me to roll it on Parker or Havasu on a holiday weekend. Come down below the dam to the lower river south of Parker. Thats where all the 18 and 19 foot boats hang out. Lots of fast boats and good people with great water all day long. Also, we all run open headers so there are no worries about getting stopped for noise. You can stay in Parker and drive down to the Public ramp just south of Big River to launch. Its only about a 10 min drive. If you have never been to the lower river, you have been missing out.
    Hey M/P how deep is the water down that way and are the sandbars easy to read. Curious cause I have always gone to the strip and been popped for noise and just stopping you to go for an OUI.M

  10. #8
    About 500' AGL MudPumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Santa Clarita
    Posts
    2,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    Hey M/P how deep is the water down that way and are the sandbars easy to read. Curious cause I have always gone to the strip and been popped for noise and just stopping you to go for an OUI.M
    It depends on how high the water level is but it can get pretty shallow is spots and down right scary when the level isn't up all the way. When the water is up, there are only a couple of spots you really need to know. My first couple of times I went with people that knew the river. Now I have no problems running from the dam south past Lost Lake which is a bit of a cruise. Best bet is to hook up with somebody that knows and follow them. You really couldn't pay me to take my boat above the dam anymore.

    Anybody on here will be more than happy to show you the ropes. Just ask.

  11. #9
    Senior Member HBjet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    678

    Default

    The last time I was at Parker with my boat on the water, I was stopped, sound tested, and then asked to leave and never come back until I ran some sort of muffler. So I have never been back.

    I agree, if you are going to boat on parker on a holiday weekend, then have a pontoon, or a 25' boat or larger. If you are going to run that small tunnel, get on the water early, and get off the water by 10am, and then back on just before sunset of the water permits.

    HB

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95