Whats your vote??
| || |
Who cares, As long as it works!
Whats your vote??
And the new project begins!
I ran oil till it started to leak, shortly after a rebuild. I now run red grease. I put one zerk on and ran it till it comes out the other, than the other side till same . I then put a plug in the other and give it a couple more to make sure its getting to the spot. I have been doing this for years.
Made In The Shade
Custom Window Tinting
Last edited by Oldsquirt; 02-12-2011 at 07:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Just my opinion, but maybe it's time for the government to take down the bird feeder!Originally Posted by Rexone;Originally Posted by Pronstar;
Astroglide works for EVERYTHING.
" NO MOTOR NO BOATER "
" I'd rather be riding in my boat thinking about God, than in church thinking about my boat ".
i had the book (much easier for me to read)...but this is what i got from it:
1. good surface finish on the shaft is paramount
2. shaft hardness has a great effect (thus the chrome coating)
3. Works good with water, better with oil
4. Contamination is a big factor (as one would expect)
5. It has a definate life expectancy, and accurate visual indicators
my personal experience with the berkely bowl
1. joke, bad one
2. water tends to displace the oil (it is heavier)
3. If you pressure test it you blow out the seal (good seal, but very flexible)
4. Can be modified for two seals with a dremmel
5. two seals still aint good enough
6. AT got it better.
1. Replace the relatively cheep tail bearings frequently
2. Replace the relatively inexpensive bearings frequently
3. Replace the tail bearings frequently or suffer a lost pump
oh yeah, GN7: is this the same tech they are using on the HP roller lifters? (sleeves rather than roller bearings)
and furthermore...you ever use WS2?