anyone wanna be a boat builder?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 46

Thread:
anyone wanna be a boat builder?

  1. #1
    Senior Member cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,620

    Default anyone wanna be a boat builder?

    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/boa/652193327.html

    JET BOAT MOLDS THESE JET BOAT MOLDS ARE SOUTHWIND BOATS THEY COME WITH TWO DIFFERENT DECK TO BUILD WITH THE TRADITIONAL DECK AND THE STEPED RACING DECK PLESE CALL CHRIS 818 355 0565

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements

  3. #2
    www.highflowdynamics.com LakesOnly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    1,160

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone View Post
    http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/boa/652193327.html

    JET BOAT MOLDS THESE JET BOAT MOLDS ARE SOUTHWIND BOATS THEY COME WITH TWO DIFFERENT DECK TO BUILD WITH THE TRADITIONAL DECK AND THE STEPED RACING DECK PLESE CALL CHRIS 818 355 0565
    If one of those molds is what I think it is, then I'm going to have to alert the rightful owner (T.M.) to its whereabouts.

    Thanks,

    LO
    High Flow Dynamics
    Performance Components for the 429/460 Engine Family


    This post Copyright 2007-2017 Paul Kane. No copying, linking, printing or otherwise without express written permission.

  4. #3
    Senior Member sdpm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,532

    Default

    Not trying to hijack your thread, but does anyone know if "Budlight" ever found his molds and got them back?

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements

  6. #4
    Seriously off center slowride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Anaheim/BHC- the Shack
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    And who is Becker Motorsports (the ph#)?






  7. #5
    Senior Member Futs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orange CA, Big River
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Chris got these molds from Jim Cole of cole boats about 4 years ago. The molds have a southwind tag on them so they must be the real deal. $ 200 bucks for a mold and 2 decks is a killer price.But they been sitting outside for yeas and years. Who knows what shape there in...

    Just another has been v bottom boat.. But I know how to make it a tunnel if anyone wants to buy these....

  8. #6
    Senior Member old rigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    848

    Default

    I remember this guy had these molds for sale last year too but I think he wanted a grand for them then. Still, if they can be blocked straight, that's a beautiful T deck hull.

    I'm surprised the southwind brothers haven't bought them up?
    Last edited by old rigger; 04-29-2008 at 04:35 PM.

  9. #7
    Razor Wire Militia קmᮆÚ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by old rigger View Post
    I remember this guy had these molds for sale last year too but I think he wanted a grand for them then. Still, if they can be blocked straight, that's a beautiful T deck hull.

    I'm surprised the southwind brothers haven't bought them up?

    Rich no interest in playing with all the red tape of making boats

  10. #8
    Senior Member old rigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by קm†šš View Post
    Rich no interest in playing with all the red tape of making boats
    While I can certainly understand what you're saying...that's your familys history sitting there!

  11. #9
    Senior Member wolfie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the garage working on the boat in Utah, United States
    Posts
    7,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by קmᮆÚ View Post
    Rich no interest in playing with all the red tape of making boats
    Aw...come on. I'm sure the old man wouldn't mind getting into it again. He's getting close to retirement and needs a hobby.


    How's the ankle doing?

  12. #10
    Senior Member cyclone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sdpm View Post
    Not trying to hijack your thread, but does anyone know if "Budlight" ever found his molds and got them back?
    ill ask him this weekend, neil. i think he'll be at the power tour.

  13. #11
    Senior Member holorinhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    No Pat has not yet re aquired the molds.
    Things are still up in the air over the whole deal,but I will let Him elaborate more on the subject ,if He wishes to...Hal

    I'm not here for a long time, I'm just here for a good time!
    If your not on the edge.......your taking up too much room......Drive it like you stole it!

    73 KONA Restoration http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=10678
    '81 Spectra 20 Facelift http://www.performanceboats.com/user...-facelift.html

    18' Advantage http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-...k-project.html

  14. #12
    Razor Wire Militia קmᮆÚ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu, AZ
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfie View Post
    Aw...come on. I'm sure the old man wouldn't mind getting into it again. He's getting close to retirement and needs a hobby.


    How's the ankle doing?
    well if pops wants to then its his deal not mine with all the sue happy peps out there im not into it ..


    than ankle still FUCKING HURTS and its still swollen after 3 weeks

  15. #13
    Senior Member moneysucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Descanso, California, United States
    Posts
    2,225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by קmᮆÚ View Post
    well if pops wants to then its his deal not mine with all the sue happy peps out there im not into it ..


    than ankle still FUCKING HURTS and its still swollen after 3 weeks
    I figure I will get them, Spray a quart of speed coat in there, get a salad shooter and a drywall texture hopper a drum of resin and some glass and I am off to the races. I can smell the money now. I am going to be a manufacturer.

  16. #14
    Senior Member Futs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orange CA, Big River
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moneysucker View Post
    I figure I will get them, Spray a quart of speed coat in there, get a salad shooter and a drywall texture hopper a drum of resin and some glass and I am off to the races. I can smell the money now. I am going to be a manufacturer.
    I will take 2 please...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95