Yeah, I'm anal
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread:
Yeah, I'm anal

  1. #1
    Senior Member Ahsumtoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    1,001

    Default Yeah, I'm anal

    I picked up my new popoff from John Mills last night for my placecraft, nice guy! Anyway, it is anodized black. I really want it to match either the pump (grey), or the rigging in the boat (blue). So I'm thinking I'll powdercoat it. Anyone ever powdercoat a popoff before?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    What about reanodize it to the color you want? PC is thick and I wonder if it could cause problems! Im just sayin!


    SOMEONE SAID YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU! SO,IM BURNING IT UP ONE GALLON AT A TIME!
    WT

    WFL Crew!!!

  4. #3
    Senior Member Ahsumtoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Widetrack View Post
    What about reanodize it to the color you want? PC is thick and I wonder if it could cause problems! Im just sayin!
    It's hard anodized. It would need to be stripped to reanodize which would remove the hard anodize. I don't think you can hard anodize in blue, maybe grey? If I powdercoat it would have to be masked on the inside.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    I wouldn't call that ANAL. thats just being thorough
    #55

  7. #5
    Senior Member cripple midget racing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Menifee, Ca.
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    I wouldn't call that ANAL. thats just being thorough
    I call It Just Being Steve !!!

  8. #6
    Senior Member Woods 017's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahsumtoy View Post
    It's hard anodized. It would need to be stripped to reanodize which would remove the hard anodize. I don't think you can hard anodize in blue, maybe grey? If I powdercoat it would have to be masked on the inside.
    Steve you can anodize in blue. The issue maybe matching the blue ano to the blue powder coat you have in the boat. If you do decide to have it anodized blue just make sure they seal the part well so it doesn't fade.

  9. #7
    Boat Nut sleekcrafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Elgin, Il.
    Posts
    5,131

    Default

    Ceramachrome it!
    Upper Midwest Power Boat Association
    DRAG BOAT RACING UMPBA #926


  10. #8
    Senior Member Ahsumtoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins82 View Post
    Steve you can anodize in blue. The issue maybe matching the blue ano to the blue powder coat you have in the boat. If you do decide to have it anodized blue just make sure they seal the part well so it doesn't fade.
    Jordan, I know you can anodize blue. Don't know about "hard anodize" in blue? You're right, blue anodize will not match the blue powdercoat on the rigging. I guess my main concern about the powdercoat is the masking on the inside of the valve, otherwise it's a no brainer.

  11. #9
    Senior Member Red Rocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    winchester, ca
    Posts
    879

    Default

    Whatever you decide to do don't remove the hard ano from the inside of the cylinder.

  12. #10
    Senior Member Woods 017's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahsumtoy View Post
    Jordan, I know you can anodize blue. Don't know about "hard anodize" in blue? You're right, blue anodize will not match the blue powdercoat on the rigging. I guess my main concern about the powdercoat is the masking on the inside of the valve, otherwise it's a no brainer.
    You can do a hard blue but its darker in color.


    As far as the powder coat goes you may want to talk to Jeff @ Embee. I can all but guarantee you that he has powder coated a valve or two and at the very least can point you in the right direction. You may also want to find out if the anodized surface gives the desired adhesion characteristics needed for the powder coat to stick or if they are going to have to sand blast it off. My guess is that the anodized surface should be fine if not better due to the superior adhesion characteristics provided by the ano.
    Last edited by Woods 017; 04-08-2011 at 01:33 PM.

  13. #11
    Senior Member tiki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    costa mesa ca
    Posts
    446

    Default

    no worries. pull it appart and send it down along with a sample of the blue powder that you want to match(a washer or mount will do). the i.d. will ba masked as the hard coat is a must have in order for the valve to function properly. 714-546-6907

  14. #12
    Senior Member Ahsumtoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lake Havasu
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tiki View Post
    no worries. pull it appart and send it down along with a sample of the blue powder that you want to match(a washer or mount will do). the i.d. will ba masked as the hard coat is a must have in order for the valve to function properly. 714-546-6907
    Great! I'll send it to you on monday..... THANKS
    Last edited by Ahsumtoy; 04-08-2011 at 02:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95