front seat base
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread:
front seat base

  1. #1
    Senior Member 1975sleekcraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    393

    Default front seat base

    just replaced my floor and glassed it in. i have always had problems with my front seats being loose. they are lagged to the floor. because my floor is so low in the boat-i can only lag 1/2 the base because the other 1/2 is over the bottom of my hull. this is the stock setup.

    my question is can i build new bases and fiberglass them in so my front seats are bullet proof?????

    pros and cons of glassin bases in??????????
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	work'n on boat.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	114089  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    tintingsandiego krusn56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Glass them in....you can always grind it out if you go another direction.
    Made In The Shade

    Custom Window Tinting

  4. #3
    LAID IN MEXICO
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    santa paula, ca
    Posts
    750

    Default seat base's

    build nice sturdy seat bases, and glass them to the floor. through bolt the seats to the seat bases. lag bolts will always work loose, or pull out. lag bolts are a really shitty way to bolt almost anything together in a boat. if you can, always through bolt everything.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Pink Taco Reagan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Santa Clarita, California, United States
    Posts
    215

    Default

    X2 on thru bolting

  7. #5
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Heres some seat mounts we added to a 1/4 stringer Challenger boat were rigging now The Glassed plywood boxes were rotted , there a combo of 2/3 2/16 aluminum and 2 x4 Clear fir Tom



  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    836

    Default

    after i finished my new floor i attacked my seats...



    made the seat bases and glassed em down onto the floor (pulled back the carpet), they're pretty damn strong.

    made seat frames:


    all upholstered!



    then i just made some brackets in the corners and bolted em to the brackets so i could take em in/out if i needed. cut some holes so i can take the seat bottoms out and i have a little bit of storage underneath.

  9. #7
    Senior Member GA Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ka0tyk View Post
    after i finished my new floor i attacked my seats...



    made the seat bases and glassed em down onto the floor (pulled back the carpet), they're pretty damn strong.

    made seat frames:


    all upholstered!



    then i just made some brackets in the corners and bolted em to the brackets so i could take em in/out if i needed. cut some holes so i can take the seat bottoms out and i have a little bit of storage underneath.
    Man I love those seats! I might hafta steal your plan here

  10. #8
    Senior Member 1975sleekcraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    Heres some seat mounts we added to a 1/4 stringer Challenger boat were rigging now The Glassed plywood boxes were rotted , there a combo of 2/3 2/16 aluminum and 2 x4 Clear fir Tom


    tom,
    where is a good place to shop for those metal front buckets your use'n??

    i am always on a budget...

    any and all websites would be appreciated...

    tryin to make up my mind on building all three and havin them upolstered, or buyin metal buckets and just buildin the bench............

  11. #9
    Senior Member Futs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orange CA, Big River
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1975sleekcraft View Post
    tom,
    where is a good place to shop for those metal front buckets your use'n??

    i am always on a budget...

    any and all websites would be appreciated...

    tryin to make up my mind on building all three and havin them upolstered, or buyin metal buckets and just buildin the bench............
    Those are fiberglass front buckets. I think Tom sells them as well as alot of other around here.

  12. #10
    Senior Member 1975sleekcraft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    seattle
    Posts
    393

    Default $

    how much do them buckets go for????

  13. #11
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1975sleekcraft View Post
    tom,
    where is a good place to shop for those metal front buckets your use'n??

    i am always on a budget...

    any and all websites would be appreciated...

    tryin to make up my mind on building all three and havin them upolstered, or buyin metal buckets and just buildin the bench............
    Was alsleep at the wheel , the front Buckets are Fiberglass we have rear benchs now too and we sell them please check your Pms Thanks Tom

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95