Place Diverter Cylinder: Is there a under $100.00 alternative
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 24

Thread:
Place Diverter Cylinder: Is there a under $100.00 alternative

  1. #1
    Senior Member N2GLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default Place Diverter Cylinder: Is there a under $100.00 alternative

    I need to replace mine due to the fact that it leaks bad. I removed it and attempted to open it with zero luck (this thing is not meant to be seviced) I've looked for used units with zero luck also. I've been looking around, and they all seem to be north of $100.00 which seems to be a little steep for the nature of the part. Does anyone know of a less expensive alternative? Possibly a unit made by another manafacturer that will fit? Any help would be appreciated
    Last edited by N2GLOCK; 04-28-2011 at 12:02 PM.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member slow67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    DFW
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N2GLOCK View Post
    I need to replace mine due to the fact that it leaks bad. I removed it and attempted to open it with zero luck (this thing is not meant to be seviced) I've looked for used units with zero luck also. I've been looking around, and they all seem to be north of $100.00 which seems to be a little steep for the nature of the part. Does anyone know of a less expensive alternative? Possibly a unit made by another manafacturer that will fit? Any help would be appreciated
    They look like dual acting pneumatic cylinders.

  4. #3
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by N2GLOCK View Post
    I need to replace mine due to the fact that it leaks bad. I removed it and attempted to open it with zero luck (this thing is not meant to be seviced) I've looked for used units with zero luck also. I've been looking around, and they all seem to be north of $100.00 which seems to be a little steep for the nature of the part. Does anyone know of a less expensive alternative? Possibly a unit made by another manafacturer that will fit? Any help would be appreciated
    look at WW granger they have a cylinder that is identical for about $30
    #55

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Lookin' for answers. Pizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Hey Outlaw do you have the part number or maybe can post a link to the page on Graingers site for said part? I looked all over that site and didn't see anything. Anymore info you could give is greatly appreciated.
    What's the point of growing up if you can't act childish once in a while?

  7. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pizzy View Post
    Hey Outlaw do you have the part number or maybe can post a link to the page on Graingers site for said part? I looked all over that site and didn't see anything. Anymore info you could give is greatly appreciated.


    search pneumatic cylinders, took me sum searching to find them

  8. #6

  9. #7
    Lookin' for answers. Pizzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Thanks Yuma!
    What's the point of growing up if you can't act childish once in a while?

  10. #8
    AKA OhOneWS6 Last Mohican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,637

    Default

    That one says"air" not "hydraulic". Will it work?

  11. #9
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Mohican View Post
    That one says"air" not "hydraulic". Will it work?
    put one on my last boat 5 years ago, still working
    #55

  12. #10
    AKA OhOneWS6 Last Mohican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,637

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    put one on my last boat 5 years ago, still working
    Guess that answers that. LOL.

  13. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    201

    Default

    I realize this is slightly OT to the original post but I have been wanting a cheaper alternative to the entire hydraulic system. The cable + lever isnt that cheap when buying new either. So if air cylinders work for hydraulic what about using air solenoids as well?
    The cylinder I saw that looked identical was made by Bimba if memory is correct. They are available all over the place - grainger, mcmaster carr, probably about any industrial supply place locally.

  14. #12
    21 Daytona Outlaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Artesia, N.M.
    Posts
    5,291

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slim pickens View Post
    I realize this is slightly OT to the original post but I have been wanting a cheaper alternative to the entire hydraulic system. The cable + lever isnt that cheap when buying new either. So if air cylinders work for hydraulic what about using air solenoids as well?
    The cylinder I saw that looked identical was made by Bimba if memory is correct. They are available all over the place - grainger, mcmaster carr, probably about any industrial supply place locally.
    I would think the air would compress and allow the diverter to move
    #55

  15. #13
    Senior Member Futs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Orange CA, Big River
    Posts
    4,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slim pickens View Post
    I realize this is slightly OT to the original post but I have been wanting a cheaper alternative to the entire hydraulic system. The cable + lever isnt that cheap when buying new either. So if air cylinders work for hydraulic what about using air solenoids as well?
    The cylinder I saw that looked identical was made by Bimba if memory is correct. They are available all over the place - grainger, mcmaster carr, probably about any industrial supply place locally.
    Thats fine if you just want total up and total down. Can't regulate inbetween with an air solenoid.

  16. #14
    TRG
    TRG is offline
    Senior Member TRG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    Diverter stop for up, and stack 5/16" washers on the cylinder for down, seems to work for my deal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95