[Question] CS 19 or clockstart
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread:
CS 19 or clockstart

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Green Bay Wi,USA
    Posts
    441

    Default CS 19 or clockstart

    Impeller sizes. Can one of you guys explain, in general, larger impeller sizes. I have heard of AA, 3A and 4A. Diameters of 9, 9 and 1/4,9 and 1/2 inches. Do these relate to the AA,3A and 4A? I am hoping to put more power to the pump soon. Hoping to dyno in 2 weeks. Where do high helix impellers fit into the mix? Thanks, DEL.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    B1 Racing cs19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DEL51 View Post
    Impeller sizes. Can one of you guys explain, in general, larger impeller sizes. I have heard of AA, 3A and 4A. Diameters of 9, 9 and 1/4,9 and 1/2 inches. Do these relate to the AA,3A and 4A? I am hoping to put more power to the pump soon. Hoping to dyno in 2 weeks. Where do high helix impellers fit into the mix? Thanks, DEL.
    Del, there are impellers available up to 5A from AMT. The 5A will need a bowl modification because its so large, the 4A and below do not. You will be limited to what size impeller you can run if your running the smaller suction housing and bowl which only has a bowl register of 9.125, you cant run anything bigger than basically a "AA" with that housing and bowl, in order to the run the larger impellers you will need the more modern suction housing with the larger bowl register and a newer larger bowl. Your other option is to run the adapter ring which is basically a piece of welding rod and it will allow you to run the larger impellers while still using the smaller suction, you would need to bore the bowl ID to accept those parts and so it would fit onto the adapter piece (welding rod) as well.

    The high helix offers the same sizes but you will find them harder to turn in the larger cuts. A non hi helix AA thats done right in a good working boat that is loaded properly will require some substantial HP to turn it up to 7000.

    Hope that helps a little.

    Chris

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Green Bay Wi,USA
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Thanks Chris. I will call or pm after Dyno.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Members only MAXIMUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Close by
    Posts
    4,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cs19 View Post
    Del, there are impellers available up to 5A from AMT. The 5A will need a bowl modification because its so large, the 4A and below do not. You will be limited to what size impeller you can run if your running the smaller suction housing and bowl which only has a bowl register of 9.125, you cant run anything bigger than basically a "AA" with that housing and bowl, in order to the run the larger impellers you will need the more modern suction housing with the larger bowl register and a newer larger bowl. Your other option is to run the adapter ring which is basically a piece of welding rod and it will allow you to run the larger impellers while still using the smaller suction, you would need to bore the bowl ID to accept those parts and so it would fit onto the adapter piece (welding rod) as well.

    The high helix offers the same sizes but you will find them harder to turn in the larger cuts. A non hi helix AA thats done right in a good working boat that is loaded properly will require some substantial HP to turn it up to 7000.

    Hope that helps a little.

    Chris

    Chris what hp does it take to spin a hopped up panther pump to 7k?

  7. #5
    B1 Racing cs19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    6,523

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    Chris what hp does it take to spin a hopped up panther pump to 7k?
    Panther and 7000 rpm don't belong in the same sentence lol. Scary thought!

  8. #6
    "BOATLESS" blender over's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Wildomar/Big River/OcotilloWells
    Posts
    3,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cs19 View Post
    Del, there are impellers available up to 5A from AMT. The 5A will need a bowl modification because its so large, the 4A and below do not. You will be limited to what size impeller you can run if your running the smaller suction housing and bowl which only has a bowl register of 9.125, you cant run anything bigger than basically a "AA" with that housing and bowl, in order to the run the larger impellers you will need the more modern suction housing with the larger bowl register and a newer larger bowl. Your other option is to run the adapter ring which is basically a piece of welding rod and it will allow you to run the larger impellers while still using the smaller suction, you would need to bore the bowl ID to accept those parts and so it would fit onto the adapter piece (welding rod) as well.

    The high helix offers the same sizes but you will find them harder to turn in the larger cuts. A non hi helix AA thats done right in a good working boat that is loaded properly will require some substantial HP to turn it up to 7000.

    Hope that helps a little.

    Chris
    1000hp? More?

  9. #7
    Senior Member bp298's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    LHC
    Posts
    6,571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blender over View Post
    1000hp? More?
    way more.

  10. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    67

    Default

    would 1200hp do it?

  11. #9
    Senior Member Need4Speed77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Q.C./Big River
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Not to thread jack but i have been wondering this myself. I am running a B/C stainless right now turning it to 7200. What would I expect out of a AA or a Hi Helix A? Would it hurt the top end? How much hole shot or et would I gain?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95