Jet Drive Open Bow.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread:
Jet Drive Open Bow.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default Jet Drive Open Bow.

    After looking a bunch of boats. Posting in the Jet, V-Drive & Outboard forums on this site. I have decided what type of boat I want.

    Open bow, Jet drive. 18 to 21 foot.

    I looked @ a Stingray w/ SBF power plant. It was cool. If the motor breaks, I can fix it cheap and myself. There is a big after market for SBF thanks to the mustang.

    I am also thinking about biting the bullet and buying new. There are allot of good deals to be had. Brand new '09 - '10 leftovers marked 6k off & I have some cash saved.
    If I go new, I am looking @ the Yamaha AR210 or the Seadoo Challenger 210 SE.

    Anyone have one??
    Anyone think I can do better??

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member stokerdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    kingman Az
    Posts
    387

    Default

    talk to this guy "cobra1" cool boat fast 21 openbow jet or outboard...link below

    silhouette write up


    come join the stoker owners and fans face book group
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/274764172561344/

  4. #3
    Senior Member GA Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-08-03_12-42-36_780.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	125963

    Rochelle Craft makes a cool BBF boat. Im working the kinks out on this one as we speak. The fuel pickup is fouling under higher engine loads ~3000rpm so we are cleaning and switching tanks. Its a pretty neat boat though

    This picture is without the back seats and engine cover as we time the motor

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member WMorton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,685

    Default

    What? I thought you wanted a performance boat? I could have swore you were looking at Daytona's and CP's?

  7. #5
    Senior Member YumaJet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Yuma, Az
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ten/Seven View Post
    If I go new, I am looking @ the Yamaha AR210 or the Seadoo Challenger 210 SE.

    Anyone have one??
    Anyone think I can do better??
    your looking at the wrong site if you want a yamaha or seadoo jet boat. heres two for you to compare

    » Seadoo Forums « - Trouble Shooting, Manuals, Discussions, Parts and more!

    Jetboat: Sea Doo or Yamaha - Offshoreonly.com
    Last edited by YumaJet; 08-03-2011 at 02:59 PM.
    boatless....

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WMorton View Post
    What? I thought you wanted a performance boat? I could have swore you were looking at Daytona's and CP's?
    I was & I would love to have a boat that hauls ass. But the truth is, I need it to do more than look good and haul ass.

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Just a thought. If it is your first boat, the odds are you will want something different down the road. The next thing that will happen is you will want to go 5mph faster. Depending on your location, there are a lot of older boats in the 7-10K range with big block power that would be a good starting place. I would suggest starting there and once you have some time to decide what you want to do you can get a different boat or upgrade what you have once you decide what you want to do.

  10. #8
    Head Janitor FormulaZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lubbock, TX
    Posts
    690

    Default

    If it was me, I'd get the Avenger that Wasted Income has fore sale here.


    "No, my boat doesn't need any more power" - No one ever

  11. #9
    Senior Member GRoper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ten/Seven View Post
    I was & I would love to have a boat that hauls ass. But the truth is, I need it to do more than look good and haul ass.
    Theres an open bow CP for sale in the spam section. thats a bad ass family boat right there!

    Last edited by GRoper; 08-05-2011 at 06:48 PM.

  12. #10
    Distinguished Member David 519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    5,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ten/Seven View Post
    After looking a bunch of boats. Posting in the Jet, V-Drive & Outboard forums on this site. I have decided what type of boat I want.

    Open bow, Jet drive. 18 to 21 foot.

    I looked @ a Stingray w/ SBF power plant. It was cool. If the motor breaks, I can fix it cheap and myself. There is a big after market for SBF thanks to the mustang.

    I am also thinking about biting the bullet and buying new. There are allot of good deals to be had. Brand new '09 - '10 leftovers marked 6k off & I have some cash saved.
    If I go new, I am looking @ the Yamaha AR210 or the Seadoo Challenger 210 SE.

    Anyone have one??
    Anyone think I can do better??
    Strongly suggest you buy used so you can spend some time using whatever you buy and make sure it suits your needs. If you buy a new Yam/Seadoo and find out it doesn't suit your needs after half a season, you'll take a big hit to get rid of it... I've always had flats, but if I was gonna go with a jet, it would have to be a Daytona style hull. Don't know squat about jets, but think they look pretty cool. Good luck....
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    ....... David 519 is 100% correct........

    Quote Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins82 View Post
    .....I think people forget that racing is supposed to fun. Losing shouldn't be discouraging it should motivate you work on your pile to make it faster.....

  13. #11
    Senior Member motomattox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Man, why would you want the Yamaha or Seadoo? What are your goals for the boat, like what do you plan on using the boat for and where do you typically boat? The style hulls that you are looking at perform WAY better with an I/O. I am a jet guy through and through, but if you are going with that much free board and deep "V" then you should look at prop drives (Fuel efficiency especially). Also, I know from experience how expensive those boats are if you have engine issues or want to look to add performance (which you surely will at some point). No doubt they are a nice overall package, that will operate flawlessly for a good amount of time. Just depends on what your are looking to get out of the boat....
    "Keep talking...it aint often I get to hear a genius speak"

  14. #12
    Senior Member motomattox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David 519 View Post
    Strongly suggest you buy used so you can spend some time using whatever you buy and make sure it suits your needs. If you buy a new Yam/Seadoo and find out it doesn't suit your needs after half a season, you'll take a big hit to get rid of it... I've always had flats, but if I was gonna go with a jet, it would have to be a Daytona style hull. Don't know squat about jets, but think they look pretty cool. Good luck....
    X2
    "Keep talking...it aint often I get to hear a genius speak"

  15. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    I did not buy a jet ski boat. I am looking at all kinds of boats. This is going to be a long process.

  16. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GRoper View Post
    Theres an open bow CP for sale in the spam section. thats a bad ass family boat right there!

    That is a bad ass boat.... Where do I put my dive gear??

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95