methenol consumption?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 23

Thread:
methenol consumption?

  1. #1
    Senior Member swtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    beaumont ca
    Posts
    1,541

    Default methenol consumption?

    What is the quarter mile consumption of methenol full throttle? then consumption for pleasure running? just cruising mead or the river? thanks. looks like 270 for a 55 gallon drum or 30 bucks for 5 gallons. I have tank options for the boat. SWTD.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    "Need For Speed" Gearhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Atlanta, Texas, United States
    Posts
    1,210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swtd View Post
    What is the quarter mile consumption of methenol full throttle? then consumption for pleasure running? just cruising mead or the river? thanks. looks like 270 for a 55 gallon drum or 30 bucks for 5 gallons. I have tank options for the boat. SWTD.
    One will use approximately two times the amount of fuel on methanol as compared to gasoline. The methanol air to fuel ratio is approximately 6:1 to 8:1 as compared to that of gasoline at 12:1 to 14:1.

  4. #3
    i'm back!! 1QuickCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    687

    Default

    Remember as well its 2 times the use for the SAME HP level, and the alcohol motor usually makes more power so trust me you use a LOT for a weekend, typical use in my blown alky deal for 3 days was about 125 gallons sking ect....same deal on gas about 55 gallons. And remember that you should drain it dry every time as alky picks up water really quick sitting, double oil change frequency as well cause you will contaminate your oil on alky really fast,and it tends to corrode everything it touches. E85 would be the way to go if you have it in your area. Oh race use great fuel, pleasure use...ummm not as much
    Last edited by 1QuickCP; 08-18-2011 at 07:20 AM.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member tkriley13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,013

    Default

    Craig- is that machine going to be ready within the next 3 weeks?

  7. #5
    Senior Member swtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    beaumont ca
    Posts
    1,541

    Default 3 weeks

    HI TOM. not sure about 3 weeks but definatly next season. i will need seat time. lots of it. Getting all the stuff together to get Enderle system together. tired of carbs. Doing it once and for all so I can start the 540 build next year. Will make Ervine deal in October definatly. You Irvine?

  8. #6
    Senior Member swtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    beaumont ca
    Posts
    1,541

    Default pleasure

    Quote Originally Posted by 1QuickCP View Post
    Remember as well its 2 times the use for the SAME HP level, and the alcohol motor usually makes more power so trust me you use a LOT for a weekend, typical use in my blown alky deal for 3 days was about 125 gallons sking ect....same deal on gas about 55 gallons. And remember that you should drain it dry every time as alky picks up water really quick sitting, double oil change frequency as well cause you will contaminate your oil on alky really fast,and it tends to corrode everything it touches. E85 would be the way to go if you have it in your area. Oh race use great fuel, pleasure use...ummm not as much
    would really be running practice launches and short spurts more than anything. nothing like a mile full throttle run on river or lake.

  9. #7
    It's a sickness Eliminator#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    QC, Mcintyre
    Posts
    1,354

    Default

    Your deal should use roughly 2 gal per pass from what I have seen for a non blown deal
    LIFE'S GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!
    QE 072


  10. #8
    Senior Member swtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    beaumont ca
    Posts
    1,541

    Default Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Eliminator#1 View Post
    Your deal should use roughly 2 gal per pass from what I have seen for a non blown deal
    Thanks for info. Damn boat will drink as much as i do. BURP.LOL

  11. #9
    Senior Member fireboat607's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nampa, Idaho
    Posts
    708

    Default

    Dude, get back to work, you got to much free time on your hands
    Anyone can pedal a bicycle, can you pedal a flat?????

  12. #10
    Senior Member ol guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Elsinore Ca
    Posts
    3,818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1QuickCP View Post
    Remember as well its 2 times the use for the SAME HP level, and the alcohol motor usually makes more power so trust me you use a LOT for a weekend, typical use in my blown alky deal for 3 days was about 125 gallons sking ect....same deal on gas about 55 gallons. And remember that you should drain it dry every time as alky picks up water really quick sitting, double oil change frequency as well cause you will contaminate your oil on alky really fast,and it tends to corrode everything it touches. E85 would be the way to go if you have it in your area. Oh race use great fuel, pleasure use...ummm not as much
    I ditto what qwikcp is saying. if you are running alky in a dual purpose boat the maintenance goes why high! For a week-end normally its okay but after the race or weekend better plan on draining every thing and running marvel oil thru all lines and the pump and the valves and the barrel valves and the nozzles! Reason being is that methanol alcohol absorbs moisture at a very rapid rate and the next thing you know you have jelly showing up everywhere. For me it is worth the extra work for the bang for the buck and the fuel cost! my 02. M

  13. #11
    Senior Member swtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    beaumont ca
    Posts
    1,541

    Default Hey you!

    Quote Originally Posted by fireboat607 View Post
    Dude, get back to work, you got to much free time on your hands
    Isn't internet awsome......LOL I am going METHANOL!!!!!! Good Vibs tomorrow morning!

  14. #12
    Senior Member swtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    beaumont ca
    Posts
    1,541

    Default Elsinore

    Quote Originally Posted by ol guy View Post
    I ditto what qwikcp is saying. if you are running alky in a dual purpose boat the maintenance goes why high! For a week-end normally its okay but after the race or weekend better plan on draining every thing and running marvel oil thru all lines and the pump and the valves and the barrel valves and the nozzles! Reason being is that methanol alcohol absorbs moisture at a very rapid rate and the next thing you know you have jelly showing up everywhere. For me it is worth the extra work for the bang for the buck and the fuel cost! my 02. M
    Will PM you in a couple weeks to break in motor at the lake and check out plates. also we have a sea doo to tow to RUN SPOT

  15. #13
    It's a sickness Eliminator#1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    QC, Mcintyre
    Posts
    1,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swtd View Post
    Isn't internet awsome......LOL I am going METHANOL!!!!!! Good Vibs tomorrow morning!
    also gorr is in havasu, he is pretty good
    LIFE'S GOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!
    QE 072


  16. #14
    Senior Member swtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    beaumont ca
    Posts
    1,541

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fireboat607 View Post
    Dude, get back to work, you got to much free time on your hands
    HEY MISTER you wanna talk about free time!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95