bilge pump
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread:
bilge pump

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Douglas, MA
    Posts
    1,234

    Default bilge pump

    I have an old bilge pump that works fine, but it seems that stupid float is always in the way...any recommendations?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member HKROB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    620

  4. #3
    ... Some Kind Of Monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    2,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HKROB View Post
    Those are pretty nice and a great idea. I'll have to order a couple for myself.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member GAWnCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HKROB View Post
    I just installed one of those and then hooked up the other in line with the new one so that IF the new one turns on, and it's not taking care of the water, I can flip a switch and have both running. Together I have 1000 gph pumping capacity. I took the old float switch out.

  7. #5
    "It's HONDO, honey" Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    AZ, Queen Creek
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GAWnCA View Post
    I just installed one of those and then hooked up the other in line with the new one so that IF the new one turns on, and it's not taking care of the water, I can flip a switch and have both running. Together I have 1000 gph pumping capacity. I took the old float switch out.
    Walmart Allwood ha ha
    ___________________________________________
    _________________________________
    ___________

    "Chine walkin: (verb) - to show another brother that you will stay in to win. (syn.) Holy *hit!!!!!! Don't Lift!!!!!"

  8. #6
    Glendale Arizona Squirtcha?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glendale Arizona
    Posts
    2,368

    Default

    I run the Rule 500 automatic. Same type of deal I think. Solid state electronics and no flipper switch. It comes on every couple minutes. If it senses water (resistance against the impeller) it pumps till it's gone and then shuts off. If it doesn't sense any water (again resistance) it turns off right away. I just leave it on all the time when I'm in the water and it takes care of itself.

    Some of the guys on HB said they were crap and had problems with em, but mine's been in the boat for three troublefree years and works great.

    I sure wish someone would make one that doesn't have a plastic hose fitting on it. Sooner or later they all seem to crack there.

  9. #7
    "It's HONDO, honey" Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    AZ, Queen Creek
    Posts
    1,724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirtcha? View Post
    I run the Rule 500 automatic. Same type of deal I think. Solid state electronics and no flipper switch. It comes on every couple minutes. If it senses water (resistance against the impeller) it pumps till it's gone and then shuts off. If it doesn't sense any water (again resistance) it turns off right away. I just leave it on all the time when I'm in the water and it takes care of itself.

    Some of the guys on HB said they were crap and had problems with em, but mine's been in the boat for three troublefree years and works great.

    I sure wish someone would make one that doesn't have a plastic hose fitting on it. Sooner or later they all seem to crack there.
    I guess there just suppose to be a slip fit. Who know what they were thinking
    ___________________________________________
    _________________________________
    ___________

    "Chine walkin: (verb) - to show another brother that you will stay in to win. (syn.) Holy *hit!!!!!! Don't Lift!!!!!"

  10. #8
    Glendale Arizona Squirtcha?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Glendale Arizona
    Posts
    2,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I guess there just suppose to be a slip fit. Who know what they were thinking
    Hell........even if it were still plastic, but twice as thick. It might hold up better.

  11. #9
    Cas
    Cas is offline
    Angry American Cas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,103

    Default

    I've got a couple of 750's in the boat, one is automatic and the other is manually switched.
    Dan, I know what you're saying about the plastic nipples, they taste...oops, wrong kind. Anyway, I put about a 3" piece of tubing onto the pump that goes into a 90º fitting and then on out. It seems to be less stress from bouncing around thus helping preserve that fitting.

  12. #10
    Half a bubble off jrork's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Silverdale, Washington
    Posts
    2,467

    Default

    Like the rest of the gang here, I'm running two as well. A 1000 on a switch and a 1100 on a float. So far I'm happy, though it's hard to to having any water issues when it sets in the shop all the time.........

  13. #11
    Senior Member GAWnCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA, USA
    Posts
    2,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jrork View Post
    So far I'm happy, though it's hard to to having any water issues when it sets in the shop all the time.........
    You could set the boat out in the rain.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95