Berkeley bowls
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 15

Thread:
Berkeley bowls

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    143

    Default Berkeley bowls

    I would assume that a c bowl and a g bowl has the same bolt pattern and is interchangeable?

    Or would I need a matching suction housing to go with it?

    Local craigs list add with parts so just wondering if I can upgrade my C bowl.

    Thanks.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member watergun4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Visalia, California, United States
    Posts
    1,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spectra 224 View Post
    I would assume that a c bowl and a g bowl has the same bolt pattern and is interchangeable?

    Or would I need a matching suction housing to go with it?

    Local craigs list add with parts so just wondering if I can upgrade my C bowl.

    Thanks.
    Yes you can use a G bowl on the same suction housing, the advantanges to having a g is, you can add a droop,or straight snoot, and wedges, where you are not able to on a C bowl,,,

  4. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    143

    Default

    That was my thought also! This way I have options to play with things and can keep tweaking with stuff!

    Why work yourself into a corner? Thanks for the info!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member EVILFORCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5,180

    Default

    Not a real big jet guy but I think the C bowl flows more. Tom at Jet Boat Performance and I am sure others do a C-Bowl conversion. Then you can put droops on them. I am sure if I am wrong someone will say something.
    No Fool Like A Old Fool is there?

  7. #5
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EVILFORCE View Post
    Not a real big jet guy but I think the C bowl flows more. Tom at Jet Boat Performance and I am sure others do a C-Bowl conversion. Then you can put droops on them. I am sure if I am wrong someone will say something.
    You are correct In fact Rick your Mach 1 has this last of our last group of "C" bowl conversions we made , Its "touted" that "C" bowls flow well and work well when properly modified to preserve the exit and straightning areas (have no actual numbers) We don't make these as often any longer as we have to make them in large quantities to be profitable and its not much of a streatch to go from a converted C to a new slpit bowl, Spectra 224 examine your used split bowl very carefully particularly around the radius adjacent to the tail shaft seal , you will see casting marks which are OK be look carefully for cracks, a cracked bowl time its properly welded,line bored and bushed starts squeakin pretty close in $$ to a new bowl Tom

    Mach 1

  8. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Van Nuys, Ca
    Posts
    14

    Default

    What about a g bowl on an e pump?

  9. #7
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    What about a g bowl on an e pump?
    G-Bowls and most of the popular late style slpit bowls by other manufactures can be use on "E" pumps , the will however require nozzle adaptors to complete Tom

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    143

    Default

    So when we talk about flow rates and say that the G flows less, is this more so in high HP apps?

    I have a 21 foot daycruiser with stock tired olds 455 that runs great. Would I notice any difference in performance?

    I did rebuild the pump this last spring and run an AA impeller if this makes any sort of difference.

    I dont want to make this thing any slower than it already is!

  11. #9
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spectra 224 View Post
    So when we talk about flow rates and say that the G flows less, is this more so in high HP apps?

    I have a 21 foot daycruiser with stock tired olds 455 that runs great. Would I notice any difference in performance?

    I did rebuild the pump this last spring and run an AA impeller if this makes any sort of difference.

    I dont want to make this thing any slower than it already is!
    I honeslty don't belive with that combo you would see a decrease in performance or be going backwards , but you would "gain" in terms of "adaptability" (wedges etc) Tom

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Thanks Tom! On a side note, I need to call you about some some questions on finding some tanks for my cruiser! Maybe Monday!

  13. #11
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spectra 224 View Post
    Thanks Tom! On a side note, I need to call you about some some questions on finding some tanks for my cruiser! Maybe Monday!
    Cool I have an aluminum pair from a "dismantle that once were slated for a project my save ya some bucks

  14. #12
    Member NY CVX-20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    You are correct In fact Rick your Mach 1 has this last of our last group of "C" bowl conversions we made , Its "touted" that "C" bowls flow well and work well when properly modified to preserve the exit and straightning areas (have no actual numbers) We don't make these as often any longer as we have to make them in large quantities to be profitable and its not much of a streatch to go from a converted C to a new slpit bowl, Tom

    Mach 1

    I’m curious as to where the newer JI pump fits into this conversation. How does this pump compare to the C & G besides the split? Is it basically a C bowl with the flange for a wedge or droop?
    1979 Glastron Carlson CVX-20, 460 jet w/diverter

    1972 Glastron Carlson CV-21, Twin Turbo 509 ( http://www.classicglastron.com/phpbb...hp?f=34&t=5596 )

    http://www.youtube.com/user/stanger311

  15. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NY CVX-20 View Post
    I’m curious as to where the newer JI pump fits into this conversation. How does this pump compare to the C & G besides the split? Is it basically a C bowl with the flange for a wedge or droop?
    believe the ji pump is a factory g with a place diverter, i.e an up down trim device included with the purchase.

  16. #14
    Member NY CVX-20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnray069 View Post
    believe the ji pump is a factory g with a place diverter, i.e an up down trim device included with the purchase.
    Is the diverter really the only difference?! I would have thought the difference would be in the bowl.
    1979 Glastron Carlson CVX-20, 460 jet w/diverter

    1972 Glastron Carlson CV-21, Twin Turbo 509 ( http://www.classicglastron.com/phpbb...hp?f=34&t=5596 )

    http://www.youtube.com/user/stanger311

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95