Want to go racing...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 29

Thread:
Want to go racing...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default Want to go racing...

    I'm gonna race my boat this years. Been drag racing for about 17 years but only on pavement.

    Tell me everything u think a rookie should know going in. First and foremost is what class I can put my boat and myself into. Based on the boats I've ran in the last year or so I believe mine can just
    touch the 11s. Is there a 12 second index or a bracket class? I'm from the SF bay area so I'm gonna do the NJBA deal at Bfield and Ming I believe.

    Thanks in advance , Brian

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,736

    Default

    In NJBA you can run Super Eliminator where you call your dial in whether it is an 11.40 or 8. 40 you can go racing with your boat.

    Feel free to send me a PM for details about racing with NJBA.
    Boat 405.

  4. #3
    Led
    Led is offline
    Senior Member Led's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    my experience, make you a few friends that will help you at the race, if its your first time, it can be a little nerve racking, dont count on your CLASS REP, have someone take you through the process, so you know before you go!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Ain't Right Racin piston in the wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sapulpa ok
    Posts
    1,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Led View Post
    my experience, make you a few friends that will help you at the race, if its your first time, it can be a little nerve racking, dont count on your CLASS REP, have someone take you through the process, so you know before you go!
    A lil nerve racking my ass!! U were as nerved up as a whore in church & that's an understatement !!! But u did good first time out & drove a TE even went rounds

  7. #5
    Precision Craft Marine
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Napa, Ca
    Posts
    1,563

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sangersquirt View Post
    I'm gonna race my boat this years. Been drag racing for about 17 years but only on pavement.

    Tell me everything u think a rookie should know going in. First and foremost is what class I can put my boat and myself into. Based on the boats I've ran in the last year or so I believe mine can just
    touch the 11s. Is there a 12 second index or a bracket class? I'm from the SF bay area so I'm gonna do the NJBA deal at Bfield and Ming I believe.

    Thanks in advance , Brian
    Brian, you should come by my shop with your boat, if you live in the bay area. I can do a pre tech inspection for you to make sure you are 100% ready and NJBA legal. I will go over everything with you , so that you comfortable. Joe @ Precision Craft Marine, Fairfield Ca.

  8. #6
    Senior Member lupo1904's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,233

    Default

    Good thread I'm trying to race for the first time to

  9. #7
    Senior Member jyeager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    West Covina, California, United States
    Posts
    794

    Default

    I am also thinking about running the river racer class this year.
    Check out my work here --------> http://www.fairplex.com/fp/ctec/index.asp
    Decals? go here------------------> https://www.facebook.com/StickersByJosh
    Like McIntyre Snob here -------->https://www.facebook.com/McIntyreSnob

    Southwind 18 460 ford
    Southwind tunnel dragster 468 Chevy


  10. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Shelfo View Post
    Brian, you should come by my shop with your boat, if you live in the bay area. I can do a pre tech inspection for you to make sure you are 100% ready and NJBA legal. I will go over everything with you , so that you comfortable. Joe @ Precision Craft Marine, Fairfield Ca.
    Shelfo, I appreciate the offer. I will make time between now and lets say the end of January to take you up on that offer. Widowmaker youre gonna get a PM too. Thank you guys for the replys. Anyyone else that wants to come be a rookie, lets do it. I'm not shy... I've been around "hot boats" for a long time. I'm on my third boat. I've been wanting to race for a long time. The car that I crew for looks like its gonna be parked this year, my quad was stolen on Haloween and theres no way my prerunner project is gonna get built this year. So I'm gonna give it a go in my old float. Btw its nothin crazy... 80' Sanger SuperJet with a 464 BBC and a Place diverter that only runs in the high 70s.

    What do you guys think???

    We raced the first six seasons (on pavement) without being "competitive" but we had an absolute blast. Now we're fast and "competitive"... Gotta start somewhere...

    Again.... Thank you for the replys... I go no love on " the other" site when I posed this same question.

    Thanks all, Brian.

  11. #9
    "BEER BUDGET RACING" Bodean's Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Okmulgee, Oklahoma, United States
    Posts
    3,621

    Default

    Who did you talk to Led? We are going to run OKC and Chouteau. I want to make sure i can get though tech the first time in RR. I got the rule book but im getting different feed back from other guys in the class.

  12. #10
    Senior Member bwurst1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Roseville CA.
    Posts
    379

    Default

    1 piece of advice I can give you is, don't put off getting your medical clearance paperwork (physical). If your doctor is anything like mine, you really have to kick him in the ass to do anything. If you have Kaiser insurance make sure to tell them Its NOT a work or DMV related physical. otherwise they'll send you to a different department and it'll take forever just to get an appointment. Hope this helps and you wont have to go through the trouble I did....See ya on the rope

  13. #11
    Distinguished Member David 519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    5,770

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Shelfo View Post
    Brian, you should come by my shop with your boat, if you live in the bay area. I can do a pre tech inspection for you to make sure you are 100% ready and NJBA legal. I will go over everything with you , so that you comfortable. Joe @ Precision Craft Marine, Fairfield Ca.
    Take Joe up on his offer, this is a VERY good idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sangersquirt View Post
    Shelfo, I appreciate the offer. I will make time between now and lets say the end of January to take you up on that offer. Widowmaker youre gonna get a PM too. Thank you guys for the replys. Anyyone else that wants to come be a rookie, lets do it. I'm not shy... I've been around "hot boats" for a long time. I'm on my third boat. I've been wanting to race for a long time. The car that I crew for looks like its gonna be parked this year, my quad was stolen on Haloween and theres no way my prerunner project is gonna get built this year. So I'm gonna give it a go in my old float. Btw its nothin crazy... 80' Sanger SuperJet with a 464 BBC and a Place diverter that only runs in the high 70s.

    What do you guys think???

    We raced the first six seasons (on pavement) without being "competitive" but we had an absolute blast. Now we're fast and "competitive"... Gotta start somewhere...

    Again.... Thank you for the replys... I go no love on " the other" site when I posed this same question.

    Thanks all, Brian.
    Brian, we ran Div 7 S/St from mid 90's until we sold our car in 2007. Mostly raced Sac, SPIR, Bakersfield, and Redding. Boats are WAY different than cars in a lot of ways. We had a good time in cars, was easier to race a lot without spending a lot. That said, boats are WAY cooler, just not as much racing available.
    NJBA is a very cool organization and has the fastest jets in the US. I don't know much about jets but been racing a LONG time. I'm in Pleasanton, shoot me a PM if I can help. Best of luck...
    Last edited by David 519; 12-17-2011 at 01:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by gn7 View Post
    ....... David 519 is 100% correct........

    Quote Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins82 View Post
    .....I think people forget that racing is supposed to fun. Losing shouldn't be discouraging it should motivate you work on your pile to make it faster.....

  14. #12
    Senior Member Sweet Pickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Calimesa CA
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Glad you guys are considering racing. Just Bring a couple friends to help out. You will be hooked!

  15. #13
    TRG
    TRG is offline
    Senior Member TRG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,717

    Default

    Corey, you running the same program this year or not? thinking of racing the season opener, do I have to get my medical check up again?

  16. #14
    Senior Member Boat 405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    3,736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TRG View Post
    Corey, you running the same program this year or not? thinking of racing the season opener, do I have to get my medical check up again?
    Medicals are good for 2 years I believe
    Boat 405.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95