first time jet boat owner
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread:
first time jet boat owner

  1. #1
    Broke Member monstertahiti78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    386

    Default first time jet boat owner

    Hey guys im just bought a 78 Tahiti with an aluminum AA impeller and i have a have a motor from a v-drive that im throwing in it. Ive never restored a boat before so im sure ill have a ton of questions. Just wanted to say whats up and im looking forward to the project. Also does anyone have any ideas on building custom seats and upholstering them yourself?

    Nate
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	288985_10150745600710355_803820354_20194858_2130589_o.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	91.9 KB 
ID:	147996   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	404485_246850692059984_100002051648179_564232_1504426716_n.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	147997  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Blown, OHBA Member Wild Hair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Okmulgee Okla.
    Posts
    2,811

    Default

    Looks like a fun project. First step is to throw away the wallet cause now you wont have any money to put in it. lol, And start drinking heavily, seams the boats from heavy drinkers are faster than they normaly would be.

    second step is to kiss the wife /girlfriend good by cause she will not take second seat to a boat.
    Everything else is just a chain reaction of the above.

    Oh yes, before you just throw that V drive motor in the jet change the oil pan and pump pickup, its on the wrong end of the motor for a jet boat. Might consider a cam change as well.

    Welcome aboard.
    now start drinking
    Last edited by Wild Hair; 02-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.
    OHBA GROWTH THROUGH PARTICIPATION
    Built Cheyenne Tuff, With Chevy Stuff.
    well the block is GM any ways


    GOD BLESS AMERICA AND KEEP HER SAFE

    LOCK N LOAD AMERICA, OUR 2nd AMENDMENT
    IS UNDER FIRE


  4. #3
    Broke Member monstertahiti78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild Hair View Post
    Looks like a fun project. First step is to throw away the wallet cause now you wont have any money to put in it. lol, And start drinking heavily, seams the boats from heavy drinkers are faster than they normaly would be.

    second step is to kiss the wife /girlfriend good by cause she will not take second seat to a boat.
    Everything else is just a chain reaction of the above.

    Oh yes, before you just throw that V drive motor in the jet change the oil pan and pump pickup, its on the wrong end of the motor for a jet boat. Might consider a cam change as well.

    Welcome aboard.
    now start drinking
    Im quickly learning what boat really does mean bust out another thousand. check on the drinking part and already got rid of the girl for the boat...thanks for the advice on the engine. thats gonna be the first step in the long process. im sure ill have plenty of questions for you guys here soon.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monstertahiti78 View Post
    Hey guys im just bought a 78 Tahiti with an aluminum AA impeller and i have a have a motor from a v-drive that im throwing in it. Ive never restored a boat before so im sure ill have a ton of questions. Just wanted to say whats up and im looking forward to the project. Also does anyone have any ideas on building custom seats and upholstering them yourself?

    Nate
    Welcome Nate regarding seats and upholstry heres a link for you, re your V-drive engine I'm sure you realize it will require and oil pan change, These PB jet forums is a really good place for lots of help ,support and exchange of Ideas Good luck with your New Aquisition ! Tom

    Fiberglass Bucket and Bench Seats, Jet Boat Performance

  7. #5
    Broke Member monstertahiti78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Folsom, CA
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jetboatperformance View Post
    Welcome Nate regarding seats and upholstry heres a link for you, re your V-drive engine I'm sure you realize it will require and oil pan change, These PB jet forums is a really good place for lots of help ,support and exchange of Ideas Good luck with your New Aquisition ! Tom

    Fiberglass Bucket and Bench Seats, Jet Boat Performance
    Thanks Tom. Do you carry the covers also? If not where can i find them?

    Nate

  8. #6
    Senior Member jetboatperformance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Atascadero Calif
    Posts
    7,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by monstertahiti78 View Post
    Thanks Tom. Do you carry the covers also? If not where can i find them?

    Nate
    Please check your PMs

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95