GW Invader mini-jet boat
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 54

Thread:
GW Invader mini-jet boat

  1. #1
    Senior Member bartel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    840

    Default GW Invader mini-jet boat

    Ok guys. I am going to try a differnet type of build i want to combine this

    with this


    I am a little worried about how long the motor and pump is in the jet ski. as of right now just swapping things over would put the motor where the driver seat is.

    I am looking into a berk 6j pump to use on this project. anyway i have tried to do some reserach to see if anyone else has done this but the internet is pretty much coming up empty. does anyone have any ideas or pointers on how to tackle this project.
    2006 22ft Placecraft 496 Mag

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Marcsrollin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    El Cajon , Ca
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Extend the boat , I know your not scared of fiberglass work!
    No matter how good she looks , someone is tired of her shit!

  4. #3
    Senior Member bartel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    840

    Default

    i thought about that. but kinda wanted to keep her under the 10ft mark.
    2006 22ft Placecraft 496 Mag

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member bartel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    840

    Default


    anyone ever cut down the drive shaft on one of these pumps?

    is there anything keeping me from shortening the output shaft on item number 5 on this pic?
    Last edited by bartel; 02-13-2012 at 03:58 PM.
    2006 22ft Placecraft 496 Mag

  7. #5
    Senior Member Widetrack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southwest corner AR
    Posts
    4,045

    Default

    Shaun has a thread he started and is trying to do the same thing! And he does have some of the pumps you speak of! I will see if I can find it for ya!

    Here ya go!http://www.performanceboats.com/jet-...ja-6jd-5j.html
    Last edited by Widetrack; 02-13-2012 at 04:14 PM.


    SOMEONE SAID YOU CAN'T TAKE IT WITH YOU! SO,IM BURNING IT UP ONE GALLON AT A TIME!
    WT

    WFL Crew!!!

  8. #6
    I'm No Expert Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    San Clemente, Ca
    Posts
    3,138

    Default

    I'm also curious if it can be cut down. I was keeping a eye on a few ebay auctions for these to see if i could snag one cheap and see if it could be cut down. Never did grab one. Let me know what you find out because from what i'm told those pumps would work way better than the berk 5/6j's

  9. #7
    Senior Member bartel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    840

    Default

    I am going to look into it. but i just put a new pump in my ski last year. I am a little hesitent to cut it in half. i need to do some more investigating. My ski is still at the river and my invader hull is here at my place. so i have to get down there to get it.

    shaun what is the measurment of the small berk. from transom to drive shaft. I tried to read the diagram from your other post but it was not readable.

    What hull are you using?

    my problem with the yamaha pump is that there is no reverse. im sure i could make something but now we are back into super modification. my plan was for this build to be easy. but it is not turning out this way.

    I am going to cut the top of the invader off then cut the cockpit out and move it forward as much as possible. then if need be put a set back pump type extension on the bottom of the hull. But i plan on driving this thing hard and having a blast in it. so i really dont want to mess with the bottom hull structure.

    anyway lets keep in touch so between the two of us we only have to make half the mistakes cause we can split them.
    2006 22ft Placecraft 496 Mag

  10. #8
    Senior Member ICECREAMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartel View Post
    I am going to look into it. but i just put a new pump in my ski last year. I am a little hesitent to cut it in half. i need to do some more investigating. My ski is still at the river and my invader hull is here at my place. so i have to get down there to get it.

    shaun what is the measurment of the small berk. from transom to drive shaft. I tried to read the diagram from your other post but it was not readable.

    What hull are you using?

    my problem with the yamaha pump is that there is no reverse.
    im sure i could make something but now we are back into super modification. my plan was for this build to be easy. but it is not turning out this way.
    I am going to cut the top of the invader off then cut the cockpit out and move it forward as much as possible. then if need be put a set back pump type extension on the bottom of the hull. But i plan on driving this thing hard and having a blast in it. so i really dont want to mess with the bottom hull structure.

    anyway lets keep in touch so between the two of us we only have to make half the mistakes cause we can split them.

    I bet these same words have been uttered by every garage fabricator since the stone age LOL. There was a guy running around Elsinore a few years ago who had a jet ski motor/pump in a mini. He would have to stand up and lean over the bow to get it on plane, but once he was there it looked pretty insane.

    With the cost's of boating (fuel, parts, repairs etc), I too have been thinking about trying to do a mini jet boat. Since I like the lower river better than Havasu/Parker area, I think 2 or 3 of these would be a blast hauling ass from Blythe to Martinez and back on 10 gallons of regular gas.
    Do share your build!

  11. #9
    Senior Member bartel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    840

    Default

    ya having a few of them would be a blast.

    i drove my deck boat from mcintyre to martinez last year. it was fun as hell. but cost me near 300 in gas. and i was racing the low tide all the way back to mcintyre. but we made it without hitting any sand bars at all. great time had by all.

    Now if we had a fleet of mini boats doing the same thing. I cant imagine how much fun that would be.

    there is a honda shop in town that has the exact same jet ski as i have sitting in the back storage lot. looks like its a parts ski. anyway i am going to see what he will charge me to pull the intake housing off the pump. that way if this does not work i still have an operating on for my jet ski.

    If anyone has any advice or some pics on someone who has done this before let me know please post links or pics?

    To get the boat to plane better i plan on moving the whole cockpit forward about a foot. that should even out the weight. and also mount the battery up in the nose of the boat.

    who knows if this is goign to work. but i am pretty sure the first generation of this project is not going to be pretty. I dont want to have 10k wrapped up in this to find out the concept was flawed since the begining.
    2006 22ft Placecraft 496 Mag

  12. #10
    Senior Member Green w Envy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Edmonds, Wa
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartel View Post

    anyone ever cut down the drive shaft on one of these pumps?

    is there anything keeping me from shortening the output shaft on item number 5 on this pic?

    we have one in our shop right now that we are cutting down, i will post some pics up tonight / tomorrow -

    here is the mini project it will be going in




    in the owners garage after 6 coats of paint removed.


    Prepping for the pump...


    Darin

  13. #11
    Senior Member bartel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    840

    Default

    yes!!! exactly what i am looking for. some other people doing the same project. Are you going to cut the shaft and reweld it. I would really appreciate some pics of how you did this and what the dimensions are when your done. what motor are you putting in that thing? what hull is that. looks like a small placecraft.

    anyway awesome
    2006 22ft Placecraft 496 Mag

  14. #12
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,453

    Default

    "Paging "tron"...."


    "Will the crazy Norwegian please pick up the white courtesy phone!"

    There is a lengthy thread where Tron built his own hull, cut up a kick ass wave runner, and built the thing.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

  15. #13
    Senior Member bartel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    840

    Default

    I would like to see this thread you speak of! do you have a link or remember what it was titled so i can search for it. I have not seen it in my searches as of yet.
    2006 22ft Placecraft 496 Mag

  16. #14
    Living in a cage of fear thatguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Redding, CA
    Posts
    16,453

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartel View Post
    I would like to see this thread you speak of! do you have a link or remember what it was titled so i can search for it. I have not seen it in my searches as of yet.
    I can't remember the title of it.
    Can someone else help out?

    He is building a diesel submarine now. Posts here now and then.
    Tommy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexone View Post
    Tommy please remove all Jimsplace quotes from your sig and don't put more back. He doesn't like it and it is against the rules. Thank you.
    "So as through a glass, and darkly
    The age long strife I see
    Where I fought in many guises,
    Many names, but always me."

    Gen. George S Patton

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Tags for this Thread

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95