Torch Lake sandbar
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 19

Thread:
Torch Lake sandbar

  1. #1
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default Torch Lake sandbar

    We were at Torch Lake on the 4th.
    Thousands of people. About 90 degrees out. Great fun.


    On the way back I got stopped by the Sheriff.
    Evidently someone thought the boat was loud and had to quick get out their little cell phone and call in a complaint.
    He got out the DB meter and at idle 8' behind the boat it was 87 db.
    That just wasted the Sheriffs time, no tickets today.

    The trip back across the lake was about the roughest water I ever did with the Daytona. The prop was out of the water several times. She's not usually a wave jumper type of boat.
    Last edited by Unchained; 07-05-2010 at 11:00 AM.

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member flattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Menominee mi
    Posts
    934

    Default

    I wonder if people actually call and complain or if the cop feels the need to be a jag off all the time

  4. #3
    Senior Member OFFSHORE GINGER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    West Mich
    Posts
    1,585

    Default

    what a drag about the Sheriff and they sure can ruin a great day. Just curious was there many Skater's there and do you have any more pics's ?
    Last edited by OFFSHORE GINGER; 07-05-2010 at 04:08 PM.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,924

    Default

    Friday took my little piece of wood and such out and had a visit from oakland countys finest -speed noise as always lotta people think pontoons are the law

  7. #5
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OFFSHORE GINGER View Post
    what a drag about the Sheriff and they sure can ruin a great day. Just curious was there many Skater's there and do you have any more pics's ?
    I didn't see any Skaters on the water but there was a real nice one for sale along side the road with twin 300 Mercs. Maybe a 30' boat. It was for sale for around 140k.

    Another sandbar pic,

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  8. #6
    Canoe Jockey Michael Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Mark, we tried to launch there in the afternoon. When we arrived there was about six cop cars, four water cop boats and two toons with about 40 teens lined up blowin in the meter. I waited for about 45 minutes to launch. We left there and went to lake Charlevoix...had a blast
    "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...Baffle them with bullshit"

  9. #7
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    I couldn't believe how much law enforcement there was out on Sunday.
    They were in boats, jet skis, and on foot walking right through the middle of the crowd. Seemed like overkill to me. It's not like people were that out of control there.


    I think we're going back for more this weekend.

    Last edited by Unchained; 07-06-2010 at 08:55 AM.

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  10. #8
    Canoe Jockey Michael Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    I would meet ya there, but I am headed to Ontario to run the boat
    "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...Baffle them with bullshit"

  11. #9
    Highaboosta Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ada, Michigan
    Posts
    3,431

    Default

    Mike,
    We hardly ever launch right at the sandbar.
    Way too crowded.

    We usually launch on Clam river about 1 mile east of the Dockside bar.
    It's about 7 miles down to the sandbar from there but it's usually a nice ride.
    How does your boat handle rough water ?

    Twin Turbo 1800 HP V-Drive lake boat

    http://s621.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=MAH05771.mp4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No one cares about your buddies old antiquated garden hose technology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXIMUS View Post
    I think I could run more boost but it's a real hand full right now

  12. #10
    Canoe Jockey Michael Thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,130

    Default

    Mark, the cruiser does well in rough water....but I can't handle it...just getting old!! If you need a place to stay i am about 20 mimutes to the north Torch ramp. i have a cozy guest room
    "If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...Baffle them with bullshit"

  13. #11
    Member lucky cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Sparta, Michigan
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Anybody know if thats the norm now checking noise levels on torch or was it just for the Holiday weekends?...whats the limit?
    Were headed up this friday morning till sunday...maybe see you there Mark...

    ..Stroke it,
    ......Blow it,
    .........Get it Wet...
    HTM

    High Torque Marine

  14. #12
    Kar-man 1liberator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Mark, love the pics! Have ALWAYS wanted to spend time there, just haven't had a chance, yet! Any more pics? I have heard the Clam river launch is abit better. How far to the sand bar from there? Keith

  15. #13
    Senior Member The Violater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,426

    Default

    nICE PIC'S definately on my list, bummer about the law always a pain especially on a 90 degree day. I was in Tawas Fri. Sat. Sun. windy and rough !! The Schiada is a sea worthy boat !! Runs good through the rough stuff, mostly 2 to 4's . Came back Monday, ran the Saginaw River from Zilwalkee out into the Bay, went to Lindwood "Boaters Beach' came back around, did the whole Kakawilin River, then back out into the bay and back to Saginaw, with all the no wakes and running, drove the boat for about 6 hrs, burned about 18 gals of fuel. Cranked 5000 RPM's with 32 gears, a 12/14 Menkins, I figured it at about 80 to 85 MPH. Didn't clock it but drove rt by a couple of 'supposedly 70 MPH boats. The Schiada drives so easy a PARAPLEGIC CAVE MAN could drive it !!!! Super heavy boat, takes a ton of HP. to push it, but rides and sets like a dream !!! I just bought an 11 1/2 in. 15 Menkins, that should dial me in the rest of the way. I'm looking for about 55 to 5700 on a hot muggy day and 59 to 6300 on a cool night with a little chop !!!!
    / The Few The Proud TheBlown

  16. #14
    No Sandbar To Far sanger rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    3,276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Violater View Post
    nICE PIC'S definately on my list, bummer about the law always a pain especially on a 90 degree day. I was in Tawas Fri. Sat. Sun. windy and rough !! The Schiada is a sea worthy boat !! Runs good through the rough stuff, mostly 2 to 4's . Came back Monday, ran the Saginaw River from Zilwalkee out into the Bay, went to Lindwood "Boaters Beach' came back around, did the whole Kakawilin River, then back out into the bay and back to Saginaw, with all the no wakes and running, drove the boat for about 6 hrs, burned about 18 gals of fuel. Cranked 5000 RPM's with 32 gears, a 12/14 Menkins, I figured it at about 80 to 85 MPH. Didn't clock it but drove rt by a couple of 'supposedly 70 MPH boats. The Schiada drives so easy a PARAPLEGIC CAVE MAN could drive it !!!! Super heavy boat, takes a ton of HP. to push it, but rides and sets like a dream !!! I just bought an 11 1/2 in. 15 Menkins, that should dial me in the rest of the way. I'm looking for about 55 to 5700 on a hot muggy day and 59 to 6300 on a cool night with a little chop !!!!
    Thats a lot of miles! I'm guessing around 60

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95