Any jet boaters near hudson wi
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 14 of 16

Thread:
Any jet boaters near hudson wi

  1. #1
    Always looking forpicsvid millwrightlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85

    Default Any jet boaters near hudson wi

    Just moved here and looking for other jet boat fans and events or hangouts. i run mainly on the river. i dont see any jets around. whats with that?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member APOLLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MAHTOMEDI,MN
    Posts
    389

    Default

    I'm in Mahtomedi. I boat north of stillwater on the river on weekends and weekdays the hole length. That's fun.

  4. #3
    Always looking forpicsvid millwrightlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by APOLLO View Post
    I'm in Mahtomedi. I boat north of stillwater on the river on weekends and weekdays the hole length. That's fun.
    Looks like i will be out this friday most of the day. i will probably put in at Prescott wi and run to the sand islands in Hudson. maybe go farther north depends, not sure yet. sat and sun still open so we will see.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PerformanceBoats.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Senior Member APOLLO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    MAHTOMEDI,MN
    Posts
    389

    Default

    between Afton and Hudson is RUFF as hell on the weekends

  7. #5
    Always looking forpicsvid millwrightlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85

    Default

    rain rain and more rain. no jet fun today. you have got to be kidding. There just cannot be only two of us around hear.

  8. #6
    Always looking forpicsvid millwrightlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by millwrightlong View Post
    rain rain and more rain. no jet fun today. you have got to be kidding. There just cannot be only two of us around hear.


    Was struck by lightning last night. crazy crazy. was on the computer and all of a sudden blam, sparks and fire shoot out the side of my computer and my wifes computer. wow. lost the modem, router, two computers, 52 inch big screen lcd, 2 hd sat boxes, sat dish, washer. hope to go out with boat sunday, fingers crossed.

  9. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    8

    Default

    That sucks man... I live in wisconsin rapids... we were rockin' from the storm too. I don't have a jet boat, but i have a baja 20' outlaw. I run the local lakes and Castle Rock lake...hoping to get over by the Wolf River soon..
    '05 F-150 Screw
    '07 Raptor 700 (For Sale)
    '97 Baja 20' Outlaw 5.7L

  10. #8
    Senior Member tx19condor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Team Yamaha View Post
    That sucks man... I live in wisconsin rapids... we were rockin' from the storm too. I don't have a jet boat, but i have a baja 20' outlaw. I run the local lakes and Castle Rock lake...hoping to get over by the Wolf River soon..
    ive been up to castle rock a few times and it was always rough as hell. Is it always like that or was i just unlucky?

  11. #9
    Always looking forpicsvid millwrightlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85

    Default

    wow, only one guy within one hour of me. guess i will have to try to sneak in with the props and v drives. it is nice to be on your own when fishing and stuff but it would be nice to have some fun too. the islands by hudson are great. any body ever see a tug o war with boats? i saw it once, funny as hell.

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Woodstock, IL.
    Posts
    686

    Default

    I was just up there 2 weekends ago. My cousin who lives in Stacey MN. was married in Roberts at his fil's Farm. We stayed at the Hudson inn and drove over the ST. Croix a few times. It looked to me that would be a great place to boat. I have to say I don't recall seeing so many boats on the roads anyplace else over any given weekend. That whole area up around there is pretty nice to boot.
    The government's monetary role is to maintain the integrity of the monetary unit, not participate in fraud

  13. #11
    Always looking forpicsvid millwrightlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carlson-jet View Post
    I was just up there 2 weekends ago. My cousin who lives in Stacey MN. was married in Roberts at his fil's Farm. We stayed at the Hudson inn and drove over the ST. Croix a few times. It looked to me that would be a great place to boat. I have to say I don't recall seeing so many boats on the roads anyplace else over any given weekend. That whole area up around there is pretty nice to boot.

    Yes it is a great place and beautiful if your into pictures as my wife is. the islands in hudson are a great place to hang out, have a cook out and so on. If you want to race or stir things up a bit i know a great deserted stretch south of hudson, i have only witnessed one other boat on this stretch one time. they have buoy set up to keep big boats in the main channel, but its pretty cool set up, reminds me of a long distance race course. great fishing too. who says you cant fish off a jet boat, i do it all the time.

  14. #12
    Always looking forpicsvid millwrightlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85

    Default




    enjoying my sanger yesterday, bought and running for under 2g

  15. #13
    Senior Member jockorace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Whitewright, TX
    Posts
    3,359

    Default North of Stillwater

    I was hanging out at the Hudson islands last Sunday, and then ran up past Stillwater. I had never been up that way before. Rough from Hudson to Stillwater, then actually flat water for the next 3-4 miles. I was not in the Cougar (v-drive) but in my tournament ski boat, however I will definitely bring the Cougar up that way. Lots of places to make 100+ mph passes with no houses or people to piss off with the noise.
    Troy (Apollo), you were right about that strech of the river. Come on, get that motor done! Jocko

  16. #14
    Always looking forpicsvid millwrightlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jockorace View Post
    I was hanging out at the Hudson islands last Sunday, and then ran up past Stillwater. I had never been up that way before. Rough from Hudson to Stillwater, then actually flat water for the next 3-4 miles. I was not in the Cougar (v-drive) but in my tournament ski boat, however I will definitely bring the Cougar up that way. Lots of places to make 100+ mph passes with no houses or people to piss off with the noise.
    Troy (Apollo), you were right about that strech of the river. Come on, get that motor done! Jocko
    Let us know next time you plan. maybe we can get a few out. south of prescott is usualy empty and yes north of stillwater is good too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Digg This Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
 

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95